Forum
Help and support
 wavs importing as noise problem
Reply to topic Post new topic  
bitc
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02 2003 17:26    
wavs importing as noise problem

hello, i've read the FAQ and done a search on this board but i couldn't find information on this..

preamble: I'm in the process of deciding which tracker app to use (and register), so far Madtracker and Renoise are my favourites (its really useful that madtracker sticks to the generic windows GUI style, the 'custom' interfaces of trackers like Renoise and Skale tracker are a nuisance).

problem: Anyway.. i'm having trouble loading particular wav samples. They play as white(?) noise instead of the proper sound.. this only happens to some of my wavs, others import without problems. Does anyhone know why this is happening? or what to do about it?

thanks for your help
View user's journal Send private message
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02 2003 18:23    

Maybe the specifications of your wave aren't supported by Madtracker? I never tried to open waves with higher resolutions than 44 khz/16, so maybe this particular wavefile you refer to has an 'alternative' specification? Try resampling the wave to 44khz/16bit/stereo and see if the problem still occurs.

If not, please post a link to the specific wave, and I'll (or anyone else interested) have a look what could be wrong.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02 2003 21:27    

I've had some similar issues before, can't remember what caused it or how I solved it though Sad But I would try with changing the sound device (if the resampling that Inge suggested didn't work)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TmX
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 11:48    

Im pretty sure you need to use Uncompressed Wave format with Madtracker. So you could use your favorite Wave editor and re-save the wave file.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
bitc
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 11:53    

thanks for the suggestions. i'll try resaving in soundforge and if that doesn't work i'll be back! thanks again
View user's journal Send private message
Big Mo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 20:36    

I save WAVs mostly as 32 bit quality, and when I load them into MadTracker I get a similar problem. So maybe you're trying to open 32bit Floating Point-waves. MadTracker can open higher than 44100Hz by the way.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour