Forum
General discussion
 Power of MadTracker lies in its Community,
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Silas Rye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2004 08:41    
Power of MadTracker lies in its Community,

Not...
I've heard this too many times, and while I agree that there is a good community, and that that is a very positive thing, i think it is misleading, and nearly insulting to claim that this is one of the largest strengths or advantages of this program. This is not why i use madtracker, and i feel all (ie renoise) have supportive, if not quite so active, groups. I want to restate, I really appreciate the madtracker community, but i appreciate MT about 50 times more!

I personally would like to see Madtracker become very popular as a reward for yannick, since i love his work so much, but i honestly dont care if other use it, and infact, i feel almost like MT is a secret weapon at this point, since so few (% wise) use this program for making music.

Just wanted to let yall know that I think Madtracker is the best part of Madtracker.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Elijah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 01:32    
Re: Power of MadTracker lies in its Community,

i personally agree and disagree.

MT is a very excellent music program. that is in stone.

but compared to other formats of composing, tracking can be very confusing to a younger person, somebody who is just learning music, or somebody who is used to sequencers or hardware.

BUT when learned, there is no competition on manipulation of samples. NONE. tracking is THE best way to manipulate samples end of story.

so the thing is this. although it is a great program, i would have gotten VERY frustrated and left if not for support and encouragment from many MT users. as well from seeing what awesome music could be made, and how much people gave back to other artists here at MT.org

so i have to agree and disagree. the MT community in my opinion is crucial for this programs success, so i have to give props to the community here at MT.org for keeping me interested. it has been very rewarding. BUT the most thanx goes to yannick for being so creative with this program and the ways that he has created this community.

Madtracker is with me for life. whether im making music or remembering the great people here.

-peace

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 03:48    

Ok...I don't agree with ne of you 2..and at the same time i do...(strange no...?)

With all due respect; this is the silliest topic ever...U like the prog..that's good. But why the hell get caught up in other peoples reasons for useing it???? I wouldn't bother if i were you, and thankfully i'm not Razz . If people like it here(as i do) leave it be,and stop whining...nuff said.. Wink
View user's journal Send private message
Elijah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 05:13    

lol. fair enough.

i guess that if people are going to stay and learn the proggy, then they will.

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 07:02    

A community isn't usually the power lying behind an application. Exceptions being those based on chatting and online gaming, but nevermind that.

However, if a program has a community behind it, a preferably large one that can give support without being "uppity" about it, then using the program can be much better (possibly easier) for the user.

So yeah.

N0N

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 09:24    

Cheers Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18 2004 15:26    

- I am the Walrus! Hear me roar:

- Meeeeeps.

http://www.souleye.se
Mephi
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04 2005 02:53    

I used FruityLoops alot before (well.. for about 2 moths ago or something), and and i must really say: it looked like hell when i first saw it, and i almost gave up, but then i saw that it wasnt so different from fl.. almost the same, just with less flexebility, and greater respect if you say what program you use...

Great program! keep it up yannick!

meh = Aximal
http://home.no/aximal
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04 2005 06:05    

SoulEye wrote:
- I am the Walrus! Hear me roar:

- Meeeeeps.

koo koo kachoooo

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour