Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2003 15:32    
how?

How did you know me aqnd Daxx where the same guy Twisted Evil Shocked

- Toffe

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2003 15:41    

I'll let you in on a little secret: I see dead people, so I asked my gran-pa to make a visit to your place Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2003 17:02    

haha!!
well back to reality for a bit fellas,

what happens with all the licensing once this CD gets released? will there be some record label its released under? copyrights?

do the featured artists get royalties?

Cool
-mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09 2003 19:52    

well, he was talking about some small royalties to the artists represented, but I doubt it would be run through a record company. To be honest, don't think any record company would be interested (plus it would make the CD more expencive, since all the managers want their share). I'm guessing Yannick was planning to run the thing from his place and use the trusted old jungle drum to spread the word Wink

but maybe Yannick starts his own label: Madtracker Records, MTRecordings, or maybe Madhouse tunes Very Happy
mikx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10 2003 14:05    

yeah actually i like the sound of that last one: Madhouse Tunes.. has a nice inkly dinkly ring to it..

Cool
-mikx
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 07:51    

I think a "CREME OF MT" cd would be good,

It would promote Madtracker better, rather than just promoting the compo.. dont you think.

Imagine someone buying the cd, hearing the quality and professional approach of the top people and thinking.. I have got to register this program.

The CD could be a Enhanced CD, Audio tracks and the say try and leave 50 - 100 megs free to put in some advertising, some MT2's from the compo.. a direct link to the MAZ order page and a copy of MT2 and the reverb etc etc.. I am sure there is plenty of things that could be put on there..

Artist Biographies etc

If it had all that.. I would buy it.

I would be happy to Master the CD too Razz

pjo2000

http://www.projectoverkill.com
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 09:42    

Pjo's idea sounds cool. Make it more like a DVD, but on CD. Extra features (the bio idea is great IMO), maybe some graphics wizzard could do a magic trick and get some MT wallpapers done also (one with a chick is a must Razz ), tunes in the original MT2 format (maybe even the same that are featured as audio? so people could see how the raw material was done before the mastering), a beginners guide with tutorial songs, the reverb plugin of course, Madtracker itself (the free version), maybe someone could put togheter a simple beginners guide for the mastering process (like the one on, uhh, is it Reasons homepage? I think it's there...).
What else could be good...hmm, a section of do's and do not's for beginners. You know, like "DO always check that there are no unused samples loaded into a tune before uploading", "DO NOT upload your first tune, ever, it sucks". Ok, lame examples, but you get the idea Wink Oh, and a simple SAMPLE PACK, with all the necessary sounds to get you started. THAT, is one thing that all the people that start in the scene are looking for, that one sample pack that you can use to make your first tune, before you realize everybody else that has this CD also uses these samples Very Happy

I think we could easily fill a CD with stuff that would actually be more than just another "tracked works" or whatever TiS' crem de la crem CD's used to be called. Something that would actually promote the program and be a collection of cool music, and at the same time help beginners get into the scene.

I'd buy it Smile
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 09:53    

So what you would prefer is rather a promotional starters CD? Something useful that is...

I could check with Maz to get some samples (and to have a great distribution hopefuly Very Happy).

Yannick
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 10:10    

Yannick wrote:
So what you would prefer is rather a promotional starters CD? Something useful that is...

Yannick

Yea, I think that's a really good idea. The question is how to get a hold of all thoose nice songs made by madtrackers Smile

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 11:15    

Quote:
What else could be good...hmm, a section of do's and do not's for beginners. You know, like "DO always check that there are no unused samples loaded into a tune before uploading", "DO NOT upload your first tune, ever, it sucks".

Actually, that DO NOT rule goes for anything uploadable. Doom 2 levels, Anime fanart, Flash movies, etc.

...ooh, wait, back up a bit. Did you say DVD? That is a good idea Very Happy Now you said a graphics wiz, right?

Very Happy NYA HA!

Actually, I make some joke DVD cases every now and then. A good example can be located at:
http://au.geocities.com/chicagolollie/limat/pics.htm
This one is a bit basic effects wise, a couple of radial blurs here, layer blending there, you know, stuff like that Smile

Oh wait, you said 'more like a DVD, but on CD'... a VCD then?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 11:49    

nope, a VCD is a video CD, doesn't have any extra features (well, maybe language selection for the audio, if it's SVCD). No I mean it would be an audio CD, but like DVD's it has extra features, in the form I listed. It wouldn't be just an audio CD.

I think this type of CD would have a much better chance of selling, than a music CD. I mean, think of TiS. They had their audio CD's that they sold, but how many did they sell in the end, considering their relatively big audience? I think not many. Now, I'm not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they only had a collection of good tunes on them, nothing more (if they were in native format or as audio I don't remember).

A CD with extra features on the other hand, would give more people a reason to buy it. Some maybe for the music only, some for the beginners guide to both tracking in MT and mastering, some for the luxurious biographies that would be on there Very Happy. Of course, the music should be the main focus on the CD, but all those other things are little things that might turn a potential buyer from "maybe" to "yes".

btw. Lollie, I think you are a good candidate for making the covers. An anime look would be pretty cool on a Madtracker CD I think Smile At least you have to wiz togheter a wallpaper Wink
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 12:19    

Ah, so you mean, like, a cd with audio and data on it - A mixed cd.
Hee hee, cool.
Pitty though, I wouldn't have minded putting my DVD Cover ideas to use, but oh well Smile

...you know, although it would cost more, wouldn't it be easier to sell a 2-CD pack? You know, audio on one cd, data and other info on the other?

Just a thought

EDIT
Ooh, a MadTracker Wallpaper, `ey?
*Opens Adobe Photoshop straight away!*
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 13:06    

TOffe wrote:
Yannick wrote:

Yannick

Yea, I think that's a really good idea. The question is how to get a hold of all thoose nice songs made by madtrackers Smile

How about this, we'd start a poll (closed votes) where everyone can send in their suggestions on a couple of people, as diverse in style as possible, that could do a tune for the CD. The 10 people that get the most votes make a tune (or 12 people? depends on tracklenghts, any limits on that? I'd suggest 6-7 minutes). Maybe there should be a sort of enrollment for this thing, so that people don't suggest someone that doesn't want to do it at all.
Someone should also be doing a qualitycheck, so no crap gets entered.
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 13:09    

Lollie: yeah, I was thinking the same thing, if there really will be that much extra material, maybe a second CD would be better. Then we could get even more tunes on the audio CD Smile

Sorry about your DVD cover ideas, but I think a DVD would be a bit too expencive to produce, plus it limits the audience to some extent Wink
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11 2003 18:21    

Well that's a cool idea! A promotional cd, full of nice goodies for both newbies as interested listeners. Low-level entry, complete, good artwork, best music and educational too...a cd one can't resist!

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 8 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next