MadTracker.org
Forum - Program keeps muting all track and....
 Forum
Help and support
 Program keeps muting all track and....
Reply to topic Post new topic  
DJ_NoLa_TiGGeR
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15 2003 11:46    
Program keeps muting all track and....

Say I am working on creating a song... well as I am working on the tracks the sound just disables itself... and then I have to sound enable again... and this happens repeatedly

also when I am creating a Drum Pattern.... I start to play it and it plays about to the 24frame and then it just stops... I think this is related to the Sound problem above as the drum pattern turns on the sound before you play it...
View user's journal Send private message AIM Address
TmX
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16 2003 12:43    

Ive never heard of problems like this in Mt2.
But simalar things did happen to me in Ft2 (dos), The problem back then was the sound config. Like if I set wrong dma in Ft2. It could play for a few seconds then it stoped.

But Mt2 uses Direct Sound so there should not be problems like that.

What you could do is try to change the Audio device in the audio tab of mt2 config window. If its set to Direct sound then try the other, or vice versa.

Also by default Mt2 will stop when it takes too much cpu time. You can uncheck that option in the general tab (stop on cpu overhead) Tho it should not be the problem if your computer is above mt2 system requierments.

By the way, Mt2 works alot better in NT envarioment (NT,win2k or winXP)

Ofcours you should be sure to use your latest soundcard drivers and latest direct X.
I cant help you with any of that since I do not know what OS or Soundcard you use.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17 2003 08:02    

If you have checked the box for "Stop on CPU overhead" in the setup/general, it'll stop on CPU overhead, mate Very Happy

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18 2003 06:48    

I agree with TmK about the NT environment and Madtracker. MT2 defintiely works better in win2k than it did in win98, win98se, or winME.

I do have one potentially useful thing to add:
If you are using a soundblaster sound card, you might try some different soundcard drivers, such as the drivers kxproject drivers.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
BeatMax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18 2003 14:31    

Is it worth to change to the kx-Drivers? I am using Win98 and tried the APS-Drivers. The mastering tools were neat but I got problems with the transmissions of MIDI-Data. The drivers turned some of my keyboards notes into C7 and C0. That wasnt really fun and I uninstalled them again. I am using a SBLIVE5.1 card.

How about the soundfont compatibilities? (ROM-Samples). If they are really better I might change but convince me first Wink

Regards

BMX

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
TmX
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19 2003 08:15    

I did try the KX drivers before under WinXP with my old Sblive player 1024.

It worked really nice. There are no bass and tribe controlls in the windows sound controll panel so with these drivers it sounds different. But on the other hand, the KX drivers offers an Equalizer so you could get even better sound then the original Live drivers.

To my understanding these drivers works well when used with Cubase and the likes.

There are no real advantages when using it with Mt2. And they are defenatly not ment to be used with games as your support for EAX and 3d sound is no longer supported.

You do get some Asio support. If I remember correctly I had problems with the Asio support under Buzz (I make alot of my samples with buzz) But im not intierly sure about that ...

Best thing to do is to try the drivers as you can uninstall them quite easy anyway Smile

Another solution is to use the modified Audigy 2 drivers with your SbLive! card.
I have tried that too and those worked very good. Tho no Asio support at all and you can not utilize built in Hardware features of Audigy 2 (like the DVD Audio player, 24bit 192khz play/record)

These modified drivers works very good with Games and they are also very stable. Its known that alot of ppl have problems with Sblive 5.1 sound cards and these drivers seems to cure such problems (mine was 4.1 and I never had any problems) The sound also get a bit more clear and the CMSS 3d feature is better if you ever use it. Also the EAX seems a bit better too (no static noise that can occur in some games)

I did switch to an Audigy 2 a few months ago, thats even better Wink No problems yet (using latest drivers updates and such)
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 12:20    

Hey Tmx, you forgot the:
Cheers
//TmX
at the end. Otherwise, good post.

cheers (because I'm so British),
~Enon

*Enonimis does not actually endose or promote the British.

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27 2003 08:12    

Enonimis wrote:
Hey Tmx, you forgot the:
Cheers
//TmX
at the end. Otherwise, good post.

cheers (because I'm so British),
~Enon

*Enonimis does not actually endose or promote the British.

^_^ I guess I did forget.
Well ...
Cheers
//TmX Wink
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour