Forum - Suggestion box
 Forum
Suggestions
 Suggestion box
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Comatose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08 2005 10:00    

I can't remember what has been suggested already (if anything at all) concerning midi capabilites and Madtracker. What I would like very much to be able to do is use my guitar as a keyboard, via a midi pickup and an external module. Roland makes both of these. I've had my eyes on these two particular items for some time, as well as some of their other products that are capable of working with midi. However I am drawn to hesitancy by not knowing if this type of configuration is even remotely possible. If not, I think it's something that should be taken into consideration. Many perverse ideas flow through my mind at the possibility of being able to use my guitar as if it were a synth and by not having my inspiration stunted by spending an eternity pecking away at the keyboard. To me as well as others I'm certain this would open up many doors, and inspire many.

Many Thanks,

Comatose
View user's journal Send private message
zyark
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09 2005 15:41    
Will it be Possible to make MT3 Read VC-10 Vocoder

Hi Madtracker Team Smile
Greatinxxxx

Will it be possible for MT3 to read
Wavelab's Vc-10 Vocder ? I really love this vocoder
and beleave me i tryed to find out if any other vocoder
can do the same thing but i not find one i like
as much as Vc-10 vocder its have a nice effects on samples
and would be very very useful to use in madtracker 4 me.

Greatings & Best Regards!
Zyark...
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
em22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01 2005 22:10    

Inge wrote:
http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

But I see what you mean. That you're fiddling around with a VST instrument *inside* MadTracker, and that you can export the sound it makes (including the note off length) at different keys.

Maybe Yannick should contact the people from Xlutop? Very Happy

Inge

Yeah, I've seen chainer but would like to do this within MT ofcourse. The further down the developing line we seem to have got - the further away we have got from the art of tracking. More and more is dependant on the filters and fx applied on the tracks rather than the effect commans. Bringing back the ease in which you can "command" a sample would be an awesome breath of fresh air to me.

please Yannick - this feature can't be too hard to add!! Peeeeerrrleeeeaaazzzzeeeee!!!!!!

(die hard old skool sample loving tracker)

em22
Bakkertje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26 2005 23:42    
SYNCHRONISATION

HEY it would be a major cool option to be able to sync two madtracker laptops(computers) whit eachother GREAT FOR MIXING your own tracks on a party
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27 2005 14:54    
Re: SYNCHRONISATION

Bakkertje wrote:
HEY it would be a major cool option to be able to sync two madtracker laptops(computers) whit eachother GREAT FOR MIXING your own tracks on a party

That would actually be cool. .. and I think it's possible via MIDI sync, though it works quite bad. Maybe it would be possible to do better via USB or something? Smile

Cool idea anyway Smile

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mechanism

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18 2005 11:21    

Pan for delay.
This is more for the next version of mt.
I would like to see a pan slider for the normal delay in the effects. Im not talking about stereo delay here. The idea being you can pan your sample hard left or right and have a delay on the opposite side creating a nice stereo instrument effect. Smile
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
QBical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 10:17    

I have this idea, maby for the next version of MT, but wouldn't it be nice to control certain VST parameters via the FX column?

Lets say we use fx commands E0 - DF ( or something ) for different assignable parameters ( maby the ones you select in the automation window ). And since midi commands are 0-127 we have more then enough room in the fx column. Anywayz' what do you guys think. It would create nasty cool effects!

Grtz!
Raymond

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
goose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 11:46    

QBical wrote:
I have this idea, maby for the next version of MT, but wouldn't it be nice to control certain VST parameters via the FX column?

Lets say we use fx commands E0 - DF ( or something ) for different assignable parameters ( maby the ones you select in the automation window ). And since midi commands are 0-127 we have more then enough room in the fx column. Anywayz' what do you guys think. It would create nasty cool effects!

Grtz!
Raymond

Yes please. Very Happy

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 13:01    

goose wrote:
QBical wrote:

Grtz!
Raymond

Yes please. Very Happy

Copy that. VST control via codes seems very appealing, and very intuitive. After all, the power of MadTracker is its interface. Automation isn't a direct part of that, whereas hex-codes are. Yannick?

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 13:16    

Something like this?

Yannick
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 13:19    

Yes. But then user-friendly, so people can actually work with it. If that can't be done, then someone needs to write a pretty fine and short manual for it.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
QBical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22 2005 19:11    

Yup, as I said it would be great to have fx commands ( like cc ) correspond with the vst paramaters you select in the automation window via the drop-down menu, it's 16 parameters max, but I think that's more than enough. It beats looking up all the CC numbers Wink

But thanks for the tip anyway'z I didn't know about cc...

Grtz
Raymond

Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
QBical

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25 2005 23:09    

btw another idea, just thought of it while speaking to a friend about sonar. Sonar has an algorithm that creates an very short fade out when you cut a sample in the edit window.

Could this be applied to the madtracker wave editor aswell, then there would be no more clicks.

Grtz
Raymond

mechanism

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19 2005 12:50    

Hey wheres the panning feature in the automation box? Ofcourse we would need a Track Panning knob 1st Very Happy

<~The Mechanism~>

http://mechanism.madtracker.net
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28 2005 10:35    

Here's one improvement that I'd hope to see in the final release of 2.5 already. Inge mentioned it on irc when he was here, but I figured it would be good to post it also so others can comment if they want.

My suggestions in short:

1. Always visible would mean the windows that have this option checked also open up at startup automatically.
2. An option that says save window positions, which would understand the concept of two or more monitors.

Description of the problem to further illustrate:

I have a dual monitor setup when running MT. In one monitor I have the pattern editor, and in the other I have the mixer, automation and track fx (VST editors also open here). What's bugging me is that MT forgets that these windows have been open if I restart MT. I always have to click through the buttons for activating mixer, fx and automation in order for them to show in the second monitor (they do however always open up in the second monitor, something I believe atm. is the work of my matrox display driver).

Now I know there is a window configuration utility inside the main config dialog, but what happens when I check the boxes for mixer etc. to always be visible? Madtracker forgets (or overrides) the positions of the windows, so now when I start MT, not only do the windows not show up (because it seems always visible doesn't mean automatically opened at startup), but when I click to activate them they show up in the first monitor every time. And now they stay visible, obscuring the view on the pattern window untill I either close them or close Madtracker (because, after all, they've been checked to always be visible).

For examples of (imo) good window managment in multimonitor setups, check out Flash MX 2004 or Photoshop.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 20 of 22 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next