MadTracker.org
Forum - Import sounds/play live from keyboard?
 Forum
Help and support
 Import sounds/play live from keyboard?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
db2010
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03 2005 05:57    
Import sounds/play live from keyboard?

Hi,

I never used a [music] keyboard before with trackers, but recently got one that supports midi and has alot of sounds built in, and trying to use that to play live w/o sampling/recording the sounds thru line in or other ghetto ways, etc. I would like to know if it's possible or would I need a mixer or another box, etc? (my "music" knowledge is pretty limited to what I know and tracking, forgive the newbness) and if I can use a mixer would that record/save the sounds for me (like a virtual instrument) or dumb question: would I need to have my keyboard on to play the sounds, etc..
View user's journal Send private message
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06 2005 22:38    

Since MIDI is basically just a protocol used to give instructions to the host and/or client it can't be used to transfer sounds as such. In other words, if you want to get the sounds out of your synth you'll have to go through the line out. If your synth doesn't have a built in speaker or a headphones out (which it probably has), then you'll have to figure out some way of getting the sound through an amplifier to a set of speakers if you want to hear the sound. You can go through the line-in of your soundcard if you want to. That way you'd have everything set up for recording the sounds also...

Hope this helped, I'm a bit tired so I might not have made sence all the way Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour