Announcements
 MadTracker Compo 2005: Vote for your favourite VST plugins
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18 2005 15:47    
MadTracker Compo 2005: Vote for your favourite VST plugins

The new big MadTracker compo is being prepared! This year, a fixed set of VST plugins will be allowed to work with. Since we expect the best entries ever, we concluded that the bundled plugins might not satisfy your demands.

That's why we offer you to vote for up to five of your favourite VST plugins directly from the plugins page. The ten plugins with the most votes will be allowed alongside the bundled plugins during the MadTracker compo!

Please only vote for free plugins. Voting for commercial plugins is only useful if the demo version is completely without limitations. If some of your favourite plugins aren't listed, please contact the plugins maintainers at plugins_at_madtracker_dot_org. They will then be added as soon as possible. Happy voting!

Go to the Plugins page

Last edited by Yannick on Fri Aug 19 2005 16:15; edited 4 times in total
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18 2005 16:22    

Okay, so do we vote right here in this thread?

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18 2005 17:08    

Yannick wrote:
you can vote from now on for up to five of your favourite VST plugins directly from the plugins page

Wink

Yannick
D Vibe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18 2005 17:44    

Yannick wrote:
Yannick wrote:
you can vote from now on for up to five of your favourite VST plugins directly from the plugins page

Wink

Yannick

Aha, wups .. Laughing

https://www.dvibe.se
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19 2005 00:15    

Why couldn't we simply allow any freeware plugin available, atleast the ones that are in the MT plugin database ?

OK, if my above given idea isn't adopted, here are the plugins I anyway will require (besides the ones that came bundled with MT)

- Arguru Stardust (mastering)

- The Simulanalog guitar amp suite (I consider this set of plugins as one single plugin, as they are all stored in one .zip file when you download them). If you don't know those - Rather unknown and totally underrated I must say - plugins, download the demo .ogg here and it's source .mt2 file here.

- Andreas Ersson's Iblit (or his Polyiblit)

- Mr Tramp (the Rhodes emulator)

- EVM ultrasonique (Love those pads!)

By giving that list, I assume that the following plugins, that came bundled with MT are anyway allowed :

- Superwave P8
- The Kjaerhus classic audio suite
- SFZ

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
sheepoid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19 2005 01:38    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
Simulanalog guitar amp suite (I consider this set of plugins as one single plugin, as they are all stored in one .zip file when you download them). If you don't know those - Rather unknown and totally underrated I must say - plugins, download the demo .ogg here and it's source .mt2 file here.

- EVM ultrasonique (Love those pads!)

Just downloaded GSuite and EVM's Ultrasonique. GSuite seems better than most other freebie guitar amp simulators I've tried (and I've got quite a few). The JCM900 is quite good. As can perhaps be expected, the plugins in the GSuite don't sound as good as what Amplitube can do, but they are usable.

I think Ultrasonique is great... I haven't yet tried all of the presets but I love the `Poppy` one!

Thanks for the links, TNK.

Regards,

David.
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19 2005 07:43    

TNK: We ask to vote to limit the list of VST plugins allowed in the compo. This mainly to avoid reviewers and listeners to download a hundred of different plugins. They will be allowed to download them all in advance.

And to vote, use the vote button in the plugins page. Votes in this thread are void. Wink

Yannick
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19 2005 08:37    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
By giving that list, I assume that the following plugins, that came bundled with MT are anyway allowed :

- Superwave P8
- The Kjaerhus classic audio suite
- SFZ

Only Superwave P8 is bundled from that list.

Yannick
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19 2005 16:12    

Yannick wrote:
TNK: We ask to vote to limit the list of VST plugins allowed in the compo. This mainly to avoid reviewers and listeners to download a hundred of different plugins. They will be allowed to download them all in advance.

I can understand this, but why only 10 ? The previous compoes featured so many different styles requiring so many different plugins that I think this limit should be raised from 10 to atleast 20 or 30. That's atleast my opinion.

Yannick wrote:
And to vote, use the vote button in the plugins page. Votes in this thread are void. Wink
Yannick

OK, I'll vote for the ones I love Smile

Elijah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 03:18    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
Yannick wrote:

I can understand this, but why only 10 ? The previous compoes featured so many different styles requiring so many different plugins that I think this limit should be raised from 10 to atleast 20 or 30. That's atleast my opinion.

Yannick wrote:
Yannick

OK, I'll vote for the ones I love Smile

If your plugs dont get voted, you can simply render single hits, chords, etc.. in order to achieve your 'unique sound' personally, i think that a limited amount of plugs can enhance the realism of the competition.

10 plugs sounds good. even if it was only 5.

all you really need is a compressor, a couple synths and a phaser or something like that. everything else is with MT.

also, its very possible to get a sound from one plug and emulate it in another, it just takes some experimenting... which is, what music is about anyways.

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 14:31    

Elijah wrote:
If your plugs dont get voted, you can simply render single hits, chords, etc.. in order to achieve your 'unique sound' personally

This could work for synths, but what about effects ?

Elijah wrote:
i think that a limited amount of plugs can enhance the realism of the competition.

I think it will rather narrow down the style range the compo will feature, and I don't like uniformity... There are so many music styles out there that you may need a lot of plugs to allow the MT users to do all the styles they want...

And as I've always been the one who entered the "different" song... And I'ld like to do it this year too, atleast if I have time to do it (with all this Star Academy thing in town, I might be quite busy this autumn)

Elijah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 22:03    

TNK / ATK project wrote:

I think it will rather narrow down the style range the compo will feature, and I don't like uniformity... There are so many music styles out there that you may need a lot of plugs to allow the MT users to do all the styles they want...

personally i think this statement itself is garbage, for example take an OHC. you have a very limited number of samples but all the entries always are something different.

Simply trying a new chord combination and filters can make a world of difference.

the amount of plugins will not determine the outcome of a song to a musician who tries to truly be original
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 22:31    

Elijah wrote:

personally i think this statement itself is garbage, for example take an OHC. you have a very limited number of samples but all the entries always are something different.

Sur you can. But you express yourself with an heavy constraint. Some like it, some don't.

Imagine you get a bundle of drum & base oriented samples. OK, you can do a lot of different stuff with it.

But you can't make a country folk song out of it (or a country folk song from another planet maybe).

This means that if the allowed VST list is too short (and with 10 VSTs I definitely think it is), it will automatically narrow down the music styles you can do with it.

As I think this compo should allow us to enter songs that use ALL the possibilities of madtracker (and therefore explore a lot of various styles). And as the different music styles that exist out there have so many different requirements, I think a 10 plugins list is definitely too short.

Walter Vos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 22:35    
Re: MadTracker Compo 2005: Vote for your favourite VST plugi

Yannick wrote:
The ten plugins with the most votes will be allowed alongside the bundled plugins during the MadTracker compo!

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28 2005 22:37    
Re: MadTracker Compo 2005: Vote for your favourite VST plugi

Walter Vos wrote:
Yannick wrote:
The ten plugins with the most votes will be allowed alongside the bundled plugins during the MadTracker compo!

Which makes it go up to around 20. Not much compared to the possibilities offered by the whole spectrum of plugins available...

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next