MadTracker.org
Forum - New Fresh tune, Emotional Waves .
 Forum
Music talk
 New Fresh tune, Emotional Waves .
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2005 11:01    
New Fresh tune, Emotional Waves .

My new trance/electro song.
Feedback would be appreciated ... a lot (again ? Wink)

http://members.home.nl/f.vanuden/mt/emotional%20waves.mp3

Franklin ..

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2005 19:24    

I like it, it has a really nice drive which I guess is the most important. Reminds me a little of "popcorn" sometimes. Wink

Its a little heavy in the "deep end", watching the VU meter in winamp confirms this. The bass and bassdrum takes a lot of room that maybe some of the brighter sounds could use - the bass in particular. Because I like it - I would also have wished for it to be a little longer.

Good stuff!! Smile

EDIT: ups my winamp EQ was on, so the bass is not as dominant as previously stated. Smile

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
bigandymac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30 2005 23:46    

yeah this tune is pretty good. its incredibly happy (seems to be a lot of happy music about at the moment).
the bass is really nice, the pads are ok, although the filtering is a bit erratic, the melody is pretty short, but youve kept enough variation in to keep it interesting.
in this track i think you have used a vst drum synth and imho there arent any good free drum vsts and i prefer to use samples (breakbeatparadise is good for these), but that is purely a matter of taste.

nice work, keep it up.

cheers

andy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31 2005 09:01    

Thank you guys, really motivating stuff ! Smile

I'm planning on making a extended mix later on. (i will remaster it offcorz, Martin Wink)

@ Andy, im also not quit satisfied with the erratic filtering part, i will fiddle around a bit with it in the extended version.
I have the same problem, with VST drums, i use drumatic 3 alot, although it gives that nice electro feeling and great quality, it is not always satisfying. I will take a look at breakbeatparadise, thanx for the Tip Andy ...

Franklin

MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05 2005 10:27    

Nice and fast upbeat song with some variations.

However, you very clearly feel that this is a "Tracker made song". A strong melody would probably fix that, and make the experience all "different".

Now, your focus seems to have been to much on the pads, drums and bassline... A lot of go-go, but nothing really rock-solid that carries the listener to new hights.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
troy1818

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06 2005 20:55    

Change drums, this tune need some serious drums if you ask me. This will make the tune more interesting and give it a set of Cahones (which is lacking right now Very Happy ).
View user's journal Send private message
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12 2005 20:41    

MagnarTBL wrote:

However, you very clearly feel that this is a "Tracker made song". A strong melody would probably fix that, and make the experience all "different".

Is that a bad thing ???, just kidding... Wink
I hear what you mean, it need some more "track independend" (did i write that correct? Very Happy ) lines to lose that tracker based feeling in this track ...

Quote:

Now, your focus seems to have been to much on the pads, drums and bassline... A lot of go-go, but nothing really rock-solid that carries the listener to new hights.

I reckon that my work is pretty standard at this moment, always nice to see that my own thoughts and feelings about my tracks is good, at least i think it's good since more ppl share those feelings, so i can work on it ... Thanx for the feedback !!

troy1818 wrote:

Change drums, this tune need some serious drums if you ask me. This will make the tune more interesting and give it a set of Cahones (which is lacking right now Laughing ).

Cahones, or cojones are always good! (songs with balls rock most of the time Wink) Laughing
As mentioned before i will try to put some creativity in them beatz also, eventually i want to get rid of the looped sample beats, as almost all samples fot that matter (no no not vocals ofcorz). But as mentioned before in this thread it is damn hard to find some nice drum VST (wich are free ofcorz ...), Drumatic 3 is kewl , and gives quality sounds , but something is still missing, if not combined with samples (such as loops) .. (maybe anyone has some tips???) Sad .... But in the next production i will try to give it some of them cahones, thanx Troy Smile

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour