Announcements
 The Conquest Of Scandinavia
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23 2005 08:06    
The Conquest Of Scandinavia

During the summer of 2005, I threw some clothes into a huge bag, said bye to the Netherlands, and travelled by train through Scandinavia for two weeks. While doing so, I hooked up with some regulars from the MadTracker-community. I wrote a travel log during my journey, and now wish to share some of my stories from there with you. Follow me, please?

Read 'The Conquest Of Scandinavia'

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25 2005 13:34    

Applause Very entertaining and well written article, also enjoyed the photos. But... What happened with the girl, did she answer the SMS?

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25 2005 14:56    

Seemed a nice trip to the North of the world.

Indeed Helsinki is Nice (Never been in Sweden or Norway, but it's said to be nice too). All those places look very Swiss to me as the style of the houses looks very Swiss to me.

The castle in Helsingborg however looks typically Swedish. A friend once visited such a castle, but in a much warmer environment, on St Barthelemy, a tiny island in the Carribean that was a Swedish possession for centuries (The main city on St Barthelemy is called Gustavia and it's main road "Kingsgatan" ... Strange when you see this name surrounded by coconut trees!)

The Nimis & Arx project looks cool. It looks like the pictures of native houses in Indonesia (BTW, I have an Indonesian friend who saw your "Conquest" article, who asked me if the Netherlands still think about conquering the world... Considering Indonesia's history, I think he got quite worried!)

Maybe you saw Stockholm on a bad day, because usually it's said to be a nice place.

About Swedish girls... Well, they are indeed known worldwide for being pretty Smile. We (Alsace, France) have been a Swedish Colony during the XVIIth century too, and considering the girls we have here, some Genes from the Swedish conquerants must still be around Smile

The main Cathedral of Helsinki is indeed a nice place. Even Darude's producers noticed it Smile Overall, Helsinki is indeed a very green town, and except for it's center, it's more like a Huuuggeee village to me. Really nice (OK, to me it would be nicer if it could have been teleported to a place less than 1000 Km away from the Equador, but you can't get everything in Life...). The harbour is depressing like Every Harbour and Sunbuster looks a bit like Arno, a competitor of our current season of Star Academy (A mixture between Big brother and Pop Idol).

The view from train just after the Norvegian border looks exactly like a little town in Central Switzerland... but in October...

Trondheim looks very Norvegian indeed with all those red houses. I guess that if you liked this place, Bergen would even look nicer to you. The Cathedral looks a bit like the one of Strasbourg mixed with London's Westminster Abbey.

Is Pyrozane indeed that Blond or did he do something to his hair ?

Oslo looks a lot like London. Besides this the "mates room full of computers" makes me think I could rent his flat to shoot the Sequel to "Wargames" or something like this.

OK, Nice to see you had a nice trip in Scandinavia. Obviously you like such places. Central and Southern Europe is nice too, and Alcohol is almost 5 times cheaper in France than in Scandinavia. But our laws concerning drugs are the harshest (and most applied) in Europe and our prisons are said to be the most Squallid ones in Europe (Ex Aequo with the Greek ones, that are close to the Turkish ones... Midnight express rulez ?)

Spain however is much cheaper and tolerant on drugs. Besides this, they have 40°c shadowside 4 months a year... (And lotsa German and Swedish girls go there in Summer, wearing clothes that you can only see if you have a very good sight).

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 00:03    

Nice log indeed! Smile

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 00:19    

Seems that Norway

Is after all not that different from a town 40 Km away from home (Orbey, Alsace, France) :

Obviously I was right when I tought that my place is climatically closer to Northern Norway than Southern France !

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 09:25    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
... and Sunbuster looks a bit like Arno, a competitor of our current season of Star Academy (A mixture between Big brother and Pop Idol).

Don't know if that's good or bad... And no, despite my tomato red face I have only had one drink at the point when the picture was taken Mr. Green (I'm like Conan, I get red when I'm in the sun. Getting a tan is a real slow process for me, so most of the time I don't bother. Going for red helps me blend in with the 423 other random people who drink alcohol out on the streets Wink ). Anyway, The odd combination of milk and alcohol Inge is talking about was in fact a white russian. Here's how you make one:

in an old fashioned glass add some ice
- add two russians
- add some white .
- fill up with light cream, mix and serve (due to the fact there might be underaged people viewing this I'm not going to post what light cream looks like. Let's just say the bartender is only happy the first time in the evening someone orders a white russian).

Mr. Green
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 11:45    

Sunbuster wrote:
TNK / ATK project wrote:
... and Sunbuster looks a bit like Arno, a competitor of our current season of Star Academy (A mixture between Big brother and Pop Idol).

Don't know if that's good or bad...

Well, that Arno guy is well, how to say, very old fashioned, and definitely as good singer as I am (what is he doing @ the star academy ?). You can see a fansite here...

Sunbuster wrote:
And no, despite my tomato red face I have only had one drink at the point when the picture was taken Mr. Green (I'm like Conan, I get red when I'm in the sun. Getting a tan is a real slow process for me, so most of the time I don't bother.

Typically nordic Genes that are not used to the sun.

Sunbuster wrote:
Going for red helps me blend in with the 423 other random people who drink alcohol out on the streets Wink )

Ah, the nordic Boozing.
Strange that Boozing got that popular in countries where Alcohol is that expensive. Here we have lotsa drunk people too, but nothing compared to Scandinavia.

Sunbuster wrote:
Let's just say the bartender is only happy the first time in the evening someone orders a white russian).
Mr. Green

Err, here it's known too, but under another name (can't remember which one however).

Walter Vos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 13:21    

nice report inge! maybe i should something like this sometime as well. i'm just always a bit hesitant to go alone. that would mean i would actually have to approach people. would be great practice though...

lol at arno's fansite btw, can't someone photoshop that picture on the homepage into him sucking a dick? his face looks like that.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26 2005 15:31    

Walter Vos wrote:

lol at arno's fansite btw, can't someone photoshop that picture on the homepage into him sucking a dick? his face looks like that.

If you manage to get TF1 (France's 1st TV channel), you can see him every day of the week from 6 to 7 PM (until he gets kicked out of the show, something I hope will happen soon !)

And BTW lotsa Photoshoped pictures of him are already around, an d I wouldn't be surprised if someone had already done the kind of editing you suggest Smile

PyroZane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27 2005 08:19    

I was actually very sick Inge, and it lasted 3 days after you left:D I even went to the doctor for the first time in 7 years:)

TNK: I'm blond, but not that blond:D I guess the sunlight + that I had very short hair there is the reason for the overbrightness:D I have colored my hair once, but black only:)

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
pOWL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27 2005 19:00    

Very, very nice trip...

Wish i had the time for doing things like that. Smile

Inge, when you are going on another trip like this, just gimme a short message...

http://powl.madtracker.net
BeatMax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27 2005 21:27    

Nice trip and photos. It seems you enjoyed it a lot Wink

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27 2005 22:22    

Watching pictures of Inge (which I only seen in avatar before), suddenly made me feel a bit old hitting 31 in less than a month from now of...

I believe I thought you was a bit older by your avatar. And my great respect for your musical reviews kinda dropped slightly... Well, it's a age thingy, not necessary something bad. Smile

/M
Edit: I am so going regret posting this crap later! Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27 2005 23:28    

MagnarTBL wrote:
I believe I thought you was a bit older by your avatar. And my great respect for your musical reviews kinda dropped slightly... Well, it's a age thingy, not necessary something bad. Smile

Er. What on earth can the relation be between age and reviews? You mean that if I were older, my views would become less up-to-date, and therefore subject to old-fashioned judgments? Trust me: my head editor for the music mag that I write for is 35, and his knowledge of drum 'n bass, minimal house, electroclash and nu-school breakbeat still outperforms mine. That's not age, that's just interest.

MagnarTBL wrote:
Edit: I am so going regret posting this crap later! Very Happy

Definately!

*bans ip-address*

Care for a game of Monopoly?
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28 2005 07:41    

Hehe! It seems some kind soul luckily unbanned me - I guess my MT registration was worth the money in the end after all. Very Happy

Well, Inge. What can I say... I think I'll just shut up. Must be my 30-years crisis coming back on me again. I am just jealous not being able to "hit the train for some weeks and meet friends". Familylife, changing diapers, small kids screaming and tearing down the house... You get the picture? Wink

/M
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next