MadTracker.org
Forum - post your first track ever made!
 Forum
Music talk
 post your first track ever made!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
QBical

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10 2005 20:32    
post your first track ever made!

hey all!

I just found out that the modarchive had made an backup of the Altered Perception site that used to excist...

And I found one reeeeaaalllyyy old track of mine on there, it's the first one that made it on the net Smile

It was under a different handle at the time :

T.E.C.H. - Deep in my heart

It's quite ehm... trancy, most of the drums where made with rebirth...

So it might be nice to post your first tracks here, or do a search on the net for some old tracks of yours Smile

ps.
Personaly I'm still searching some tracks I've lost since TIS went down, if anyone has some .mt2's from ( T.E.C.H. , StarDrifter, R.C.M. or qbical ( my old handles)) that are realy old please PM me, or if they are realy bad just post the link here Very Happy

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10 2005 21:12    

Hum. I don't immediately have my first tracks online, since these only exist on a minidisc (dubbed from a tape!). I do have my very last xm I've ever made online. It's a classic in its own league, ofcourse.

http://inge.madtracker.org/xm/mm-inner.rar

Laughing means an IP-ban that lasts infinity and a bit longer, by the way.

Qbical: that vocal you've used is horrible! Excellent! It's so cliche!

Care for a game of Monopoly?

Last edited by Inge on Mon Oct 10 2005 22:34; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QBical

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10 2005 22:27    

hah, that filter sweep is so typical dune like Very Happy love it!

Wierd use of the F command though...
Strange how we started making trance...

please don't ban me Very Happy

Ray

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
bigandymac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 00:40    

this was an awesome idea for a topic.
i like both tracks posted so far, but its amazing how much difference madtracker 2.5 and vst's make to the sound quality.
the oldest track of mine i could find is from 2001 (my laptop and all my music was stolen late 2000, thieving bastards), called cubic (and i called myself vaultic).

http://am1.madtracker.net/VAULTIC99L.XM

i want to hear more Very Happy

cheers

andy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 01:22    

There was, recently, a 'kind of same theme' topic on one of the swedish producer forums I'm on.

There I posted some of my earliest Amiga tunes I spread, back in 1994-1995. These tunes were not my first ones; I started back in somewhere of 1988 to 1989; but those tunes are lost on disks and harddisk crashes..

Anyway, here's a pick from the earliest tunes I still have until around 1999 where I made my last serious Amiga tunes... (These babies are converted to OGG, since you need to download Deliplayer or WinUAE to play them correctly otherwise).

It's your fault (Ogg Vorbis 1.25 mb) - The first tune I spread, some kind of techno. (1994-1995)

The Walker (Ogg Vorbis 554kB) - A chip tune, which was a sarcastic cover of a famous swedish (s)hit tune called Vandraren (1995).

Teddybeat (Ogg Vorbis 776kB) - Hardcore version of a Swedish famous tune called "Teddybjörnen Fredriksson". (1995)

Jamjam (Ogg Vorbis 805kB) - Hmm.. (1995)

Igelkottaskinnet (Ogg Vorbis 719kB) - Tekkno version of a Swedish childrens song with the same name. (1995)

Gabber-Ös (Ogg Vorbis 905kB) - I tried to make some gabber aswell Very Happy... (1995-1996)

Goodie (Ogg Vorbis 813kB) - .. and some eurodance. Wink (1996)

Don't Hurt Me (Ogg Vorbis 675kB) - Chip tune made during a sorrow moment. (1996)

Reeking Rubber Intro&Menu (Ogg Vorbis 439kB) - Made for a, non released, Atari Falcon racing game. (1996-1997)

Reeking Rubber Track 01 (Ogg Vorbis 550kB) - Made for the same game as above, but a track tune. (1996-1997)

Empty Thoughts (Ogg Vorbis 608kB) - Ballad/soft song made for a musicdisk for Atari Falcon. (1998)

Disted Thoughts Wink (Ogg Vorbis 971kB) - Also made for a musicdisk for Atari Falcon, but some year later. (1999)

Democratic Intro (Ogg Vorbis 319kB) - Made for a scene demo which was never released in it's original form. (1999)

Democratic Main 2 (Ogg Vorbis 745kB) - For the same demo as above, but main part two. (1999)

.. all these tunes, plus a lot more, above are available in it's original Protracker four channel module format on my Oldschool page

https://www.dvibe.se
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 02:31    

This reminded me.. I started out on amiga, and many years later, my amiga was dead. HD still worked, and recently I sent it to a guy in France to rip out the tunes and send em to me. He has dialup, and could not upload. I sent him the HD, and a couple of days later he asked me where the disc was.

I was kinda baffled at first. He later on explained he wanted a CD from me in a separate package so he could send me the tunes (he was not willing to spend a cent on my behalf even though I gave him my entire HD...). I got fed up and thought he was just ripping me off, and wanted to forget the whole thing... But now.. damn you guys, you're making me ... I have to send that guy an email and see if he has destroyed the HD or not....

http://www.souleye.se
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 09:47    

SoulEye wrote:
This reminded me.. I started out on amiga, and many years later, my amiga was dead. HD still worked, and recently I sent it to a guy in France to rip out the tunes and send em to me. He has dialup, and could not upload. I sent him the HD, and a couple of days later he asked me where the disc was.

I was kinda baffled at first. He later on explained he wanted a CD from me in a separate package so he could send me the tunes (he was not willing to spend a cent on my behalf even though I gave him my entire HD...). I got fed up and thought he was just ripping me off, and wanted to forget the whole thing... But now.. damn you guys, you're making me ... I have to send that guy an email and see if he has destroyed the HD or not....

Why the heck didn't you send it to me? I've still got an Amiga too, you know!

/Daniel

Jimmy Åkerlund
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 11:24    

Awsome topic Very Happy But im so new in this "madtracker world"
So I have no good oldies to find Smile
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 11:48    

Hmm, My first (tracker) song , i think it was in rockmon on the commodore 64 back in the 80-ies .... i still have it , but where ??? Laughing
I have some old Noistracker mods on my amiga 2000 (ly-ing around on the attic), maybe, when i have some time i dig it up and post some of them old (not so good) trackz....

My first Madtracker tracks are still posted in this forum, they are not that old Laughing

I the mean while i'm enjoying this thread, it's intresting to hear where al the trackerz came from with their music ...

Franklin

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 12:20    
Here's a world-wide exclusive!

Okay, here is the first track I (tried to) release:

Pissoff

(I'll shot the first who laughs!)

The history of this module is a bit funny. When I got my first Internet connection, I tried to release it in the Walnut Creek CDROM (ftp.cdrom.com). But it got rejected. Crying or Very sad
Later, the demoscene-part of that archive turned into the Hornet Archive (I don't know the exact history actually). The Hornet Archive was shut down in late 1998. But recently, the owner of the Hornet Archive put it back online and I am hosting a mirror of it. Smile

Yannick
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 12:44    

A google search on "Magnar Harestad" returns too many hits for me to begin examine, but most of my old music can be found on my FTP-server. Not that I would recommend anyone to endure the terror of listen to my old crappy tunes.

ftp://ftp.harestad.info/music

On the web, I even found an old C64 tune I made with SoundMonitor by Chris Huelsbeck on the C-64 back in 1987. I guess that would be my first tracker tune ever released in a demo(!). However, it truely amazes me that someone have taken the time to convert this crap from the C-64 into a playable PC SID-file! Lolish, truely!

/M
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 13:06    
Re: Here's a world-wide exclusive!

Yannick wrote:
Okay, here is the first track I (tried to) release:

Pissoff

(I'll shot the first who laughs!)

The history of this module is a bit funny. When I got my first Internet connection, I tried to release it in the Walnut Creek CDROM (ftp.cdrom.com). But it got rejected. Crying or Very sad
Later, the demoscene-part of that archive turned into the Hornet Archive (I don't know the exact history actually). The Hornet Archive was shut down in late 1998. But recently, the owner of the Hornet Archive put it back online and I am hosting a mirror of it. Smile

Yannick

Nice l337 style in the instrument box Smile..

Hehe, this one was cool =) .. Please don't shoot me Razz

/Daniel

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 13:14    

This one is me playing guitar (with my newly aquired wahwah pedal) over a module made in S3M or IT - it was recorded in one take with a taperecorder found in a dumbster.

My brother ran a server back in 95 and he was early into streaming music, and this one was streamed out to the one or two who visited the server and also had downloaded realplayer.

One guy my brother was in contact with said that he absolutely loved this piece and that it was addictive and impossible to get enough of. He later retracted this statement.

http://martin.madtracker.net/wahwit1995.mp3

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 13:56    

MagnarTBL wrote:

I even found an old C64 tune I made with SoundMonitor by Chris Huelsbeck on the C-64 back in 1987. I guess that would be my first tracker tune ever released in a demo(!).

LOL, Lizard/MSI for the old school sceners Wink Dancing

"Piece of Cake" demo's huh ?

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12 2005 14:19    

Hehe, yea. *caught*
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next