MadTracker.org
Forum - Bug Report (MT2.3)
 Forum
Bug report
 Bug Report (MT2.3)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
When making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which do you apply first?
The peanut butter
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
The jelly
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
5 drops of tequilla
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 07:16    
Bug Report (MT2.3)

No really, this is real.
Some issues with MT2.3

-clicking on the track names mutes track 00
-playing the song with the FX window open and changing tracks within the FX window causes visual distortions on the tracking screen that don't want to go away.
-Where's the Under the Influence window?

Hope that helps!
cheers,
~Enon

*Enonimis thinks you should bow down and worship him. Why are you waiting? Do it! Do it damn it!

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 09:05    
Re: Bug Report (MT2.3)

Enonimis wrote:
No really, this is real.
Some issues with MT2.3

Know issue, if you read the topic about MT2.3 in the other room Wink

Enonimis wrote:

-playing the song with the FX window open and changing tracks within the FX window causes visual distortions on the tracking screen that don't want to go away.

hmm, weird, I tried, but can't get the screen to visually distort Confused Is it a fx heavy track you're using, or?

Enonimis wrote:

-Where's the Under the Influence window?

It got canned in the last minute. After heavy discussions the author decided he could add such an window, but that would mean he has to add a "Parental Guidance" logo to every part of MT, and the design changes necessary he just can't afford Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 12:27    
Re: Bug Report (MT2.3)

Sunbuster wrote:
Enonimis wrote:

1. Know issue, if you read the topic about MT2.3 in the other room Wink

2. hmm, weird, I tried, but can't get the screen to visually distort Confused Is it a fx heavy track you're using, or?

1. Yeah the other room, as in, not in the Bug Report section.
2. Simple track, I believe it was that "MadTracker Rewlz" crap that C-Frog shat on the forum**.
I discovered exactly what to do in order to see the distorted tracking screen. Open the FX screen while playing the song and switch tracks in that Track Effects window. Then check / uncheck the Effect Enabled checkbox until desired levels of screen distortion are achieved.

cheers,
~Enon

p.s. some new bugs!
-After naming a track, it isn't automatically updated in the main screen. The new name shows up only after muting and un-muting any track
-Go to the top menu bar, click edit, then track. What is the Maj+F4, Maj+F5, etc crap? I don't have a Maj key. I do have a Control key however....
Occurs under Block -> Fill as well.

**Note: I'm not being cruel about that, if you take it seriously you can bite me.

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Enonimis on Tue Jul 01 2003 12:34; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 12:32    

*bows down to worship enonimis*
HAIL! HAIL!! ALL HAIL ENONIMIS AND HIS BOTTLE OF TEQUILLA!!!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 12:56    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
*bows down to worship enonimis*
HAIL! HAIL!! ALL HAIL ENONIMIS AND HIS BOTTLE OF TEQUILLA!!!

Don't forget that my hella-tough thunder rod deserves some worshipping as well.

~E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 22:17    

I've got a "visual distortion" when having a window over the moving tracks of mt2, it'll "grab" piece of the window and move it upwards Very Happy, but that's nothing new in mt2.3..

https://www.dvibe.se
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 23:53    

c-frog wrote:
I've got a "visual distortion" when having a window over the moving tracks of mt2, it'll "grab" piece of the window and move it upwards Very Happy, but that's nothing new in mt2.3..

It's your videocard, actually (was it opengl or directvideo?). Try getting your latest drivers. Or better: a new gpu. Even better: try composing with your eyes closed. It's fun. If you are deaf, that is. Deaf and blind...the ideal combination for a experimental producer.

Getting the nails directly into eye & ear,
Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2003 21:43    

Inge:
Well, it's not really annoying actually, only a note that it's the only graphical distortion I've ever had.

Thanx anyway!

https://www.dvibe.se
Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2003 23:36    

I always have this distortions, when I have a window open that is always on top and then editting or playing a module.
It happens with the sample editor, instrument editor, fx, automation, all of them. It's just that MT is not redrawing the pattern window every line, and it's better it doesn't, it would eat too much CPU.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03 2003 10:57    

Big Mo wrote:
I always have this distortions, when I have a window open that is always on top and then editting or playing a module.
It happens with the sample editor, instrument editor, fx, automation, all of them. It's just that MT is not redrawing the pattern window every line, and it's better it doesn't, it would eat too much CPU.

That sounds like a direct draw/direct sound problem. Ive experienced simalar things like that before but not in MT2 and only in win9x

You could try to change the audio device from Direct sound to the regular hardware mode (thats the other one based on the same soundcard in the audio tab of MT2 (Wave device))

If you have a sblive 5.1 then a drivers update will most likely cure the problem. If your drivers are the most recent (as they have not been updated for very long) then try to find the "hacked" Audigy 2 drivers for SbLive as they work wonders Smile (you will still have all your features you have now plus some more)

Bottom line is. The problem is not Mt2. Im 99,9% sure of that
Big Mo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03 2003 13:22    

TmX wrote:
That sounds like a direct draw/direct sound problem. Ive experienced simalar things like that before but not in MT2 and only in win9x

You could try to change the audio device from Direct sound to the regular hardware mode (thats the other one based on the same soundcard in the audio tab of MT2 (Wave device))

I've been expirimenting with audio devices before, but the DirectSound is really the best. With the wave device, I get crackling sounds, high latency and my rear speakers and subwoofer don't work anymore.

TmX wrote:
If you have a sblive 5.1 then a drivers update will most likely cure the problem. If your drivers are the most recent (as they have not been updated for very long) then try to find the "hacked" Audigy 2 drivers for SbLive as they work wonders Smile (you will still have all your features you have now plus some more)

I have a SB Audigy Platinum, with the latest drivers installed, I'm completely sure of that. But on another computer with another sound card (onboard) I also get the drawing problems, whether I'm using Wave or Directsound device.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04 2003 08:51    

Big mo>> I have a Audigy 2. I use the Wave device as I think it gives me best performance with small buffers. Ive never experienced crackeling sound under NT envarioment. So If you are using win9x you might want to checkout win2k or XP.
(Actually for me its no big difference between wave and Direct sound device)

But still when I was using my old sblive 4.1 I had no problems. So if my previous suggestions dosent help then I dont know Sad

You could give the KX project drivers a try. They work with audigy.

Dunno how to solve the redrawing problem - if even possible. When ever I play a song and a window is ontop it redraws a bit weird. But that is just a cosmetical problem. It will be gone if you minimize and then restore MT2.
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 04:08    

Inge wrote:
c-frog wrote:

It's your videocard, actually (was it opengl or directvideo?). Try getting your latest drivers. Or better: a new gpu. Even better: try composing with your eyes closed. It's fun. If you are deaf, that is. Deaf and blind...the ideal combination for a experimental producer.

Getting the nails directly into eye & ear,
Inge

I have a NVidia GForce 4 Ti 4600
is that too ancient for MadTracker use?

~E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 18:28    

Yannick strongly urges you to use ATI build or ATI based cards only. I think he implemented some Nvidia core bugs for that purpose Very Happy

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 22:42    

Inge wrote:
Yannick strongly urges you to use ATI build or ATI based cards only. I think he implemented some Nvidia core bugs for that purpose Very Happy

Inge

Ahh... naturaly.

~E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next