Forum
Announcements
 The Conquest Of Scandinavia
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
spline
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28 2005 22:59    

Hey Inge thats was some excellent writing and really superb reading.

I´m sorry to hear that you found Stockholm to be unattractive. I really would have loved to guide you but unfortunatly for you I was away on vacation during the time for your stay here.

Othervise I would have showed you why Stockholm often is refered to as one of the most beatiful cities in the world, real mooses (at skansen in Stockholm) and learnt you all the right things to say to the swedish ladies Smile

How come alcohol is so expensive here?

Basically the high price is because we drink so much.

Well it started when we were vikings and the beer was free so we all got addicted.
In the modern age the government tried to stop people from drinking to much by raising the price of the alcohol.
But because we have been drinking since ages, its in our genes and the price just would not stop us. So they raised the price even more, and now we are here and the price still can't keep us from drinking...However it does pay for the damage drinking does to our health.
Hmm we drink so much that we acctually get conservated and therefore have one of the highest life expectansies in the world.

Now I´ll just have a break and get something to drink...

Right back.

Btw Finish and Russion people do drink more than us, but norvegitarians I mean norvegians can't stand alcohol...
View user's journal Send private message
PyroZane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2005 00:39    

I'm Norwegian, and I drink alot:) Don't know where you get your information from?Very Happy

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2005 04:53    

Well, I am also originally norwegian, tho I live now in south of Sweden. And the homely culture with "snaps" to food is much stronger in Sweden than Norway.

All in all, I must admit that swedes drink a lot more privately in their homes (and even more regulary) than we norwegian does. Norwegians seldom drink vodka in a weekend if they are not at somekind of a party. Swedes does... Especially down in south of Sweden where there are big buses travelling back'n'forth to Germany to buy even cheaper alcohol in the supermarkets. I mean, our neighbour takes trips monthly/quarterly and buys about 50liter wine, some 30liter beer, some 20-30liter cognac/whiskey/vodka. And this goes on and on and on...

I mean, I partied every saturday in my youth with about 5 liter beer and 3-4 drinks out on town. Still, this was only 20liter beer a month and not even close to 1liter vodka.
Access to cheap alchohol just is so much simpler in south of Sweden compare to (at least) south of Norway.

But... When a norwegian first starts to drink, there is few that can cope up with the drinking! Smile

/M
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PyroZane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2005 11:10    

True:D

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29 2005 11:29    

With all those Alcoholic discussion around, I wonder if I shouldn't ask my friends who burn Schnaps (Alsacian / German alcohol) to do a special "Madtracker limited edition" of their Schnaps !

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
Atlantis
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30 2005 16:53    

Very entertaining read, Inge. I've always wanted to visit Scandinavia too, but it's near impossible now coming all the way from New Zealand. Perhaps one day though...

Anyhow, thanks for sharing the adventure. Smile

Atlantis [Atlantean Records]

multiband professor/eq professor/Nur-Ab-Sal
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30 2005 18:32    

Atlantis wrote:

Anyhow, thanks for sharing the adventure. Smile

Visit the south of the Southern Island of New Zealand, it looks pretty much the same.

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
Atlantis
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30 2005 23:05    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
Visit the south of the Southern Island of New Zealand, it looks pretty much the same.

Oh, I'm sure it wouldn't quite feel the same. Look, maybe, but everything else there is to it, no. It probably does come close though, and the South Island is yet another place I'd like to visit some day.

Atlantis [Atlantean Records]

multiband professor/eq professor/Nur-Ab-Sal
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02 2005 13:43    

Hehe.. I wanna go visit New Zealand!

Maybe Inge can sponsor me if I write an article about it afterwards? Wink
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02 2005 14:21    

MagnarTBL wrote:
Maybe Inge can sponsor me if I write an article about it afterwards? Wink

Yeah, sure. I sponsor you with one pencil and a piece of paper. Good luck down under!

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02 2005 15:58    

Well, to tell the truth, I have long been wanting to visit my nephew that lives at Surfers Paradize, Gold Coast, Australia. I really hope to be able to fulfill that wish before he ends his studies, which I believe is next year.

If I am able to travel, I will surely take that paper+pencil from Inge with me and make an exclusive report of the crazy madtracker "surfers" living ->down under!
Ecthelion
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29 2005 19:44    

So you actually came through with the plan, eh Inge? Terribly sorry I couldn't meet up with you, maybe next time Razz

What I noticed however was that you didn't write a thing about Lund, the precious city of my ancestors (or something equally dramatic), was it a bit disappointing?

Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29 2005 19:50    

Ecthelion wrote:
What I noticed however was that you didn't write a thing about Lund, the precious city of my ancestors (or something equally dramatic), was it a bit disappointing?

No no! Lund was astonishing! Nevertheless, in the story on mt.org I limited my stories to the meetings with MT-users. Learn to read Dutch, and you can read the full 50-page journal which includes my stories about Lund.

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2