MadTracker.org
Forum - WAVE EXPORT FUNCTION INOP (REGISTER USER)
 Forum
Help and support
 WAVE EXPORT FUNCTION INOP (REGISTER USER)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
KJ
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08 2003 04:55    
WAVE EXPORT FUNCTION INOP (REGISTER USER)

Greetings,

I am a registered MT Pro user however, after attempting to download/install the current revision (2.3), my profile, wave export functions were inoperatable. I managed to get my profile reinstalled within the program, but no luck with the wave export function. No, I'm not some lamer who's trying to pull a scam, because I did like many others, paid my hard-earned dollars to purchase this awesome software. I'm honestly asking for some help and would greatly appreciate it if someone would do so without assuming anything other than that. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Confused KJ

"Always Choose Your Words Carefully!"
View user's journal Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08 2003 06:26    

KJ,

you will more than likely need to download the dat file and wave export from the website. MT 2.3 doesn't use 2.2's dat file and wave export. you can get the new files off the site by going to the "registered users" section here and signing in.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08 2003 08:30    

But before you do that,

Send a Private message to Yannick to get him to actually ADD you to the Registered Users Group, as I have noticed under your name on your post it just says USER, not "Registered User".

Once he adds you then you can log in on the registered users page (see the menu) and get your Reg file for 2.2 and 2.3.

pjo2000

http://www.projectoverkill.com
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08 2003 16:47    

Pjo, don't confuse him.. Wink The Registered Users group is just a cosmetic feature only for the forum. The Registered Users page is not dependant of this forum.

All you need is the activation e-mail I sent to every registered users (check your e-mail and notify me if you changed it).

But I'm in holidays at the moment, so don't expect a quick reply. Razz

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
KJ
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09 2003 00:53    
WAVE EXPORT FUNCTION INOP (REGISTERED USER)

First, thanks to all who responded so promply. Yannick, I'm not sure if I received the activation email however, if you check your records, it will verify that I am a registered user. I openly admit that I may not be to knowledgeable when it comes to updating/revising MT, so please be patient with me and if neccessary, explain it to me in "potato head" language (laugh). Thanks in advance.

Confused KJ

View user's journal Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KJ
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09 2003 01:06    
WAVE EXPORT FUNCTION INOP (REGISTERED USER) 2a

Yannick,

I stand corrected, I did receive the activation email however, I did get a "The activation link is invalid!" message even after I attempted to copy, paste and submit the activation code in the box. . . please help!

Respectfully,

Confused KJ

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09 2003 20:38    

As a summary:
the url link to the page where you are supposed to enter your username and password works, but your username and password aren't accepted?

If that is the case, indeed contact Yannick. Probably a hickup in the system. Since he is on holidays though, this might take some days/weeks. In the mean time (if wave export is vital to you), downgrade to mt2.2 and use the wave export there (since you got the wave.mtx and .dat for that version).

If first alinea is not the case, please post what your problem is more precisely.

Kind regards,
Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
KJ
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 13:11    
WAVE EXPORT INOP

Thanks for the recommendation however, the weve export is vital to me, but if I must "downgrade" to MT2 to utilize it, then so be it. I was looking forward to utilizing it within the new version. If you can offer any further assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Crying or Very sad KJ

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 18:33    
Re: WAVE EXPORT INOP

KJ wrote:
If you can offer any further assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Trust me...if I knew any way, I would help you. It's just that the data that was sent to you seems to be invalid, probably caused by some wicked flaw in Yannick's automated system. The only thing you can do is temporarily downgrade to mt2.2, and upgrade to 2.3 once Yannick has sent you new login data.

Inge (not giving his own data Wink)

decat24
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2003 23:34    

Hi all,

I am having the same problem. I would like to know where do I send my reply to Yanick, so he can renew my registration with version 2.3.

Sincerely

Someone whose look over this website and still haven't found out where to post to Yanick on how to fix this, but may have looked or it.LOL
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11 2003 01:31    

decat24: you have the same problem? Does the url link bring you to a page where you must enter your password and username, and are the username and password incorrect? In that case you need to contact Yannick (info@madtracker.org), but since he is at his holiday at the moment, this will take some time.

Two possibilities: either you wait with wave export untill Yannick replied to you, or you downgrade to mt2.2 untill yannick contacts you.

Kind regards,
Inge

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11 2003 08:48    

I have a better suggestion. Since you're a registered user, why not do as the e-mail you recieved from Yannick (titled: "New MadTracker registration system") suggested and send your help-request to the e-mail address that was given to you in that e-mail. You know, the address that will be handled with higher priority Wink

still might take a while before you get a reply, so in the mean time if wave export is essential, do as Inge suggested
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour