MadTracker.org
Forum - Integrated Wave Editor in MT....
 Forum
Suggestions
 Integrated Wave Editor in MT....
Reply to topic Post new topic  
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Sun May 28 2006 20:01    
Integrated Wave Editor in MT....

....is a cool thing.

I actually have everything I need there (Normalize, Cut, Copy, Paste, Zoom etc).

I miss only one thing.
When I mark a part in a sample which I wanna cut, copy or whatever I canīt play it.

What I mean is, when I mark a part of the sample I would like to have a function that plays the marked part only and not the whole sample.

Is that possible? And did you all get what I mean?

Wink

chief...

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MagnarTBL

PostPosted: Sun May 28 2006 22:28    

Even tho there is a great number of 3th part Wave Editors, for example Sony Soundforge, I still believe an improvement on the MT2 integrated wave editor would be nice for the next MT release.

A really miss a good editor for realtime VST plugin support, which I can realtime record in a "dry" signal and record it "dry", but I hear the "output" with all the VST effects I preset chained for the record. Like: 1. compress, 2. eq, 3. delay, 4. reverb, 5. eq ...

To get the dry record of this and same time hear the output of all these chained VST in the headset as you play the guitar or sing in a vocal would be truely appresiated.

I've tried to do this with Cakewalk, but I usually find a big latency between the recording and the output... So when I play the guitar I dont hear what I played before like 2seconds afterwards in the headset... and this is just bugging my mind.

That is why I tend to use hardware EQ+Compressors and also hardware effects boxes for stuff like delay and distortions etc on my recordings. Surely, I think all that is quite bad, because then I cannot manipulate the "end-result" of the sample in madtracker later on if I find the effect settings wrong for my song... As it is a raw sample with effects included from the begining of.

Maybe others have had better success in recording live VST's in third party Wave Editors/Sequencers, but I strongly believe that the MT2 VST-engine would be cutting-edge/best performance ever for such "live" recordings.

Ain't I right, Yannick? Smile

/M
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon May 29 2006 13:28    

->MagnarTBL: Have you tried the Kristal audio engine? Not sure if it does exactly what you want, but it might be worth a shot. Plus it's free, so you've got nothing to loose Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour