MadTracker.org
Forum - MadTracker Compo 2005 results online!
 Forum
Announcements
 MadTracker Compo 2005 results online!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 14:47    

If you want to make an external link, please use that page:

http://www.madtracker.org/compo/index.php?compo=big4&results

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
XnmE

PostPosted: Tue May 30 2006 17:39    

I've downloaded all entries and i will try to show my own top ten soon. Smile

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 13:21    

Ahh - 60 listeners sounds better... Maybe the 53 authors was hidden on the on-line stat?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy
---
XnmE wrote:
Quote:
i will try to show my own top ten soon

Good, funny idea. So, I never did understand that why a "Trophy of the Audience" is not exist? (I hope I did translated well...). OK, there are (maybe) technical problems with authentication but making an average of personal top-tens would be interesting - isn't Question Rolling Eyes Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message
XnmE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 14:50    

fox wrote:
but making an average of personal top-tens would be interesting - isn't Question Rolling Eyes Very Happy

i think so Smile
im working on own list Smile

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 16:03    

fox wrote:
Ahh - 60 listeners sounds better... Maybe the 53 authors was hidden on the on-line stat?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy
---
XnmE wrote:
Quote:
i will try to show my own top ten soon

Good, funny idea. So, I never did understand that why a "Trophy of the Audience" is not exist? (I hope I did translated well...). OK, there are (maybe) technical problems with authentication but making an average of personal top-tens would be interesting - isn't Question Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Everyone is of course free to do their own top ten list, definetly would be interesting to see them. And if you go through the entries of topics and rate them then eventually we'll have a public top ten. Shouldn't be too hard to pull out the ratings for the individual tracks and combine them to a list, so perhaps Yannick can be persuaded to make such a list when he has some spare time and if there's enough interest.
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 16:16    

Maybe a survey form? Yannick?

Care for a game of Monopoly?
fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 18:32    

"Personal top-ten"

I think it would be absolutely perfect (truth is that is a must in my eyes) if voters would not be forced to fill-in ALL the 10 positions in their list (personally I _can't_ distinguish between certain kind of musics: I love 3-4 out of a compo entries and the others are not for me, I don't want to make an effect on their order)

As Jannick is a professional programmmer, let he to do the dirty job! Very Happy (somewhat weighting system maybe would be neccessary(?))

Each voter's list must to be publicly displayable, _of_course_! This would make project more spicy and it is a base of it...

I think it is not a hard work for any user to fill-in a favorites-list - isn't? I think there would be many voters. Official judges made _MUCH_ more work to review each entry by numerous viewpoints.

If official compo do judges on entries itself (by predefined 6 parameters) then "Top-Ten-Trophy" would judges the audience: what the mass likes, regardless of any restriction - to say: it is FREEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy
XnmE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 19:07    

secret vote could be nice anyway.
Of course ppl cant vote for own song Smile

but i would prefer voting for more than 3-4 songs, coz
it could cause top 3 staying unchanged Smile

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01 2006 20:08    

People, people, I'm thinking you want to make this unnecessarily complicated. Think about it:

1. All entries have their own topic in the "2005 feedback" room
2. In such a topic there is a public system for rating the song on a scale from 1-5 (bad-great).
3. Thus, all that is needed in order to make a basic "listeners choice" listing is that people use this system to rate the tracks and that Yannick makes a PHP-script that pulls this information from the database, compares the ratings and somehow creates an average based on # of votes etc. and then presents this in a list (since there aren't that many entries it could probably include all entries, not just the top 10).

So, no need to make it complicated by using some form based system where you enter your top10, not in order to create a listeners choice ranking at least. If you want to post your personal top 10 (or any other nr) then this can easily be done in a topic in the compo forum for instance. If you want to make it fancy then use the list tag to create your list Wink So, why would there need to be a form-based system for this?
ahegner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08 2006 20:01    

Hi!

It's probably a bit off-topic by now, but anyway me and my friend Bernd (guitars) would like to thank all organizers and judges for this great compo. The webcast was really awesome and your reviews worth gold to us.

Congratulations to the winners!

Greetings,
Alex&Bernd
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2