MadTracker.org
Forum - 16. PyroZane - The Purpose
 Forum
2005 Feedback
 16. PyroZane - The Purpose
Reply to topic Post new topic  
How do you rate this entry? Please post your comments after having voted!
Excellent!
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Good
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Can do better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

PyroZane

PostPosted: Mon May 29 2006 09:55    
16. PyroZane - The Purpose

Title: PyroZane - The Purpose
Score: 72.2

Download
Ogg Version
Reviews

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
PyroZane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03 2006 14:00    

First I want to thank all 5 who gave a review on my entry (I got even more reviews on my song than most other entries in this compo!)Very Happy

Inge:
I will take that under consideration, but I had a feeling that a straight forward dance tune wound not score high in this compo, but I might have been wrong:)

Qbical:
all of the 30 vsts had their funktion, and most of the time used on this track was to listen and configurate the vsts as I wanted them (more like 75% of the work). The reason you might not hear them so well is because I wanted the song to sound sharp and not too much reverb (which is easier to hear).

Sunbuster:
I love Kai Tracid, and I found freeware voice of them, thats why its sounds like them also, basicly because I had no vocalist at that time and some voice always make a better impression in my opinion:) Btw, I guess I have destroyed my ears, so volumes, mastering etc, is not my thing for sure, but I'll try my best anyway.

TNK: I can see you like my style, and thanks for an awesome and long review:)Sure I want songwriteing contracts, but I still think I'm not getting any? Even if I have not tried yet Smile

Bigandymac: I know I have to work on precutions and beats, but I have figure out how to get it right first. Any tips are welcome:)

Summary: Great to have 5 detailed reviews which gives me a nice overall view of what I have to work on in the future!
Great work on the compo, and see you again next year!

Public comments are also welcome (good and bad) Smile

Thanks again,
PyroZane

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ravana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03 2006 14:58    

The talk about 30 VSTs got me kind of interested in downloading the MT2-file also, but I'm now just writing based on the OGG.

"The purpose" in the beginning is nice, but later on the vocals don't appeal to me at all actually. At 0:29 and at 3:13 they seem WAY out of place to mee. Somehow. I guess some theory would come in handy now to explain it. Hmm...

We start with some quite nice drumming to my ear, the snare I like. The little fills at the left I don't like so much. The beat generally is nice, there's something going on. Something also goes on with the melodic instruments as well. Quite a lot, actually.

At times it strikes me as a quite chaotic piece (yeah, I'm the only one who's allowed to make chaotic pieces), but I like it. The traditional melodies and... Such... You know..

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/thejollynekromanseri.51046.php

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/bewaretheconstruct.62202.php

MT source files available if requested (maybe)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour