Forum - webbased madtracker
 Forum
Website
 webbased madtracker
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed May 17 2006 20:44    

About installing MT on a USB stick, that was a serious question. Could it work? Probably not, since MT throws things into the registry, right? Would be neat though, wouldn't it?

I agree that this kind of thing probably won't be worth the time, at least not for Yannick. But I find toying around with the idea appealing Smile It could be an interesting side project in the community, just to see if one could actually get it to work.

Also totally agree that the customer service is top notch, but I don't see how it was relevant to the discussion? Or was it just something you had to get off your chest? Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Wed May 17 2006 21:00    

Sunbuster wrote:
About installing MT on a USB stick, that was a serious question. Could it work? Probably not, since MT throws things into the registry, right? Would be neat though, wouldn't it?

I agree that this kind of thing probably won't be worth the time, at least not for Yannick. But I find toying around with the idea appealing Smile It could be an interesting side project in the community, just to see if one could actually get it to work.

Also totally agree that the customer service is top notch, but I don't see how it was relevant to the discussion? Or was it just something you had to get off your chest? Smile

doesn't work on an USB stick Sad too bad

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 17 2006 21:15    

MC Project wrote:

All I wanna say is, Yannick is doing MT3 all by his own, and for now, it is ALL I am looking for. Let's not interrupt till it is fnished, and let's stop asking all kind of things, so he can focus on this

It isn't my intention to sound extreme or something...

Oh, come on - sharing ideas and discussing them dosent hurt anyone, and I`m pretty sure Yannick is perfectly capable of prioritizing his own time.

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
MC Project

PostPosted: Wed May 17 2006 21:20    

Well, people tend to ask this sort of ideas. Indeed, I needed to get it off my chest, but it annoys me also, cause all these little projects keep delaying MT3, while I am REALLY REALLY waiting for it to come. I am sure more people will agree with me, but enough about this subject. It's not THAT relevant...

USB sticks... I would at least try an USB stick that supports USB2. Just a speculation...

USB sticks are formatted to FAT32 of NTSC (or something like that) Which MIGHT mean you can install Windows on it. If this works, I am almost sure installing MT2 will work....

There are more things that could work disturbing is the speed. Even if it is USB 2, it is still slow (correct me if I am wrong)

Another thing I was thinking about, is the hardware, but on the other hand, an USB stick works like a normal Windows folder...

Well, I have no clue, but if someone could figure it out Surprised

You gotta have a good USB stick of course...

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
MC Project

PostPosted: Wed May 17 2006 21:23    

Martin wrote:
MC Project wrote:

All I wanna say is, Yannick is doing MT3 all by his own, and for now, it is ALL I am looking for. Let's not interrupt till it is fnished, and let's stop asking all kind of things, so he can focus on this

It isn't my intention to sound extreme or something...

Oh, come on - sharing ideas and discussing them dosent hurt anyone, and I`m pretty sure Yannick is perfectly capable of prioritizing his own time.

Actually, his spare time for MT3 is minimal. I am only saying, let him finish MT3 first, after that is done, we can suggest more ideas (that do not concern MT3 itself)

And Yannick gives us >the community< what we want. If we want this project first, this project will go first...

At least, that is what I believe. Last time we had the chance to choose if we wanted Yannick to continue on MT3, or more features for MT2 (or bugfixes it was, don't remember exactly)

Sure......I am the MCP....Or just MC...Uhmmm...I make battle music...There....That is more then enough...
Martin

PostPosted: Thu May 18 2006 08:58    

I do agree, that a webbased tracker is not as important as mt3 - but I disagree with you if you mean that we should stop exploring ideas until mt3 is finished. As far as I know MT3 could still be a long time coming.

I found the contributions that were made to this thread very valuable. And just by putting a rather whimsical idea on the forum - something usefull got out of it.

As I said Im pretty sure that allthough Yannick is good at listning to the community - he knows what ideas to follow up and what to put on hold. I believe that this online brainstorming is a good idea - and if an idea should come along and delay MT3, then that would have to be a very good idea and therefore worth the delay.

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu May 18 2006 09:33    

VST, ASIO and Rewire support delayed MT3 till a large extend, and this choice was grounded by the multiple forum request. I think it was worth it, so yes: good ideas are always welcome.

For now, Yannick is mainly busy with MT3 (or atleast he should be - ed).

Care for a game of Monopoly?
MC Project

PostPosted: Thu May 18 2006 10:00    

As I said before (I think). If it is an idea or suggestion for MT3 (The software itself) it is fine by me...

But I am not the whole community, I know. It's just my opinion. Just trying to be understood

Smile

Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu May 18 2006 12:26    

Was I the only one who didn't take this suggestion that seriously? I've suggested the same thing a couple of times before in the last few years, but only as a joke. We're probably lucky that Yannick hasn't gone through everyone of our crazy ideas. I'm still waiting for the Macintosh MT though Whistle

www.sonitusmusic.com
www.myspace.com/sonitusswe
www.vibraonline.com
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu May 18 2006 15:40    

I didn't take it that seriously either, but it's fun to discuss the "what-if"'s of ideas imo, even if they might not be taken that seriously Smile Besides, sometimes some really good ideas evolve from these kinds of discussions Wink
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17 2006 09:58    
multible user editing

One of the latest releases of Impulse tracker (may have been for registered users only) contained - if I understood correctly - files to collaborate on a module/song at the same time over the net. I think this was a great idea.

It would be easier for people to work together on songs and to try out different ideas at a much faster pace than if you would have to save and send the file back and forth. It would allow for much more spontanity in the music. Also it would be much easier to get and to give help, and explain different techniques.

Maybe this could work in much the same way that midi works, that only the notes were being transmitted over the net, with all samples and VSTs stored locally for each user.

Just thinking out loud here Razz Rolling Eyes Wink

G3ronimo
Hot & Sexeh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17 2006 11:23    

Inge wrote:
VST, ASIO and Rewire support delayed MT3 till a large extend, and this choice was grounded by the multiple forum request. I think it was worth it, so yes: good ideas are always welcome.

worth it indeed ^^

www.soundsector.net
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2