Forum - "modified on" before "creation on" date
 Forum
Bug report
 "modified on" before "creation on" date
Reply to topic Post new topic  
LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12 2006 08:02    
"modified on" before "creation on" date

When I download some Compo entries, the Parameters/General infobox shows me a creation date which is just the instant when I loaded the song into Madtracker for the first time. The date stays the same when I later load it again. The modified date is older than this and matches the timestamp of the file.

Apparently, something is wrong here. How could it be modified when it didn't even existed according to the creation date? Isn't the creation date supposed to go at least as far back as the modified date?
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12 2006 12:30    

I can recreate this, but I don't think this is a MadTracker specific problem. Try right-clicking the file in windows explorer and checking the properties. It will probably show a date created which is later than the date modified param. The date created is the timestamp of when the file was created on your machine. Date modified is the time something actually changed inside the file. So, yes, there's something weird going on, (which might have a perfectly logical explanation in a geeky sort of way) but it's not MT that's bugging. MT seems to read the same metadata windows explorer reads.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour