Suggestions
 Suggestion box
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 14:13    
Suggestion box

It has been requested many times, so here it is...
This is the list of what have been suggested for MT3. It's not exhaustive yet, so reply to this topic with suggestions, and I'll update the list from time to time.
I do not guarantee that everything will be featured in MT3. This list is just an indication of what has been suggested to prevent repetitions.

Interface

• FastTracker & Impulse Tracker shortcuts
  • FastTracker & Impulse Tracker layouts
  • Skinnable

Engine

• Multiple sequencer layers
  • VST support
  • ASIO support
  • DXi support

(I'm too lazy to get everything from my todo list. Razz)
Can think of something else? Just reply to this topic.

Last edited by Yannick on Fri Jun 17 2005 08:27; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Martin

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 15:01    
Stereo/panning in the automation box...

I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to control the panning of a channel from the automation box.

It would be much easier to get the shifting from left to right (or vice versa) the way you want it when using sweeps and fx....

Smile
Martin
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 15:32    
Re: Stereo/panning in the automation box...

Martin wrote:
I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to control the panning of a channel from the automation box.

It would be much easier to get the shifting from left to right (or vice versa) the way you want it when using sweeps and fx....

Smile
Martin

Indeed! Would even be nice to see such thing on a future MT2-update!

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 15:37    
better sample Offsets

i have said it before and i'll say it again.

Picture this:

you've done some vocals, slightly out of time as per usual. so, you track the note where it would normally start, double click the note, up pops the sample editor, mark the position you want it to start from, right click, then select "Start note from here"

saves mucking about with 90 FFxx's all day Smile

http://www.projectoverkill.com
XnmE

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 17:42    

- MTI/XI preview
- inproved cleanup function (removing unused samples from used multisampled instruments)
- panning slide in mixer
- own eqalizer
- inproved sample editor (added amplify, play range)
- integrated browser (i mean something like in Modplug, now browser is vanishing when you click somewhere)

PS
shit, List or List= doesnt work for me Evil or Very Mad

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 17:56    

XnmE wrote:
- MTI/XI preview
- inproved cleanup function (removing unused samples from used multisampled instruments)
- panning slide in mixer
- own eqalizer
- inproved sample editor (added amplify, play range)
- integrated browser (i mean something like in Modplug, now browser is vanishing when you click somewhere)

PS
shit, List or List= doesnt work for me Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, It would be very nice if it would draw a sine between every dot in the sample editor. Maybe something to update to MT2.3 ? Also a better zoom-function would be appropiate, in both axis.

In MT3 it would be nice if it were possible to choose an external sample editor which will load the chosen sample into it, and when the sample is saved in the editor it'll automaticly update the sample in Madtracker!

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
QBical

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 20:37    
Re: better sample Offsets

Pjo2000 wrote:
i have said it before and i'll say it again.

Picture this:

you've done some vocals, slightly out of time as per usual. so, you track the note where it would normally start, double click the note, up pops the sample editor, mark the position you want it to start from, right click, then select "Start note from here"

saves mucking about with 90 FFxx's all day Smile

Wow, never thought of that! That realy would be amazing!
Yannick, make it so!!!

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 22:30    

If filters are integrated, make them *much* better than the ones used now. (or will all fx be removed due to vst-support?)

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 01:35    
Effects/FIlters

Well, At the very least.. include versions of the current MT effects as standard modules/extensions that come with MT3. Just incase for some reason, someone somewhere doesnt have access to VST effects, they can still use YE's (yannick Effects) heheh Smile

CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 02:28    
Harmoniser

Ok ok ok... I thought of this a couple of days ago...
Now, say you've decided to add vocals, but you want to digitally enhance the notes. You don't have the necessary hardware or software to do so, so you're stuck.

This is where the Harmoniser comes in! Choose a source track with the desired melody, then sequence the vocal track and TADA! Track alters the vocal notes to digitally represent the melody!! Daft punk uses this, except with a guitar. Madonna also uses this technique. It's used frequently in her recent songs "Die Another Day" and "American Life".

How about it??? It beats using shitty MSText-to-speech voices (But amiga voices... They will always benifit)
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 04:18    
ahh lollie.. what are we gonna do with you

Those tracks of which you speak all use:

"antares AUTO-TUNE" DX plugin or hardware module.

Responisble for Cher, Eifel 65, Daft punk, Truesteppers, every crappy pop song you hear, and yes madonna.

It was once a plug-in used to hide the imperfection in ones singing voice by stepping the pitch up and down non destructively to fit the tune..

However in recent times, people have been sticking the pitch tracking on slow and and shifting on Relxed mode, so when it realises that it should be correcting the pitch there is a delay and then it suddenly goes there sharpley.. now if its an intricate pitched voc IE AHHEEEAHHEEAHHYEAHHOOOOEEE (hehehe) then its gonna give the autotuner a hard time on such relaxed settings.. and thats basically where the voice warbeling effect comes from. Then there is settings for vibrato and it also includes every known musical scale, so it can snap your voice to one of those.. Interesting effects can be achieved.. but really...

the effect is very played-out these days.. its what we will remember in 20 years when someone says remember "Year 2000 music".

Plus anyway lollie, whats the point of coding effects into MT3, its a modular program.. thats why my suggestion.. said include some generic standard effects.. such as the ones in MT2.. but as modules or EXTENSIONS.. seperate files.. that can either be installed or NOT. when you hard code stuff.. you limit the software.

So no. no autotunes or harmonisers or vocoders (which are all seperate things lollie Wink (look them up) heres a hint GOOGLE) we will save that for the VST plugins Smile

Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 04:29    
Vocoder

Also, if you are looking to play your voice layed out across a keyboard.. or to some chords (much like AIR often does) thats a "vocoder", it basically takes an input sound, and modulates it with a synth sound according to which keys are being pressed. A very good vocoder is DX- FUSION VOCODER or VST - ORANGE VOCODER.

MT3 supports VST, so you'll just be able to load the effect and use it Wink

Big Mo

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 12:24    
Effects

There are some effects I'm missing in MT2:
- Chorus
- Parametric EQ
- Compressor (I'm now using distortion, but that doesn't always give the effect I want, especially not for low frequencies)
In MT3 vsti's could be used for this, but these fx are something to consider for MT2.3 maybe?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
XnmE

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 15:43    

- and give us MORE place in comments box! You can do this for mt2.3 i think... I make tracks with vocals, but i can't insert the lirycs ;( coz a place is limited ;(

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
!PROTON!
User

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 15:53    
Great idea

I think the idea to control autotune and vocoder from a track is realy great, it will save alot of time, and increses inspiration value of the effects..

and if there's ever gonna be a 2.3 then i have to agree, it's missing a paraEQ and compre. Madtracker2 is quite a powerful tool, so the idea of mt3 is a bit hmmm don't want to offend, but i think that yannick should work on mt2, instead of using years on a totally new project, especially when MT2 is so great as it is (but it can be better Smile. and becourse of the fact that yann is only one man, which really have effected the time of release on mt3. Thats my opinion Smile if you should ask..

In the start, we played music with our heart. never forget to "play" with the music.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 22 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next