Help and support
 VSTi won't work...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
tamofillus
User

PostPosted: Wed May 02 2007 10:00    
VSTi won't work...

Hi.

I have a problem with the VST Instruments in MadTracker. They don't seem to work. Effects are fine though. I might have missed some stuff out but I searched through the help and the online VST tutorial, but still got no answer. This is what I did:

1. I loaded the VST (DSK Brass).
2. Then I double-clicked on it, the interface popped up, and there is a mini keyboard that worked fine.
3. I set it as Track 0.
4. Then I did not know how to use the VST in my module, and the online tutorial said:

Try to enter the notes of a VST instrument in in the same track as to which it is assigned. The only way to 'solo' a VST instrument is to solo the track it is assigned to, which will result in total silence if the notes aren't entered in that track.

5. I entered some notes, no sound.
6. And then I tried loading it into an instrument (Synthesizer tab), it worked but the NNA won't work, though written in the Tutorial. Furthermore, I tried using Drumatic and Daichi VSTs in this way, but got no sound.

My questions here:
To use VST Instruments, is loading them into Instruments at the Synthesizer Tab the only way?
If so, how do I use VST NNA? Because I tried the Instruments NNA from the general tab and those didn't work.

I am new to Madtracker 2.6
View user's journal Send private message
Psalm 97

PostPosted: Sat May 05 2007 02:12    

My suggestion.......... get online on the chat function provided. Your question is something we could better help with in realtime.

For now, for a forum: You have to enter notes in the track first. Once you enter the notes, when you play it back it should play the notes you entered.

Only what is done for Christ will last.
Devilock79
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02 2007 16:55    

Doh! I'm having the same problem! OK, here's what I'm doing step by step. Btw, I'm using Drumatic3. So, I click the VST icon, then double-click the window. I select Drumatic 3.dll, and it comes up in the window. I double click to bring on the interface, select the kit and instrument, and set it to play in track 0. I enter a few notes, but don't get any sound as I would with a sample. No sound during playback either. I'm sure I've missed something very simple, but I'm new to tracking.
oldbrian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02 2007 18:03    

Devilock79 wrote:
Doh! I'm having the same problem! OK, here's what I'm doing step by step. Btw, I'm using Drumatic3. So, I click the VST icon, then double-click the window. I select Drumatic 3.dll, and it comes up in the window. I double click to bring on the interface, select the kit and instrument, and set it to play in track 0. I enter a few notes, but don't get any sound as I would with a sample. No sound during playback either. I'm sure I've missed something very simple, but I'm new to tracking.

switch to lower octaves (by pressing f3, f2, etc), drumatic assigns samples only to a few notes starting from c-2 or so Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
oldbrian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02 2007 18:08    
Re: VSTi won't work...

tamofillus wrote:
To use VST Instruments, is loading them into Instruments at the Synthesizer Tab the only way?

yes, but keep in mind that the VSTis will always be assigned to a single channel - into which you've put it - not to the ones in which the instrument to which the VSTi is assigned to is playing.

tamofillus wrote:
If so, how do I use VST NNA? Because I tried the Instruments NNA from the general tab and those didn't work.

you can't use MT instrument NNA-s, instead you use the things the VSTi developers have provided, usually something following the philosophy of ADSR or ADHSR (you can set in millisecond the duration of the sound's attack, decay, hold, sustain and release, essentially vstis will work like MT instruments that have full volume envelope (with loop and sustain) and set to note-off NNA)

EDIT: hopefully you've already sorted out this issue on the chat Smile
Devilock79
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2007 01:46    

oldbrian wrote:
Devilock79 wrote:

switch to lower octaves (by pressing f3, f2, etc), drumatic assigns samples only to a few notes starting from c-2 or so Wink

Hmmm...I've tried all the lower octaves and all the notes on the keyboard. All I get is a tom when hitting C3 (Z). Confused I'm gonna try downloading another drum VSTi (?) and see if I get anything. Btw, I tried the chat but have no idea how to use it! Embarassed
Devilock79
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2007 02:07    

Well, I just downloaded Optik and I get the same thing. [z] is the only key that gets any sound. When I click the instrument tab, I can hear the instrument but still have no way of actually using it! Mad
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2007 07:27    

Devilock, C3 gives you a tom? Go lower....

Edit: you can go lower by lowering the number in the octave box in the top of the screen.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
oldbrian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2007 08:32    

as Walter said you've given up too early, the note range of f2 should be fine. or you can also use the gui for switching octaves: http://people.inf.elte.hu/valasek/misc/golower.JPG
Devilock79
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03 2007 15:53    

Very Happy Thank you SO much! When you said change octave, I was changing the note value! (under volume, pan) Thanks to you both, but especially oldbrian for providing me with that link! I love you guys! lol
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour