Forum - Timbaland stealing music from the Demoscene
 Forum
General discussion
 Timbaland stealing music from the Demoscene
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17 2007 17:20    

Timbaland, Timbaland...what have you done there?

Donīt wanna know how much he and other producers stole parts of other artists if this vid up there is not a fake!

But I guess itīs true...

Damn....lol.

Btw, this guy explains the difference between stealing and sampling (if you havent seen it yet) quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnF57sSUFAs&mode=related&search=

To get myself as a hip hop producer a bit clean:

I havent used samples for some time in my tracks Smile.
(except of those movie dialogues as intros)

Smile

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17 2007 19:24    

cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL wrote:

Btw, this guy explains the difference between stealing and sampling (if you havent seen it yet) quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnF57sSUFAs&mode=related&search=

spot on, says it all.

cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL wrote:

To get myself as a hip hop producer a bit clean:

I havent used samples for some time in my tracks Smile.
(except of those movie dialogues as intros)

Smile

Don't understand the thing about getting clean.
I love to sample vocals from old old vinyls. It's just something diffrent with the way they talked and sang during that time. And the lofi on top of that... nice. I even find drum samples sometimes that sounds awesome when chopped up and used as single shot samples. I see nothing wrong in that, it's just art to make something new of something old. Anyways enjoyed the youtube link alot, thanks.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17 2007 20:11    

Yeah, I kinda was jk Wink.

I chop up loops too and cut out elements from bollywood movies which are maybe about 2 or 3 seconds short.

Itīs cool Smile.

btw...didnt u wanna remix one of my tracks?

Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17 2007 23:21    

Exclamation PlOP Question *idea*

Lets do a 'who is the best timbaland stuff-stealer' - compo Very Happy ...

Wink

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17 2007 23:54    

cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL wrote:

btw...didnt u wanna remix one of my tracks?

yea I'm still up for that. do you have any new english rap going on?

@Franklin

haha yea that wouldn't be more than fair. My entry will consist of me adding a hihat to one of his tracks.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18 2007 02:54    

BTW, could anyone get me some Timbaland alike sounding RnB / Rap (US styles) drumsamples (not loops, single samples so that I can build up my beats with them).

I'm working on the 'Shanycia' project right now, Shanycia being an RnB singer from the Reunion island (Just east of Madagascar) and she'ld like Timbaland alike productions on some of her songs.

Subsidiary question : Are there still some Tempest mods around to be ripped for that project without giving him any credits ? Laughing (Seriously, I want the project to be 100% original, so no rip here Very Happy )

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Franklin van Uden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18 2007 09:36    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
BTW, could anyone get me some Timbaland alike sounding RnB / Rap (US styles) drumsamples (not loops, single samples so that I can build up my beats with them).

Creative colors Very Happy

Yeah i have hiphop/beat samples enough, pm me ..

Music ... is endless ... Work in progress ...

View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
cHiEfRoCkA 4 ReaL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18 2007 13:25    

Yeah he does....lol.

@Toffe

Mmhhhh yeah.
I have finished lyrics.....dont know when Iīll be able to do some recording at home, but Iīll let you know.

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20 2007 20:02    

TNK / ATK project wrote:

Any kind of artwork is copyrighted by default, just by the act of creation itself. No need to registrate anything here.

To get back on topic... Wink

Even though artwork is by default copyrighted, what would that really mean? I mean, is there a universal agreement on what copyright means in legal terms? Does this default copyright really restrict you from doing anything at all with the work, no matter where you live? I'd dare say no. Countries have different views on laws, it would be a miracle if every country has the same view on copyright. So basically all you have to do is to live in a country with very liberal views on copyright and you'd probably have no problem using someone elseīs artwork if it doesn't have a license of any form attached to it. (Besides that, how do you go about suing someone over the border?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21 2007 00:00    

Sunbuster wrote:

To get back on topic... Wink

Even though artwork is by default copyrighted, what would that really mean? I mean, is there a universal agreement on what copyright means in legal terms?

That's where the WIPO comes in. As far as I know, all the countries that are in the WIPO have more or less the same copyright laws, or atleast their basics. This includes I think every developped country (Countries like Afghanistan, Madagascar & so on are not in it, but well, guess what the size of the music market is there...)

Sunbuster wrote:
Does this default copyright really restrict you from doing anything at all with the work, no matter where you live? I'd dare say no. Countries have different views on laws, it would be a miracle if every country has the same view on copyright.

For exemple here in France, the word copyright basically has no real sense. In french legal terms, you speak of author's rights (The rights of the creators) and neighbouring rights (the rights owned by the performers and also the ones owned by the producers).
But basically yes, while the word copyright is not used, the concept of protecting intellectual property is globally the same here than in every developped country. In other words, what Timbaland obviously did is illegal in the USA (where he probably did it), in Finland (where Tempest lives) and would be illegal here too.

Sunbuster wrote:
So basically all you have to do is to live in a country with very liberal views on copyright and you'd probably have no problem using someone elseīs artwork if it doesn't have a license of any form attached to it.

In this country maybe, but when you bring your project back in a country that has a lesser liberal view on it (like the USA, Japan or the EU), your works have to comply to the laws of the country you're bringing it in. So basically, if Timbaland had done it in Afghanistan, it would probably have been legal... until he would have brought it back to the western world.

Sunbuster wrote:
(Besides that, how do you go about suing someone over the border?)

I know atleast in my case that if someone would rip one of my tracks and make $$$ out of it (and if I would like to fight this), I would have to refer the case to the national author's rights society who would check the case out and back me legally (and also pay the legal fees for it).

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Theget
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2007 06:26    

Timbaland can suck it

This is for Janne cause I think 90% of Timbaland is garbage.

Plus I'm Finnish.
View user's journal Send private message
Prometheus-3
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19 2007 03:53    

How could anyone STEAL someone else's work and no-one (except most of the tracker scene Very Happy) do anything about it?
I'd whip the bastard a thousand times if he KNEW the artist, another thousand times if he raps about money/drugs/sex etc (<-I'm against that stuff, but not all of it, just the bastards) and another thousand times if he used Pro Tools Very Happy.
Anyways I reckon someone should CRUSH him.
Alex

http://daprometheus3.googlepages.com/
New line of synthesizers announced! I'll keep you informed!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2