MadTracker.org
Forum - MadTracker Chainsong 2004 Remix Compo has started!
 Forum
Announcements
 MadTracker Chainsong 2004 Remix Compo has started!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02 2005 21:42    
MadTracker Chainsong 2004 Remix Compo has started!

Buckle up for safety, because the first dedicated MadTracker compo of 2005 has just kicked off! Factor & PyroZane, organizers of the MadTracker Chainsong 2004, have started the Chainsong Remix Compo, and invite you to participate. The winners can expect massive publicity, and prizes from MadTracker.org Cool

So get your best mixing and mastering skills out of the closet, make yourself some litres of highly energetic coffee, and prepare for infinite fame, fun and musical miracles. Good luck!

Chainsong Remix Compo homepage [rules and information]
Download the MadTracker Chainsong 2004 [.zip > 15 mb]

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PyroZane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05 2005 04:43    

The deadline is 15th of March, and that should give you plenty of time to make an entry:) So start remixing, and have fun:)

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
N0N

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16 2005 06:21    

yea, I'm sorry, I hope I didn disapoint to many people with what I did to the song.. It was a very challenging compo. o.k.

peace
PyroZane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18 2005 12:00    

Deadline is up, and we got 2 entries (Synop and n0n).

Voting on the entries is next.

Synop's entry (zip 13.4mb):
http://chainsong.madtracker.org/compo1/MTchain2004SynopMix.zip

n0n's entry (rar 90.7mb or mp3 27.6mb):
http://chainsong.madtracker.org/compo1/mtcs2004-n0n.rar
http://chainsong.madtracker.org/compo1/MT_chainsong(n0n_remix_unmastered).mp3

I have listened to both entries, and both are well worth downloading:)

I have to get back with more info later...

Atlantis
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08 2005 00:42    

So now the mastering contest is supposed to start? It seems I'm already three days late to enter it, but I'm without Internet anyway and am moving flats during the coming month. So unless the deadlines can be extended 'til then, the fame will have to go to someone else.

Atlantis [Atlantean Records]

multiband professor/eq professor/Nur-Ab-Sal
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atlantis
User

PostPosted: Tue May 10 2005 08:29    

So what's happening with the mastering contest?

I've just moved into a new house and have my own Internet connection again, so I'm finally able and willing to master the final mixdown if there is still interest in the project.

Which entry should I work with? I'm downloading Synop's entry now, but if I was to work on this, then I'd need a high quality WAV file of it too. I'd also like to request a 128 kbps compressed OGG version of n0n's entry so that I can check if everything is OK before proceeding to download the WAV file.

Atlantis [Atlantean Records]

multiband professor/eq professor/Nur-Ab-Sal
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goose

PostPosted: Tue May 10 2005 09:55    

I'd rather hear the original mastered.

Sorry, but I preferred it to both these versions.

Especially, from a selfish point of view, that the volumes of my bit are very quiet in N0N's version, and Synop has deleted my bit altogether.

But really - I just liked the original, it flowed so much better, and showed all those different styles. Now they just sound confused. I'm not totally against the remixes - do what you want - but I'd like to have a well mastered original for me to keep.

Thanks Very Happy

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue May 10 2005 10:05    

I personally also would be prefer the original version to be mastered (but wasn't that the intention altogether anyway?). N0N's version showed some very interesting ideas, but - as Goose said - the original version indeed is the most flowing one.

Contact Yannick: he might be able to provide the wave files that you need of the chainsong for the mastering.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
PyroZane

PostPosted: Tue May 10 2005 10:53    

I have to talk to Factor first, but the chainsong should be what the public want, and not what we want:) We was about to remove/cancel the mastering compo, but if the public wants to master the orginal chainsong, thats okey with me atleast:) How ever I can't promise any prices yet...

I have earlier asked factor to add a "remix compo" vote on this forum, and the winner will still be uploaded at ctg etc. I guess the vote will be up at this page soon?

We plan to make an artist called "Madtracker Chainsong" where we upload all winners, the orginal chainsong, previous chainsongs and future chainsongs. All artists who have done anything at all with the chainsong, will get their name on that artist page. + extra credits for the winners ofc!Smile

Is there many artists/enginiers out there, who wants a mastering compo of the orginal chainsong?

Visit this url and vote if you want a mastering compo!
http://www.madtracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14891#14891

Btw: If there will be a mastering compo, I will give/make/upload all files needed.

LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06 2008 23:56    

It seems, that the remixes are gone. Could you please put them back to the Chainsong site?
Edit: Well, I just noticed that you moved those files into the 2004 sub directory. You should fix the links in this thread.

I have mastered all 4 chainsongs with a few minor tweaks. I just wanted to have a some things fixed. I adjusted some out of place leveling, out of place EQ'ing and some hanging notes. A few samples with a very dry sound have some light effects added. This master preserves much of the original dynamics, ie. it's not like those overcompressed mainstream music.
I sure like to share this master. Is it okay to upload it somewhere?
I know, it's a little late for this competition, but I like to share them anyways.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour