Help and support
 N00B In Need
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Nickolas
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09 2008 21:20    
N00B In Need

Hello,

I Love Techno/Electornica/Trance type of music, your program is awesome for that as i have heard some demo techno music made with Mad tracker 2 and i was wondering since i downloaded this yesterday where can i find a total n00bs guild on how to use the program as far as making music and everything.

i wanna start making music that sounds like one of the demos that is in Mad Tracker 2 called Troy1818 - Dead And Colorblind.

so can someone please point me in the right direction...

i have no experience at all with mad tracker or any music program for that matter lol..

Thank You!
Nick.
View user's journal Send private message
Vincent.V.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2008 00:56    
Re: N00B In Need

Nickolas wrote:
Hello,

I Love Techno/Electornica/Trance type of music, your program is awesome for that as i have heard some demo techno music made with Mad tracker 2 and i was wondering since i downloaded this yesterday where can i find a total n00bs guild on how to use the program as far as making music and everything.

i wanna start making music that sounds like one of the demos that is in Mad Tracker 2 called Troy1818 - Dead And Colorblind.

i have no experience at all with mad tracker or any music program for that matter lol..

Thank You!
Nick.

Lol... well when i read this first, i thought you were kidding ...
But ... ok... but i think your aim is VERY ambitious...

So i don't want to discourage you, but to manage a track like
Dead and colourblind you need a lot of practice and experience Wink ... especially if you haven't worked with ANY music-programm yet .

Ok, but you have an aim... that's a very good base Smile
So first of all, you should become familiar with Madtracker ( or even tracker) to get an idea how they work.

The best thing to do that is (of course) reading manuals and tutorial you may find on madtracker.org

Then, load and listen to many, many mods you may find on the web (for example have look at http://modarchive.org/index.php or http://www.madtracker.org/music.php )
Ther you'll find a variety of different mods

Load them into Madtracker (or any other track) and have a carefully look at the commands to learn how they work
Maybe you should try Pro- and fastracker mods first, becaus madtracker mod often use automation for the effects and they are not always visible at the first sight.
this may result in... you hear an effect, but you don't now where it comes from, unless you don't have a look at the automation section ...

so imho for an "noob" it'S better to learn the "usual" tracker effects, as used in Pro- or fasttracker mods first

after you got an understanding of it, you may try your first steps in composing Wink
I suggest doing it without VSTi instruments first, because VSTi instrument are an chapter of it's own... it would be too
much, both learning vsti's and the handling of a tracker at the same time... but that's my personal opinion.

So, after you managed your first steps with samples only, than you should try using track-effect in combination with automation.

Once you got it, you have a good base in creating some good tracks. and you may try out the next big chapter:

Madtracker + Vsti's Smile Learn the meaning and usage of filters, delay, reverb etc...
after you archived a hand how to use this, you have a good chance to create som songs like
"dead and colourblind"

BUT ... (there is a big "but" ) it takes time... plenty of time (i'd say at least 1 year) until you you are going to gain that experience and the skills necessary for a good result (depending on you talents).

That means a lot of practice, blood, sweat and cursing Wink
So don't get disencouraged, if things don't behave as you expect it. Wink

A good practice is editing and remixing other mods or your favourite songs (just like Amok does)

Good luck and happy tracking Very Happy

i hate signatures Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Nickolas
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10 2008 08:31    
Re: N00B In Need

Vincent.V. wrote:
Nickolas wrote:
Hello,

Thank You!
Nick.

Lol... well when i read this first, i thought you were kidding ...
But ... ok... but i think your aim is VERY ambitious...

So i don't want to discourage you, but to manage a track like
Dead and colourblind you need a lot of practice and experience Wink ... especially if you haven't worked with ANY music-programm yet .

Ok, but you have an aim... that's a very good base Smile
So first of all, you should become familiar with Madtracker ( or even tracker) to get an idea how they work.

The best thing to do that is (of course) reading manuals and tutorial you may find on madtracker.org

Then, load and listen to many, many mods you may find on the web (for example have look at http://modarchive.org/index.php or http://www.madtracker.org/music.php )
Ther you'll find a variety of different mods

Load them into Madtracker (or any other track) and have a carefully look at the commands to learn how they work
Maybe you should try Pro- and fastracker mods first, becaus madtracker mod often use automation for the effects and they are not always visible at the first sight.
this may result in... you hear an effect, but you don't now where it comes from, unless you don't have a look at the automation section ...

so imho for an "noob" it'S better to learn the "usual" tracker effects, as used in Pro- or fasttracker mods first

after you got an understanding of it, you may try your first steps in composing Wink
I suggest doing it without VSTi instruments first, because VSTi instrument are an chapter of it's own... it would be too
much, both learning vsti's and the handling of a tracker at the same time... but that's my personal opinion.

So, after you managed your first steps with samples only, than you should try using track-effect in combination with automation.

Once you got it, you have a good base in creating some good tracks. and you may try out the next big chapter:

Madtracker + Vsti's Smile Learn the meaning and usage of filters, delay, reverb etc...
after you archived a hand how to use this, you have a good chance to create som songs like
"dead and colourblind"

BUT ... (there is a big "but" ) it takes time... plenty of time (i'd say at least 1 year) until you you are going to gain that experience and the skills necessary for a good result (depending on you talents).

That means a lot of practice, blood, sweat and cursing Wink
So don't get disencouraged, if things don't behave as you expect it. Wink

A good practice is editing and remixing other mods or your favourite songs (just like Amok does)

Good luck and happy tracking Very Happy

Wow,

Thank You Sosososo Much Dude!!!

I Will take your advice to heart Smile

i get disencouraged alot lol..

you have a msn/yahoo that i can add you to if i have any more questions? pm me it if you do
View user's journal Send private message
Vincent.V.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11 2008 15:17    

You may reach via the MT-chat (there i'm "known as "Maviba")
or try to add me @ http://myspace.com/maviba Wink

i hate signatures Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour