Forum
Bug report
 MT 2.6.1, Access violation
Reply to topic Post new topic  
lbsl
User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15 2009 13:01    
MT 2.6.1, Access violation

I got several of these having MT slaved for the night as ReWire host to a master sequencer.
Everything was still okay when i turned my monitor off for the night and when i turned it back on, this was the result:

Nothing really important was loaded and the song wasn't playing. I just left the whole set unattented for several hours.

Programmer-wise thinking: I have an idea some kind of timer variable (unsigned) got overloaded and either started to represent negative values towards other routines, or some buffer got overloaded.

I'ld just post this to let you know.
Regards.
View user's journal Send private message
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16 2009 09:13    

This is one of my most favorite bugs in MadTracker, though I usually encounter it while either adding automation for the dfx Buffer Override stereo VST, or simply by playing around with a VST.

Needless to say, if you don't close the error with the X-button as soon as it appears, or aren't quick enough to hit the save button between errors popping up while holding down the enter key, all unsaved work is as good as lost.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
lbsl
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16 2009 12:26    

Well, i only had loaded a demo-song (dead and colorblind) which only uses Synth1 and Drummatic vst plugins.
But if it works also in a shorter time, perhaps it might be a buffer overflow of an array somewhere.
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour