Forum - So...
 Forum
General discussion
 So...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
em22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08 2010 00:39    
So...

So has MT finally died? I come here every week or so and find no updates, no new music being submitted, no new music reviews and spamon the board. There's no progression and feel the program I love is now in the past.

Is it time to shelve my MT work and move on, or shall I sit here in aticipation of an update that will bring MT a little more closer to other trackers that still exist?

em22
View user's journal Send private message
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08 2010 18:15    
well...

I fear for the program itself, but the community, will never die. Just take a listen to amoks new remix in the music folder. Since MT2, is not a program in the big league with a company behind it like ableton, Steinberg or Magix that constantly develelope their programs to the users needs. Since Yannick made the program open scource nothing has happened as far as I know. If we want Madtracker to develope we should make a fond, where the money went to the developers and let MT3 be donation-ware. That way we could get good old MT to rock again with a whole lot of new stuff and with the old school tracker interface that we all love. If I could program then I would defenetely be interested, but i don't even know which code Madtracker is based on.
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17 2010 11:03    
Re: well...

Deepsleeper wrote:
If we want Madtracker to develope we should make a fond, where the money went to the developers and let MT3 be donation-ware.

I like this. A lot. And I'm actually a little surprised that "donation-ware" never came up before, it makes so much sense. There are already various solutions out there for this (PayPal, ChipIn), and enough of us still using MadTracker to get the ball rolling.

I'd donate to MadTracker regularly if something came of it.

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue May 11 2010 11:38    

I hate to double-post in a topic, but it's been a month, so I'm calling fair game.

Yannick, what's your say on officially making MadTracker 2 or MadTracker 3 donation-ware?

Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue May 11 2010 18:01    

It's not a matter of funds, but of manpower.
Without days of 72h I can't find the time to work on it unfortunately... And it's pretty hard to find motivated coders to pass the project on. Sad
Deepsleeper

PostPosted: Tue May 11 2010 21:30    

How about a banner,

! ! ! CODERS NEEDED FOR MT3 PROJECT ! ! !

Wink
Axlzero451
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27 2010 06:12    

Yannick wrote:
It's not a matter of funds, but of manpower.
Without days of 72h I can't find the time to work on it unfortunately... And it's pretty hard to find motivated coders to pass the project on. Sad

I'm a coder. I'm motivated. However, I doubt that I have the skills required to work on such a complicated program. I'll learn Delphi in the meantime.
mikx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16 2010 18:55    

hehe hello madtrackers!

i have a look here every now and then, nice to see people still hanging about. Smile i was still using MT2 regularly until 2-3 years ago but in a way had to move on eventually. this was a powerful program until renoise, reason, live and such were invented.

but i just found saine on soundcloud and we were talking about how great those old tracker days were. we both still have MT2 installed even though we don't use it anymore.

btw here is his soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/saine -- he still writes some great music after all these years in the tracker scene!

i hope mt3 will happen some time, but i have a fear it has been too long and other software has matured quicker, so MT3 will be in a way lagging behind even after it is released. what do you think?

see you in a few months i guess Razz

mikx

soundcloud
Axlzero451
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12 2010 06:32    

mikx wrote:
i hope mt3 will happen some time, but i have a fear it has been too long and other software has matured quicker, so MT3 will be in a way lagging behind even after it is released. what do you think?

This seems eerily like Duke Nukem Forever. However, DNF is going to come out soon and it looks pretty good, so maybe Daikatana is a better example. I will start submitting .mt2s to the songs once I register MT2. (It's hard to get $60 when you're thirteen years old. I'll try to convince my dad that the web hosting is worth it.)
Golden_Vampire
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13 2010 01:40    
madtracker must live!

i dunno, it seems a program cant die coz its not alive, its just code in a computer

maybe something else dying?

the community is dying? the passion for madtracker is dying?

the passion for music is dying?
Axlzero451
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 2010 04:37    
Re: madtracker must live!

Golden_Vampire wrote:
i dunno, it seems a program cant die coz its not alive, its just code in a computer

What people mean by "die" is that development has ceased and will not continue.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour