Forum
General discussion
 Hello madtracker community
Reply to topic Post new topic  
apricorn
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 05:24    
Hello madtracker community

Hurro. I'm wondering if the community is still alive. I've almost finished a game called vvvvvv, and haven't used madtracker in ages. I found out that souleye, who does the music for vvvvvv, used madtracker, and reminded me about the awesome program. I'm just wondering if anyone has a sort of port of madtracker2 for ubuntu 10.04. Windows has been giving me problems, so i've switched over to ubuntu. I've been using milkytracker, but i would like to get back into madtracker.

www.apricorn-music.com
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 06:49    

Sorry man, MadTracker is Windows-only, you'd have to check into a Windows emulator.

The community is more or less in stasis, and MadTracker itself has not seen an update in three or four years. You'd be better off either sticking with Milkytracker, or moving onto another tracker like many others have done/considered doing.

openMPT and Renoise are top picks.

apricorn
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 07:02    
:l

:/ Ah well. Is mt3 still in development? I read that yannick has stopped, but has anyone else started developing on it?

www.apricorn-music.com
Amok

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24 2010 09:45    

MT3 is in stasis as well. And I highly doubt that there will be any further developement. If you want an up-to-date asskicking awesome tracker, come over to www.renoise.com Wink

http://www.andreasjanke.net
Axlzero451
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25 2010 03:06    

You would be better off with other trackers if you are using Linux. Milkytracker is great for game soundtracks, as it's the best modern XM tracker.
View user's journal Send private message
SX001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10 2010 12:33    

Axlzero451 wrote:
You would be better off with other trackers if you are using Linux. Milkytracker is great for game soundtracks, as it's the best modern XM tracker.

welcome, I am still a MT2 user and with hardware synths.

my advice would be this --
just keep using the windows version specially for MT2 and also keep still your older computer for that. Then its no problem.

my current setup is that I run MT2.6.1 unders WIN98SE (with unofficial service packs which allows 1GB RAM usage and USB full support) on single-core Pentium IV 3.4Ghz CPU machine even and with MOTU midi outputs. Thats only for MT2 and I keep it this way.

I have linux machine just separate and I accept that it wont work the same way under the linux or other windows versions as supposed to be.
Golden_Vampire
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20 2011 14:12    
potential

it seemed to me like the community was expanding when someone suggested a record label for madtracker users.

it seemed like it was possible for a second to earn a living writing madtracker music.
papa bear
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28 2011 08:25    

.... record label?

he who does not continue to learn, has learned nothing ...

d|^..^|b

http://johndoe007.bandcamp.com
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30 2011 09:26    
Re: potential

Golden_Vampire wrote:
it seemed like it was possible for a second to earn a living writing madtracker music.

It is certainly possible. You "just" have to either A) be damn good, or B) get huge exposure somehow and find your way to your fans or C) network with people who can use your music and force your way in there or - preferrably - A+B+C at the same time.

Last edited by SoulEye on Thu Feb 17 2011 02:40; edited 1 time in total
Golden_Vampire
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16 2011 11:51    
record-label

i remember someone set one up. pixelmod records i think.
its somewhere in the general section of the forum.

it was good because i mainly read alot of posts in here... and no one usually says anything about 'making it' from their backtracker background to a career in music.

in spin magazine and such, i see all kinds of music groups and artists making it, from nowhere to large scale fame.

i wondered how many madtracker artists go for years with their compositions being only hobbies. or being their life, but not doing anything big commercially. Well, i wouldnt know at all exactly how much success any has had, besides what i saw on franklin van udens myspace and another madtracker user who performed with the software running on a computer on stage.

im guessing theres more success stories than i am aware of
evel_knievel jajaja
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07 2011 00:34    

as you said the community is in stasis and there won't be mt3, is it still possible to get the paid version of madtracker2? I'm just wondering if all support has left and I won't be able to change any of my files into .wavs. Thx.
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07 2011 03:54    

Use paypal and buy. Just click "Register" to the left.

http://www.souleye.se
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour