MadTracker.org
Forum - Hardware MIDI -Controller (BCF2000)
 Forum
Help and support
 Hardware MIDI -Controller (BCF2000)
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Oekel
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02 2009 20:12    
Hardware MIDI -Controller (BCF2000)

Hi,

Is is possible to controll any of the synthesizer with a Hardware Midi-Interface? (I see my Behringer BCF2000 in the Menue but nothing happens)

Could anyone help?

greatings Oekel
View user's journal Send private message
Vitalsurge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05 2009 19:38    

No, i actually own the same controller, but madtracker does not put any out any midi-output it only receives and in order for any controller to work you need midi out. I would suggest purcashing another program with rewire capabilities and use madtracker as a soft synth within the program. I love the style, setup of madtracker but it is not compatable with many necessary things needed to make the song exactly how you feel it. Lets hope the MT3 comes out with midi-out...
SX001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29 2009 18:07    

Vitalsurge wrote:
No, i actually own the same controller, but madtracker does not put any out any midi-output it only receives and in order for any controller to work you need midi out. I would suggest purcashing another program with rewire capabilities and use madtracker as a soft synth within the program. I love the style, setup of madtracker but it is not compatable with many necessary things needed to make the song exactly how you feel it. Lets hope the MT3 comes out with midi-out...

Really?!?? Actually MT2 IS THE ONE VERY RARE PROGRAM
WHICH ACTUALLY _HAS_ MIDI OUT SUPPORT AND FOR MULTIPLE OUTS!

THat happens if you dont learn to know the program at all!!!

You arent the only one who uses hardware synths with MT2.
You should not have a hurry, take a time to read and search!

I use MT2 as sequencer for hardware synths and I have connected all the hardwaresynths with madtracker via MIDI Smile That MIDI OUT function is even in the Fasttracker 2 (plus functional kill-all-notes function implementation).

read the manual! (well perhaps there is not this available), but then browse around that menu where you select instrument or sample or VST assignments, that WHITE colored is sample, RED is VST and that BLUE colored synth is MIDI...

It has both midi in and midi out, and furthermore MULTIPLE MIDI output capability. You can use hardwaresynths, VSTs, and samples AT THE SAME SONG also... and if you have multitrack card its also possible to route the VST synths/samples/effects to different wavouts even!
I have here 10 MIDI OUT ports and 10 MIDI IN ports.

With ReWire mode I have also tried, in order to use MT as sampler. And then making piece which has MT2 for samples and sequencer for MIDI, Well, quite big latency will come that midi and audio tracks wont go in sync.

BUt that MIDI support is kind of tricky:
the midi in port records note, velocity, note-off, but havent got any information if it records any other information. Havent found a way to record portamento,
or SysEx.
The midi out port can send the same information back, plus patch change, plus in the effect row there you can write your own SysEx messages to be sent.

Only the difficult thing perhaps to you is that its quite difficult to find...

To see if the madtracker KNOWS midi in/out ports just press CTRL-F (configuration) and browse the tabs, on one place there is device configuration where you can see MIDI in choice and midi out choice latency adjustment (!!) for every MIDI OUT port it knows to have.

The MIDI outs are selectable if you make just NEW instrument and then open it, on the other tab there is possible to choice that MIDI OUT selection, (make just like choosing a VST channel, preset, portamento)
once you have assigned "instrument" to MIDI OUT channel
the instrument itself apprears in BLUE color.

Also..

citate from Yannick:
You should do this before posting here:
1. Read the FAQ
2. Check our tutorials
3. Do a search in the forum to find if your answer/problem hasn't been answered/solved before

Last edited by SX001 on Sun Mar 29 2009 18:34; edited 2 times in total
SX001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29 2009 18:23    
Re: Hardware MIDI -Controller (BCF2000)

Oekel wrote:
Hi,

Is is possible to controll any of the synthesizer with a Hardware Midi-Interface? (I see my Behringer BCF2000 in the Menue but nothing happens)

OF COURSE! So I have composed ALL my tunes.
Stufe_7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11 2012 21:41    

Allright, so it works that you can control Madtracker per midi.

I think i get one of these contollers, it must be quite fun for playin live.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour