Forum
Music talk
 Using tracker music commercially
Reply to topic Post new topic  
maffelu
User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2013 16:54    
Using tracker music commercially

I can't really find any information whether or not I can use the music I've written in Madtracker in a commercial product. I've done an app that I'm planning on releasing, and selling, and I have music I have done in Madtracker.
Can I use that music in a commercial product?
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13 2013 18:38    

Hi,

I`m no affiliated with Madtracker, so I can`t answer on Yannicks (the Author)behalf, but I`m pretty sure the short answer is: Yes

However, this does not apply for the samples you might use. (for instance you cant sample Madonnas latest album and pass it as your own - in that case you need clearence from the artist)

If you are not a registered user, you should consider registering in order to gain some quality in you exported soundfile.

Smile

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
maffelu
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13 2013 19:07    

Hello Martin and thank you for your reply.
I am using purchased samples and I have gone through all their licenses so that is ok, Madtracker was the last issue I could possibly have.

I did however notice that there is a paid version of Madtracker which is why I asked. I am thinking about purchasing it anyway for the export function.
View user's journal Send private message
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13 2013 19:53    

I have always thought of the "pro registration" as a natural choice for profesional users because of the added functionality and quality in the export file, and that the unregistered output quality simply isn`t good enough for comercial use (no disrespect intended - these options was made before apps was invented). I guess proregistration was considered for those whom might want to produce a record or something along those lines.

Now, I dont believe that Yannick would have secured any rights to anybodies artwork as a sales tactic, but I guess you really need a definitive answer and Yannick is the only one who can answer it. I think he reads the posts here infrequently - but if you are in a hurry, you could try sending him an email or perhaps you could try contacting him on the chat

Smile

~ http://martin.madtracker.net ~
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01 2013 20:08    

Hello,

If you use music you've made with MadTracker in a commercial product, then you should get the pro license indeed.

Your work will always remain your own property, even if made with MT or any other tool for that matter. Smile

Best,
Yannick
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour