MadTracker.org
Forum - Jumping to points in a sampled loop?
 Forum
Help and support
 Jumping to points in a sampled loop?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
weouthere2010
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16 2014 16:37    
Jumping to points in a sampled loop?

aye, new here, looks like this place isnt too terribly dead, so ill ask. I'm in the business of making jungle, and madtracker seems to be the only tracker ive used thats straight-forward enough to make the transition from FL.

my question is, if im using a sampled loop, such as an amen sample, is there a way to place notes in a pattern that would jump to certain points in the sample, like the crash or the double kicks, etc? and if not, what is a way to chop the sample for individual use without having to do it manually in audacity or something like that, if any?

thanks in advance
View user's journal Send private message
SX001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17 2014 01:03    
Re: Jumping to points in a sampled loop?

weouthere2010 wrote:
aye, new here, looks like this place isnt too terribly dead, so ill ask. I'm in the business of making jungle, and madtracker seems to be the only tracker ive used thats straight-forward enough to make the transition from FL.

my question is, if im using a sampled loop, such as an amen sample, is there a way to place notes in a pattern that would jump to certain points in the sample, like the crash or the double kicks, etc? and if not, what is a way to chop the sample for individual use without having to do it manually in audacity or something like that, if any?

thanks in advance

If I understood right you want to assign separate samples for some different keys?
thats called multisample instrument. Look for this the .XI format and FastTracker 2 help how to create multisample instruments and you get the idea. in MT2 its basically the same.
Heiko

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17 2014 23:50    

Hi,
I guess there isn`t a easy way to map every sample to a key. building a multisample, can be very time consumiong.

but there is another way...
imo the easiest method is sample-offset as a tracker command
90 XXYY
X Divide sample in X parts
Y Go to division Y

here is a demo mt2:
http://www.filedropper.com/amenslices

here i divided the sample in 8 parts "90 08 00" and call the parts 00 - 07 forward and backward
it is important that the sample is cuttet to exactly the 8 beats. but that`s easy doable inside the madtracker-sample editor.
weouthere2010
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18 2014 01:50    

Heiko wrote:
Hi,
I guess there isn`t a easy way to map every sample to a key. building a multisample, can be very time consumiong.

but there is another way...
imo the easiest method is sample-offset as a tracker command
90 XXYY
X Divide sample in X parts
Y Go to division Y

here is a demo mt2:
http://www.filedropper.com/amenslices

here i divided the sample in 8 parts "90 08 00" and call the parts 00 - 07 forward and backward
it is important that the sample is cuttet to exactly the 8 beats. but that`s easy doable inside the madtracker-sample editor.

thanks for the reply. i have a question, when you say "cut" what are you referring to? do i have to designate the sections for MT to cut before the command will work? and if so, how do i do that?
Heiko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18 2014 21:47    

Quote:
i have a question, when you say "cut" what are you referring to?

it`s important that the sampledata of the loaded sample only contains whole beats. because madtraker divides the beat in even sized slices.

in the Example above I loaded Amen-break as a sample and trimmed the sample down to only the 8 beats of interest. (with the internal sample-editor "mark"->"cut") so i can divide to 8 slices. we can keep a longer sample and divide into more slices if desired.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour