XnmE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11 2003 21:37    
New awesome song by Me :) - ASTRAY

XnmE proudly presents:
Astray

The song is made with MadTracker 2.3.1
based on multisamples! no loops!
music and lirycs by XnmE
I decided to leave it as an instrumental.

size: 4,74 mb
genre: rock
format: mp3
length: 3,43 min
link: http://lysis.audio-stream.net/xnme/XnmE-Astray.mp3

It's a rock song with soft distorted guitars, pianos, atmosferic solos, delays...

enjoy, i like it much.

feedback welcome

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vfgdfg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12 2003 20:53    

I was dissapointed to not hear your voice on it. Crying or Very sad

Oh well, the song is nice, but it sounds a bit too "mechanical" to my ears. I guess it would need some of those 9xx to variate the sounds a bit or something, the bass in the intro for instance when there's only the drums and the bass. Later on when other instruments kick in the mechanicality of the bass becomes unaudible.

There's something in the sound of the lead starting at 0:24 that I dislike, I dunno. I would maybe try play around with the analog filter effect with the lead solo (u can do some really nice wahwah soundish things with it on a guitar).

The beginning of the solo (including the sound) starting at 2:50 is really nice though, at 3:04 the mechanicality comes up again a bit, maybe some 9xx would help again.

I like all the pianos very much, it would use maybe bit more reverb though (especially in the end).

I think the crash hits are too loud, but I must now say that I'm listening with very crappy headphones (my better headphones are broken, and I dunno how to get them fixed bleh).

Snare sample could be more powerful as maybe all the other drums, they are all bit too in the "background", maybe more volume would fix it...

All in all the the song is nice but the things mentioned are a slight obstacle for me to enjoy 100% the song, but I know they are hard/impossible to fix most of the time, the 9xx doesn't work always very well etc.

Just keep composing and ignore my rambles Very Happy

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
XnmE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13 2003 19:10    

Thanx for comments and sugestions. Especially for you, next track, with my vox this time Smile

http://www.madtracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=321

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13 2003 19:50    

This song needed some time for me to be appreciated. Especially the lack of vocals makes it difficult for a song to live for itself. I first thought it to be more suitable as a musical background for a documentary, but after some listening turns I started to enjoy the song as it is. Especially the solo-part that starts at 2.50 is very attractive.

Some points of critic though:
-there are some weird volume changes throughout the song. Check the song with a decent pair of headphones and listen carefully for sudden variations in volume of individual instruments
-drums indeed sound a bit mechanical. A nice swing will do magic, but also one effect applied on all drumsound will make the drums sound more coherent and suited for eachother.
-song sometimes isn't strong enough. It sounds shallow and/or not-attractive at moments. Listen critically to every fragment, and consider revising (that's what ms word always says to me Very Happy)

Consider ignoring too; this style certainly is not my cup of tea.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
XnmE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14 2003 00:02    

thanx dude!

Music Is ThE GatE
---------------------
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour