Forum - Ohmi's tracks as mp3's.
 Forum
Music talk
 Ohmi's tracks as mp3's.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Ohmi

PostPosted: Mon May 05 2003 10:04    
Ohmi's tracks as mp3's.

Since there is no shameless self-advertising in this forum yet, I decided to start with my tracks. I only supply mp3's, but the mt2-sources would be generally too big for releasing. Everything is made with MT2 anyway.

Download here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ohmi/download.htm

Now available: (05.05.03)

Ohmi - Starfaring 3:52
Ohmi - Dancing Uv dots [blue] 3:47
Ohmi - DeoxyriboNucleic Acid 3:39
Ohmi - First day of fall 2:05

I appreciate opinions on any tracks from you.

btw: I've been listening alot of Front 242's - Pulse lately. Beautiful!
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
sz1
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon May 05 2003 10:43    

Pretty nice ones (in their genre).

(*remembering his own exprerimental tunes from the past*)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 05 2003 23:09    
Re: Ohmi's tracks as mp3's.

Ohmi wrote:
Since there is no shameless self-advertising in this forum yet, I decided to start with my tracks. I only supply mp3's, but the mt2-sources would be generally too big for releasing. Everything is made with MT2 anyway.

Download here:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ohmi/download.htm

Now available: (05.05.03)

Ohmi - Starfaring 3:52
Ohmi - Dancing Uv dots [blue] 3:47
Ohmi - DeoxyriboNucleic Acid 3:39
Ohmi - First day of fall 2:05

I appreciate opinions on any tracks from you.

btw: I've been listening alot of Front 242's - Pulse lately. Beautiful!

Front 242 was a lot better before they decided to become a Prodigy clone. Just an opinion

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 10:02    

>Tragedy< For You rewl!

I haven't heard the new album though, I thought I might buy it some day later, to expand my collection Smile

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ohmi

PostPosted: Tue May 06 2003 11:58    

I don't think f242 has any real resemblance to prodigy other than being hard electronic music with lyrics. I think that the new Pulse album isn't even trying to be very hard. I has a lot of emotional drive in it. Prodigy in the other hand, is always overdoing their drive. "Blaargh, I a firestarter. Ain't ye shocked yet?" Prodigy is good music too though, but it's way too overplayed.
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 23:28    

Hey didn't you read my signature? Well now that that's settled, I just got around to downloading your tracks there Omni.
Dancing UV dots - starts with a nice beat, gets trancy, no vocals Evil or Very Mad But that's okay because tracking traditionally has no vocals, right? I'm not all that into happy trancy stuff, being the super hardcore bastard that I am (not really, but I can rip a phonebook in half with my eyelids, and that's something)
Starfaring - starts with nice crunchy beat. I like crunchy drums. Gets trancy, a bit. I'm beginning to think you have no vocals on any of these tracks, which is not a bad thing, mind you. More dark and driving, I like this track.
DNA - not my cup of tea. It's slow and trancy. You like to do the trancy thing, I gather. Too happy. I want to go hug someone now, and that's not something I do.
First Day of Fall - Wait a minute! I got it now, I used to play this computer game called Creature Shock, and it has a weird trancy techno soundtrack. I liked it back then... Maybe I should imagine myself crawling through tunnels shooting aliens while listening to these tracks. Yeah, okay it works. Nice songs.

cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ohmi

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 10:55    

Enon: Hello again and thanks for comments. I should tell you that I still have strong 90's techno influence that affects my tracking. I'm aiming towards more dark and industrialized approach, but unfortunately it often ends up too trancy and light. I have some harder tracks in my harddrive, but I'm saving them for future use.

I've never played creature shock, but I guess adding gunfire and explosions would make my tracks a thrill, since there are no lyrics. Starfaring was actually written so that lyrics could be easily dubbed to it but I didn't come up with any lyrics yet. I still think that a track is better with lyrics than without, but lyrics are also very difficult to make.
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour