Forum - Suggestion box
 Forum
Suggestions
 Suggestion box
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 17:27    

Well, like Pjo2000 said, it's better that Yannick koncentrate on the base of MT3 instead of making all sorts of effects that could be found with free or cheap vst-plugins!
It's ofcourse necessary to include the same effects that's in mt2 in mt3 aswell, for compability backwards, but maybe some standard easy new effects would be nice to be included aswell?

I guess that EQ will be included in the mixer of MT3 ..

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 18:36    

Pjo: you should get payed to post here. Thanks (again and again) for your informative postings! Really loving to read your messages concerning audio techniques.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Ohmi

PostPosted: Wed May 07 2003 22:06    

Just some suggestions. I don't know if they have been brought up, cos the old forum was a hell to read.

Extended transpose:

If there's a melody written with instrument 01 and it's copied on other channel, it should be possible to "transpose" the whole thing into instrument 02 without writing the instrument number on all notes. Using the same pointers as in transpose (track, pattern, song, block) would make this operation faster.

Better built in sample-editor.

I remember all the useful functions like converting and drawing wave freehandedly from fasttracker 2.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 09:23    

The sample editor could be a bit better, but IMO it's not necessary to put too much time into it, since there always will be dedicated sample/wave editors that do the job much better. Instead, like it was suggested, mt3 should be concentrated on making the seamless operation between different programs as troublefree as possible.
Nasty
User

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 12:33    
Effects

Question Cool

Madtracker needs some better effects wy not put some better Fasttracker effects? or something.

better flange and echo effects or maybe the ability to gif youre sample a nice effects instead of just the track.

The program i think is great but it needs better effects the standard track effects are not enough
If the program had more effects you wouldn,t have to search for al those effect plugins it would save you time if they wore already there wouldn,t it?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 12:59    
Re: Effects

Nasty wrote:
Question Cool

Madtracker needs some better effects wy not put some better Fasttracker effects? or something.

better flange and echo effects or maybe the ability to gif youre sample a nice effects instead of just the track.

The program i think is great but it needs better effects the standard track effects are not enough
If the program had more effects you wouldn,t have to search for al those effect plugins it would save you time if they wore already there wouldn,t it?

Um... No. VST and DXi support is planned. Quit bitching.

~E

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 15:57    
Realtime mixer - writing to the automation box??

I would like to be able to mix the tracks in realtime. The way I picture it is that you have a “mixer-mode” for the keyboard. So instead of the keyboard being like a piano – it would be like a mixingboard. For example “Q” and “1” would control volume up/down for channel: 00, “W” and “2” for channel: 01 and so on...

And if you could also record your actions and correct/finetune/alter them in the automation box (or the in the track) afterwards I believe that you have an even greater tool in the tracker.

The benefit as I see it would be that you dont have to plan so much ahead how the music should sound, and you would be able to get more into the “musical feeling of it ” allowing for a more “spur-of-the-moment” feeling. Man - this is hard to explain, hope you get my point here!

Very Happy
Martin
KSO

PostPosted: Thu May 08 2003 22:28    

MadTracker needs track names with tags (Kick, snare, piano,...) and EQ and compressor. Only that.
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Fri May 09 2003 02:14    
Sample editor

Sunbuster wrote:
The sample editor could be a bit better, but IMO it's not necessary to put too much time into it, since there always will be dedicated sample/wave editors that do the job much better. Instead, like it was suggested, mt3 should be concentrated on making the seamless operation between different programs as troublefree as possible.

Yes I like this, perhaps when you double click on a sample you can have it open into your pre-defined "favourite" sample editor such as Soundforge. Instead of having to do it manually or use the mt default.

once you make the changes to your sounds and hit save it will automatically change in the mt instruments.

http://www.projectoverkill.com
sz1
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Fri May 09 2003 07:51    

Enonimis wrote:

VST and DXi support is planned

As a matter of fact, VST is planned but DXi is not.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ Dabee

PostPosted: Fri May 09 2003 12:41    

Eh... don' really remember all features I want to see in MT3.. but some of them, and most important for me:

- "Log scale for cutoff parameter" trigger!!!*
- Track naming*
- Realtime automation recording
- Evelope draw (possibility to draw envelope with mouse pointer)
- "Envelope smoothing" trigger
- Envelope inverse (more necessary in automation)*
- More FX in sample editor (check basic CEP/SF FXs, or just make a possibility to integrate with CEP/SF)
- Multiwave export (possibility to export several track separately ot once)* and even make CEP/Acid/Cubase/Cakewalk file.
- Gridline number under each line (starting with ZERO) in instrument/automation envelopes*
- Panning automation*
- Master FXs (Compressor/Limiter, Parametric EQ)
- Analysers (Spectrum, Frequency)

ok... that what I can reccolect now!

But you know Yan, those features markered with "*" can be implemented to MT2.3 in addition to 64-channels, "MCE", "KJ" shortcuts and Soft clipping:) As I can see it's not to hard to add? Isnt' it?

Respect
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Heiko

PostPosted: Fri May 09 2003 15:07    
Vybrato

a more intensive Vybrato-Effect

04 xxYY

...the ability to pitch more up and down then now is
View user's journal Send private message
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 09 2003 23:44    

sz1 wrote:
Enonimis wrote:

VST and DXi support is planned

As a matter of fact, VST is planned but DXi is not.

sz1:
As a matter of fact, it is. Read the first post in this thread. Although He mentioned not supporting DXi in the past, as I'm aware, he did include it in the same list as VST and made no mention that he wasn't considering it now. It would be nice for Yannick to respond to the DXi question, as it does seem to be important, no? I sure as shit don't use VST. But DXi is what I do use. And I think my music is well-produced enough (at least effect-wise) to vouch for DXi.

DJ Dabee:
Beautiful list of suggestions there. Realize that just about all that can be remedied by the planned VST/DXi support. Gives me chills just thinking about it, and I don't use MadTracker, except drum loops.

XnmE:
While I'm thinking about it, I was marvelling at the elaborate drums you had in The Cage. I must commend you on that! I was like, goddamn. I'm working on that remix constantly... should be sweet.

cheers,
~Enon

p.s. don't listen to me unless you agree. See below.

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat May 10 2003 00:17    

My first post says:

"I do not guarantee that everything will be featured in MT3. This list is just an indication of what has been suggested to prevent repetitions."

Wink

I don't plan DXi support, but it has been suggested. So it's in the list. Wink

Yannick
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 10 2003 05:17    

So I'm wrong, and if you disagree, then you aren't drunk. And you are wrong. Damn....

~E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 22 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next