Forum
Bug report
 Loosing all samples
Reply to topic Post new topic  
cynic
User

PostPosted: Mon May 12 2003 11:46    
Loosing all samples

I am running Madtracker 2 on windows 2000, using a PII 450mhz, 256mb of ram. I decided to store a 3 minute guitar solo over the already drum, bass guitar and fx tracks. I loaded the guitar solo sample in, and everything was fine. When i tried to save the mod, it gave me an "error trying to save". My disk space is ok, so I tried to save as a different file name. The same problem appeared. I then decided to quit the application, and load in the module I had been working on. When I did, I had lost all my samples, but the first sample. The patterns remained, but not the samples.

Is there any memory limitations to the length of a sample that can be stored?

Before the crash the file size was around 28.4mb. I know this is a big file for a tracker, considering we used to do stuff on the amiga and had to make the songs under the size of 720k.
I wondered if this could also be a problem, although I have exceeded this size in the past. 60mb to be exact.

Thanks

Cynic
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Mon May 12 2003 14:45    

The filesize of the mt2 shouldn't be a problem afaik. There are people here who've talked about working with 100Mb mt2's, so that shouldn't be an issue.

But what could be an issue is if one sample is this big, I don't know if it's a know issue though. A three minute guitar solo, if you have it in one file, would be around 30Mb at 44.1KHz/16bit/stereo.
Idea Try to chop the guitarsolo into shorter samples, that you then arrange in Madtracker. Tell us if it helped Wink
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cynic
User

PostPosted: Mon May 12 2003 15:03    

I have done this in the past and it has been fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
em22

PostPosted: Mon May 12 2003 16:59    
oops

I did do a reply but as i am old and ageing my brain told my fingers to click on the wrong button again Very Happy

Sorry Yannick! Razz

Yannick: No problem. Wink

--

i too have noticed when I am collecting samples and swapping them from CEP to Mandtracker the very odd occasion MT2 will give me the "error saving" message, on which MT2 then decides to quit, one minute you are mastering the best groove in the world and then you attempt to save it - the next you are staring at you desktop with a feeling of despair, loss and hurt.

I have no problems using large modules, it just seems to happen when I'm jigging massive samples around like vocals or atmospheric pads etc. i now always save anything insturment wise ass soon as I have finished tweaking in MT2. For me it's the worst than can happen, many ideas of extreme groovality have been lost this way.

I just make another smoke now though....

em22
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour