Forum
General discussion
 Some delay to reply to your e-mails
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sun May 25 2003 19:23    
Some delay to reply to your e-mails

Since I'm in troubles with my main PC, I cannot reply to your e-mails for the moment.

Sorry about this and thank you for your patience.

I had the time to notice that some of you were unsure about how to register. Simply check the Register page here and follow the links to MAZ. If you still have questions, this forum is here to help you.

I've been on my laptop the whole week already. And I don't have the data I need to progress on the website, MT2.3 or MT3. Sad

Yannick

Last edited by Yannick on Sat May 31 2003 15:44; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 25 2003 22:51    

Damn, does that mean a delay in the release of MT3??? <insert hideous laughter> But seriously, that is a depressing bit of news. Hope things work out! What, out of curiosity, is the problem with your PC anyhow?

cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Mon May 26 2003 08:30    

My power supply kinda "exploded" on Monday. I replaced it but the other power supplies also exploded almost immediately. So I suspect that PSU to have damaged something into my PC (motherboard, PCI card, whatever).
And indeed, after having opened the first PSU, we discovered it was badly manufactured and was really damaged. Confused

Hopefuly, all my data is safe! Very Happy (And I do backups anyway. Razz)

Yannick
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Mon May 26 2003 08:59    

Your motherboard is gone. trust me.

your cpu has about 3 - 6 months to live, before it gets unstable and starts really crashing your system.

you HD's depending on the on whether it was a transformer short or a short in the diode bridge should be ok... but buy a new one and backup everything. If your running a RAID config, fork out the cash and replace the drives.. then do some stringent tests on your original drives.. and if they seem to be ok.. sell them on Ebay.

sometimes in a powersurge situation.. the magnetic head in the HD gets damaged and misfires Zero's all over the place.. destroying data.

all other components should be ok, vid card and all add in cards.. keep an eye on your memory,esspecially if its rambus. Replace the cpu Fan.
CD roms and DVD drives are no problem.. prety robust sort of things

People dont realise that a dodgy power supply can be the most harmful component in the entire system. This has happened too many times to me.

so now everytime I build myself a new system..I always get the best PSU available. and at least 300watts.

Hope all goes well in fixing it up Yannick.

ps.

and hopefully the powersurge got into the MT3 code, mutated and finished it off and is currently emailing it out to all us reg'd users Smile

http://www.projectoverkill.com
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Mon May 26 2003 10:33    

Thanks for the advices Pjo2000.

Actually I could fit my HD into another PC and backup the data already. It seemed ok. Since the directory tree, filenames, etc. were okay, I suppose the data also is.

I was planning to buy a RAID, so I haven't forked the cash out yet. Very Happy

And a 380W PSU is on its way... Since I run a dual CPU, it is quite required I suppose (previous one was 300W).

If it's just the MB+CPU's that are damaged, then it should be quite okay. My main concern is in my data (and that GeForce 4 wasn't cheap also Smile). We have other dual-MB at work, so I should be back in business quite quickly hopefuly.

Yannick
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Sat May 31 2003 15:44    

I could manage to have my e-mails and required tools on my laptop. So I can finally reply to my e-mails. Smile

Yannick
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour