MadTracker.org
Forum - MT compo 2 entry takes off at Frankfurt airport !
 Forum
General discussion
 MT compo 2 entry takes off at Frankfurt airport !
Reply to topic Post new topic  
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06 2004 22:31    
MT compo 2 entry takes off at Frankfurt airport !

Hey Madtrackers,

Seems that music produced with our favorite tool can make it quite far ! Late may this year, one of the sites that hosts my music in .mp3 format (www.besonic.com) started a compo where the prizes for the 35 best was to be played in loop for more than one month in a major art exhibition that will take place in August in the Frankfurt am Main (Germany) airport (one of the biggest, if not the biggest airport in Europe - 190000 users each day). The theme of this exhibition was "the Olympic spirit". Peace, games...

Without really believing in it, I entered the mp3 version of my MT compo 2 entry "Dreams for tomorrow" that took the 33rd rank last year, available in it's original format at http://www.madtracker.org/compo/entries/200303/tnk_d4t.zip, because I felt it was the song that fitted the best the requirements.

And to my great surprise, It has finally been...selected ! Even better : the number of selected entries was lower than expected (only 32 made it to the finals), and mine was in it !

Has any other MT user entered that compo too or am I the only representative of the tracking scene in there ?

More infos (Now available in english too) can be found at :
http://www.besonic.com/BeSonic/User/0,4675,g0r0l1t1o0i821829,FF.html

Note that I got confirmation from the besonic team that the order of the entries shown on that page is random, and has nothing to do with any kind of ranking. There was no 1st, 2nd, 3rd... place. You could only be among the selected ones...or not.

Well, I don't know if some other tracker already had such experiments...but I wanted to share it with all of you !
After all, this is a proof that even an average tracked song can definitely compete with big midi studios Smile

Let's open a bottle of Champagne ! Smile

/TNK

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)

Last edited by TNK / ATK project on Wed Jul 07 2004 20:56; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 01:32    

congrats man... Cool Boo hoo! Applause
View user's journal Send private message
mikx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 05:08    

woohooo!!! now all you need to do is go to frankfurt to hear it for yourself Razz .. well done though!!

mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 07:40    

Applause
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 11:50    

Thanks folks.

But after hearing a few entries, it really seems to me that they only chose the 32 listenable entries, because far from everything that has been selected is excellent stuff.

The overall level of MT compo 2 seemed to be higher to me, and MT compo 3 even higher from what I heard.

Yanas's track "It's a miracle" is to me the best entry (wonderful trance/dance - would have easily been in the top 5 in a MT compo !). BTW, this track is #1 all categories on besonic.com . No wonder !

According to the besonic.com staff, we should all (the "winning" entrants) get a DVD of the event. I'll keep you updated on that subject.

Actually I do not live too far from Frankfurt (+- 200 Km) but well, if I want to listen to my track, I just have to turn on MT2 and boot it.

It would however be cool if atleast some of the 32 selected could meet at this Airport, that's for sure !

BTW, the above given link http://www.besonic.com/BeSonic/User/0,4675,g0r0l0t0o0i821829,FF.html has now been translated into english too.

/TNK

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)

Last edited by TNK / ATK project on Wed Jul 07 2004 20:58; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 17:41    

Applause
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 22:46    

Dancing

Applause
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07 2004 23:19    

Boo hoo!

Rock 'n roll! Even in Germany! Respecta!

edit: login for Besonic downloads:
chokk
blokk

[another reason to start using firefox is bugmenot. this extension is connected to an extensive database of logins for free sites, so that you almost never have to make an account]

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour