General discussion
 A Wierd question...
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
DJ_NoLa_TiGGeR
User

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 01:59    
A Wierd question...

First let me state this.... THANK GOD I FOUND SUCH A COMPREHNSIVE Music program for windows...

Now let me ask my wierd question...

A couple years ago I found this program on the net call Fast Tracker... it was an awsome music creation program and was very good for its time...

Well I was wondering since the look of both MadTracker and Fast Tracker are almost dead ringers...

Is this MadRinger program mad by the same peson who created Fast Tracker...

Thanks much for your time... and I hope to be posting some of my Songs soon Smile
View user's journal Send private message AIM Address
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 07:14    

TiGGeR,

Where the hell do i start.

first of all on the sarcastic side of things... you didnt find these programs.. they weren't hiding from you Smile hehehe

ok Fastracker comes from a family of music software commonly called "trackers"

Fasttracker ITSELF is a clone of an earlier tracker, on the amiga called Protracker, which was a clone of soundtracker.

(you have probably guessed: Madtracker is a TRACKER)

The first Tracker I can remember using was Soundtracker 1.0 and that was probably late 1987, thats a good 16 years ago.

It all started on the amiga, originally to quickly compose music for demo disks etc, since then clones have come and gone.. one of which.. was Fattracker (as mentioned earlier) which remained the flagship program for tracking for a very long time.

Trackers these days essentially run on the basically same principal that they did way back in 87.. the only difference is technology has got better and so has the programming.. and the average trackers thirst for making professional music, has got higher.

Which brings us to today where we have Madtracker, Renoise and to a lesser degree Sk@le. These are the most up to date and popular trackers.

Renoise has lept into the future and basically delivered everything a musician has ever wanted, with a tracker interface all on one plate.. and its very impressive.. although they have fallen down by cramming way too much into the interface.. some love it and some hate it..

This is where the madtracker SAGA comes in.. everyone you are likely to meet on this forum.. including myself are waiting and have been for the last few years for the Prodigal Madtracker 3 to be released.. which will be the perfect combination all things "Tracker" coupled with Professional audio tools and Vsti sequencing.

The answer to your question about the same person writing FT2 and MT2.. is NO. They are based on the same concept.. but MT is far better.

thats all I can tell you for now.... I am sick of writing in lamens-terms.. it hurts my brain Razz

enjoy.

pjo2000

http://www.projectoverkill.com
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 07:20    

haha dude, you could have just said 'no' instead of writing that 500 word essay on trackers!

Razz
-mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
D Vibe

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 08:08    

You forgot that Protracker's mod-format is a developement of Noisetracker's mod-format, which is a developement of Soundtracker 7.0's (I think!) mod-format, which is a developement of Soundtracker 1-6 song-format Very Happy

If you check the header of a mod created in noisetracker it'll stand M.K. in it (which means Mahoney and Kaktus btw!) and if you check a module made in Protracker it is written M!K! Wink ..

Well .. Rolling Eyes

https://www.dvibe.se
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 08:48    

mikx wrote:
haha dude, you could have just said 'no' instead of writing that 500 word essay on trackers!

Razz
-mikx

hhehehe true Wink it passed a good half hour at boring work tho.. so anything to keep me occupied haha Smile

but... I do expect TNK/ATK to expand on what of have said into a series of comprehensive novels that will stand the test of time in a quest to crush the spirits of newbies whom dare to ask a silly question such as whats a tracker? heheheheh Wink

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 09:35    

Pjo2000 wrote:

but... I do expect TNK/ATK to expand on what of have said into a series of comprehensive novels that will stand the test of time in a quest to crush the spirits of newbies whom dare to ask a silly question such as whats a tracker? heheheheh Wink

lol! Laughing
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 18:37    

I wonder how a woman would react if she asked TNT's name, and would be standing there for half an hour, listening to a philosophical essay concerning the universal usage of language and the linguistic images that are inherent to spoken words.

TNT: guess you're still single, right?

Very Happy

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 19:42    

Inge wrote:
I wonder how a woman would react if she asked TNT's name, and would be standing there for half an hour, listening to a philosophical essay concerning the universal usage of language and the linguistic images that are inherent to spoken words.

TNT: guess you're still single, right?

Very Happy

Inge

who is TNT? I guess you mean TNK/ATK Wink
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 23:19    

God damn! did you write all that or copy/paste it from somewhere? thank's for the, uuh, usefull information about cheese and shakespear Rolling Eyes

ps. I think your long post will be deleted/removed/moved since:
a) it didn't seem to be connected to the original topic in any way
b) I'm almost certain it didn't have any relevance to the topic
c) the topic was a wierd question
d) your post didn't have anything to do with a wierd question
e) it was written by you

take your pic Very Happy

edit: so you know, this is not a recommendation to the moderators to remove the üüüüber-long post. But I am taking bets, anyone? Wink
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 23:24    

You won. Wink

Btw, if I have to delete too much from the same person, I'll ban instead... Cool

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 23:51    

Sunbuster wrote:
God damn! did you write all that or copy/paste it from somewhere? thank's for the, uuh, usefull information about cheese and shakespear Rolling Eyes

I guess you refer to a post that was removed? I really don't have a clue what you are talking about Wink

And yes, I mixed up abbreviations of artists. So many artists, so little space in my head. TNK: sorry about that. We all love our own names, don't we? Smile

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 29 2003 12:43    

Awwwwww come on! That was such a beautiful post! I was making a very valid point! Yannnnnnnick! Undelete it! remove the cheese and shakespeare if you have to! (Besides i didnt save the damn thing like i usually do, and I'm fond of going back and enjoying my posts)

cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu May 29 2003 23:12    

Inge wrote:
Sunbuster wrote:

I guess you refer to a post that was removed? I really don't have a clue what you are talking about Wink

And yes, I mixed up abbreviations of artists. So many artists, so little space in my head. TNK: sorry about that. We all love our own names, don't we? Smile

Inge

yes, I wasn't talking about your post Very Happy Enon made a mildly long post about shakespear and the creation process of cheese, even TNK would be shittin his pants on the amount of reading there was (no offence TNK Wink ). ( I usually read through all posts here, but on that one I had to give up after line 250 or something Shocked )

Enon: shame you didn't save it, could have gone into the "Long post" hall of fame Very Happy
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Fri May 30 2003 02:42    

The girls say I have a long post Wink

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri May 30 2003 03:15    

Pjo2000 wrote:
The girls say I have a long post Wink

didn't need to know that... Shocked Rolling Eyes Confused Very Happy