Forum - cutting off notes?
 Forum
Help and support
 cutting off notes?
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 04:57    
cutting off notes?

Okay guys, my first try at recording kinda sucks...

I used the pc keyboard to ener notes from a couple of sustained samples and the last notes continute to play (just a test mind you, nothing anyone wants to really hear). How do I stop the last notes from playing after a certain period of time?
Would this still have happened if I had used my midi keyboard to input the notes instead?

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 06:57    

Quote:
How do I stop the last notes from playing after a certain period of time?
Would this still have happened if I had used my midi keyboard to input the notes instead?

to stop the sustained note from keeping playing, you enter a note-off command which works like lifting your finger from a music keyboard (i.e. you push down on the key and the note plays, and u take your finger off- it stops playing). the note-off is inserted into the track by pressing caps-lock, and on your screen it would look similar to this one, shown on line six (marked with the red dot):

as far as i remember (from using FT2 though), the note-off's are inserted automatically with a MIDI keyboard when you take your finger off the key, as explained above..

alternatively, if you just want to cut the notes volume (suddenly make their volume zero, hence you can't hear them anymore), you enter "0" into the volume column in the track (the second one). here is an example:

hope this helps!

Cool
-mikx
TmX
User

PostPosted: Wed May 28 2003 09:10    

With a midi keyboard in Mt2 you can configure it to record "note off" if you like to. Good if you jam in Play and Rec. mode.

Personaly I never enter notes in Play and Rec. mode, But one can still use the midi keyboard with Mt2 as you can configure some of the keys to important actions other then notes Smile Very good feature.

On a side note, Play around with the instrument Volume envelopes to create cool volume ramps to be used with the note off command.

A good way to learn and understand new cool things is to experiment Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour