General discussion
 MadTracker 2.3
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Szartd
User

PostPosted: Fri May 30 2003 15:02    

Or just the final version ? Laughing

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Schizo
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 09:26    

Uhhh... So when is this heavanly new version of MT2 gonna be out for download? Confused I have my doubts.

--Schizo--

Peace out!
-Schizo-
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 09:52    

I first need to repair my PC. (See the "Some delays to reply to your e-mails" post) Confused

I ordered a part of the stuff I need... I yet have to decide for a new MB + CPU's.

Yannick
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 10:04    

Yeah, it's a bummer that happened to your computer. But it's good you didn't loose anything - anything important at least Smile
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 16:26    

Yannick wrote:

I ordered a part of the stuff I need... I yet have to decide for a new MB + CPU's.

Yannick

Such as? Barton 3200 mp? Or going for 64 bit architecture straight away? Very Happy

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 16:40    

3200?.. The Barton is "only" at 2800 for MP's (for the moment).

No 64-bit yet... But it'll be my next upgrade. Smile Problem with 64-bit is that only WinXP and above will support it and Linux. So I'll wait that I'm fully converted to Linux before I switch to 64-bit. Very Happy

Yannick
sheepoid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 18:00    

One useful feature which has doubtless been mooted in the past would be a simple, at-a-glance indication of which tracks have an automation being applied to them. I, myself, personally, hate having to open the automation window to check this in the usual tedious way. A fairly simple solution would be to indicate that automation is "active" on a particular track by drawing/plotting a small circle (a green one for arguments sake) on those little real-time animated sample analyzers (oh hell - the correct terminology escapes me). I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If not then let me know and I'll attempt to elucidate...

Yeah, such a facility would be useful I think.
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 21:13    

agree, another thing that would be usefull is a function that tells you which tracks still are unused in the whole song. ooh, the many times I've had to scan through a whole song because I needed another track but wasn't sure if I'd used up all already Rolling Eyes
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03 2003 22:36    

Sunbuster wrote:
agree, another thing that would be usefull is a function that tells you which tracks still are unused in the whole song. ooh, the many times I've had to scan through a whole song because I needed another track but wasn't sure if I'd used up all already Rolling Eyes

That's bloody hilarious. Yes, I hate to find myself searching for an empty track, finding one, programming it, and suddenly running into already entered notes on that channel. Give me channelnames, or give me channel activity leds!

Sheepoid's point is also nice: a track fx led would be very nice, especially when you listen mt2's from other persons. I steal ideas, and hate to do much work to find them Wink

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Sonitus
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04 2003 09:36    

It's a bit more difficult to run out of tracks when you have up to 64 of them... on the other hand, it's VERY easy to make a mess of all the routing. And you also have to be very precise to be able to mute/solo tracks in the messy oscilloscope... But, what would life be without a bit of mess and trouble? There's nothing we can't handle, right? Very Happy

sheepoids idea would be dead useful, I agree...
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
em22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 03:06    

I'd like to see a little more user friendly-ness with adding samples to instruments.

Say if I have a sample in cool edit, I copy to clipboard, then go to MT, go to the sample page, go to a blank sample, open the editor, paste the sample, then have to ALWAYS turn the sample volume up, then add an instrument and then add the sample to the instrument.

Is there not some nice way you could have this process done automaticly?

Smile

em22
View user's journal Send private message
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2