Forum - MT2.5 RC3 BUGS/FEATURES
 Forum
Help and support
 MT2.5 RC3 BUGS/FEATURES
Reply to topic Post new topic  
meikom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20 2004 09:45    
MT2.5 RC3 BUGS/FEATURES

Sorry, should have posted it on the bugs corner... Just have seen it... so please nevermind, since i can't figure a way to delete this post.

Well, i just experienced a bug as i think. Recently I make use of the "pattern - new with active tracks" menu entry, instead of CTRL-F3/CTRL-F5 and I noticed that my automation isn't copied. Haven't tried what happens, if you choose "delete muted tracks", whether the automation is also deleted or whether it remains.

Further more there is another thing, that I have in mind and this is the wave export. I am missing an option to export each track in a batch process with autonaming like: Songname_Track00.wav, Songname_Track01.wav, ...

What I do after is mastering the song with miscellanous wave editors. Maybe there is just an automated EQ for each track feature missing. I could also imagine an EQ assigned to sample.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20 2004 12:17    
Re: MT2.5 RC3 BUGS/FEATURES

meikom wrote:
Well, i just experienced a bug as i think. Recently I make use of the "pattern - new with active tracks" menu entry, instead of CTRL-F3/CTRL-F5 and I noticed that my automation isn't copied. Haven't tried what happens, if you choose "delete muted tracks", whether the automation is also deleted or whether it remains.

That was mentioned by someone before. Can't remember the response, but I do remember it being mentioned.

If you want the automation, do the CTRL+F3/CTRL+F5 diddily. Smile

meikom wrote:
Further more there is another thing, that I have in mind and this is the wave export. I am missing an option to export each track in a batch process with autonaming like: Songname_Track00.wav, Songname_Track01.wav, ...

You ain't the first to suggest that. There's a Wave Export thread around here somewhere. Wink

meikom wrote:
What I do after is mastering the song with miscellanous wave editors. Maybe there is just an automated EQ for each track feature missing. I could also imagine an EQ assigned to sample.

But isn't that what VST's for? Extra effects and crap?
Sure, a built in EQ-er would be nice, but surely a VST EQ should suffice for now, maybe? Wink

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20 2004 17:54    
Re: MT2.5 RC3 BUGS/FEATURES

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:

But isn't that what VST's for? Extra effects and crap?
Sure, a built in EQ-er would be nice, but surely a VST EQ should suffice for now, maybe? Wink

for now? i think it would suffice for ever! some equaliser vst's out there are awesome and it would not be an easy task to compete against them quality-wise..

Smile
mikx
meikom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23 2004 01:14    

But VST plugins are legally an extra burden to my wallet. Wink

Beyond that I never worked with VST or its plugins and I read there are still issues bringing them to work with MT2.
And can you automate them with MT2?

While discussing the automation: I dream of a feature, to copy my envelopes and to append them right after (saves a lot of work) or to have a preview while resizing them. What about the idea, that you could move the selected point(s) by using the arrow keys (or by using an alternating key in addition)?

Another suggestion would be to implement multiple effects on a track without doing the routing trick (which I can't still manage to work). By using more filters I would have something like an EQ. Well thinking about that, there comes up the question: where to connect the new filter to? To the original sound, to the last filter output or to a filter of my choice in that row of filters? And then imagine to automate them! Could become a cool effect, don't you think?
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23 2004 09:06    

meikom wrote:
But VST plugins are legally an extra burden to my wallet. Wink

Uh, ever heard of a thing us folk like to call "free?"
Not all VSTs cost $200, y`know Wink

Unless your internet provider charges you for downloading, which in that case is just plain crappy. Sue `em.

meikom wrote:
Beyond that I never worked with VST or its plugins and I read there are still issues bringing them to work with MT2.

The only real issue, apart from some incompatibility on a few of the VST's behalf, is when you first open a tune that uses VST/VSTi, and it takes 10 minutes to load because you've forgotten to set the directory to your VST folder (Which is C:\Program Files\VstPlugins by default).

Seeing that you haven't worked with VST before, maybe it's time you should? Wink

meikom wrote:
And can you automate them with MT2?

Want a short answer? Good.
Yes. Yes you can.

meikom wrote:
While discussing the automation: I dream of a feature, to copy my envelopes and to append them right after (saves a lot of work) or to have a preview while resizing them. What about the idea, that you could move the selected point(s) by using the arrow keys (or by using an alternating key in addition)?

"I had a dream... then I got sucked up by the vaccuum cleaner and woke up..."

This has been mentioned before: The feature to resize track automation as easy as resizing instrument envelopes.
Being able to preview the result while resizing, though, that's a new one, and I like it. How it would work, though, is up to good ol` imagination to decide.

...yyyyyep, good ol` imagination... which doesn't seem to be with me at the moment, so I'll just read off other's thoughts.

meikom wrote:
Another suggestion would be to implement multiple effects on a track without doing the routing trick (which I can't still manage to work).

Ah, more than one track effect per track, that would be handy. Very handy. Cool

meikom wrote:
By using more filters I would have something like an EQ. Well thinking about that, there comes up the question: where to connect the new filter to?

The kitchen sink, duh.

meikom wrote:
To the original sound, to the last filter output or to a filter of my choice in that row of filters? And then imagine to automate them! Could become a cool effect, don't you think?

So, this is more of a proposal of a "Make your own effects!" thing, like those American All-Flavoured Beans... What are they... Jelly Bellies?
The ones where they taste like they're described, and certain combinations give even more tastes? Like, a blueberry muffin tasting bean from two vanillas and a blueberry?

Mmm, delicious tracking pleasure... Gimme!

Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23 2004 19:47    

CHICAGO¤lollie wrote:
So, this is more of a proposal of a "Make your own effects!" thing, like those American All-Flavoured Beans... What are they... Jelly Bellies?
The ones where they taste like they're described, and certain combinations give even more tastes? Like, a blueberry muffin tasting bean from two vanillas and a blueberry?

Mmm, delicious tracking pleasure... Gimme!

Yeah lollie, the Ameriucan All-Flavored Beans are called Jelly Bellies.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour