Suggestions
 Sample Ed
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15 2004 14:52    
Sample Ed

Maybe the sample editor could be just a tad less... tedious?

Seriously, I have severe difficulty trying to do stuff in the sample editor, simply because of lack of features and stuff. So here's what you should have:

Amplification, Normalization, Fade In, Fade Out, Stereo Widen, Insert Silence, Trim Trailing and Leading Silence, Resample (downsample/upsample one octave as well), chiptune-wave drawing ( ft2 feature of course Exclamation ), Combine two Samples (mix), EQ

* When dealing with loop points, maybe you could have it snap to zero-crossings. Also, try and adjust loop points to avoid clicks in the sound (could be a toggled option)

* Cut/copy/paste is good, but being able to paste stuff in the middle of the sample is even better. Being able to insert-mix a sample in the middle is pwesome Smile

I'm just thinking that I shouldn't have to export the sample from the song, edit it in Cool Edit, then bring it back in, and do that for a ton of the samples... kind of a waste of time, especially for a sample editor that has such potential. The Instrument Editor is great though, I think that should stay a bit more how it currently is Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QBical

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15 2004 20:33    

The only thing I need is undo, but I need that with all madtracker's functions actualy Smile

All the FX stuff you want can be done with VST's, and the insert silence, stretch and that kind of stuff can easaly be done with the x9 xxxx command...
Press F1 for more info Wink

Grtz
Ray

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
BeatMax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15 2004 21:15    

Oh yes Yannick give us UNDO! Wink I`d love such a feature. Agree with you Qbical.

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
InHousePussy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16 2004 00:03    

good sugestions....-C
View user's journal Send private message
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16 2004 03:37    

Strangely, I haven't learned MT2's specialized effects yet, so I probably wouldn't have known this was possible Razz

Anyone got a list of these effects, btw?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16 2004 09:29    

QBical wrote:
Press F1 for more info Wink

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
goose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16 2004 09:37    
Re: Sample Ed

SaxxonPike wrote:
Maybe the sample editor could be just a tad less... tedious?

Seriously, I have severe difficulty trying to do stuff in the sample editor, simply because of lack of features and stuff. So here's what you should have:

Amplification, Normalization, Fade In, Fade Out, Stereo Widen, Insert Silence, Trim Trailing and Leading Silence, Resample (downsample/upsample one octave as well), chiptune-wave drawing ( ft2 feature of course Exclamation ), Combine two Samples (mix), EQ

* When dealing with loop points, maybe you could have it snap to zero-crossings. Also, try and adjust loop points to avoid clicks in the sound (could be a toggled option)

* Cut/copy/paste is good, but being able to paste stuff in the middle of the sample is even better. Being able to insert-mix a sample in the middle is pwesome Smile

I'm just thinking that I shouldn't have to export the sample from the song, edit it in Cool Edit, then bring it back in, and do that for a ton of the samples... kind of a waste of time, especially for a sample editor that has such potential. The Instrument Editor is great though, I think that should stay a bit more how it currently is Smile

There is Normalisation already. Plus, if you keep your samples "on disk" you won't have to export / import them.

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16 2004 13:54    

Yeah, normalization is already there, but why leave it from the list Smile

Something that works just as easily as the FT2 editor would be great for me, with the addition of windows shortcuts for cut/copy/paste though. Oh yeah, and undo is good to have too, I wasn't aware it was missing...
mikx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17 2004 08:20    

i agree with the undo feature which would be awesome!! the rest - well it's too easy to copy/paste between MT and your favourite wave editor, so it's not a big deal then.. ??

Smile
mikx
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 14:31    

To be able to slice and slap pieces onto the sample any place I want them would eliminate the need for an external editor Smile

(and does MT really copy the stuff to the clipboard so I can paste it in Cool Edit?!)

::[ http://www.sanxion7.com ]::
Personal web page, including music and miscellaneous useful apps.
Powerdown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 15:09    

I agree with mikx. If all of these features are put into MT it would take months to get them working. And when they work they would be useless compared to the specialized programmes.
An undo feature would be great indeed though.

Powerdown

Where the sun blows, Hardcore goes.
So spoke the wise man.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
binärpilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 15:42    

everything that has been said already. undo would be ok apart from the fact that I sometime become a bit overconfident when the function is present and screw things up beyond the point of no return; so I might as well stick to saving often anyway. however, sample drawing... now that I would dance around happy, happy, happy to have back. drawn modules pwn (oh the memories).

<ot>
that avatar freaks me out. crazy dutch people.
</ot>

Fucking awesome music for ninjas in space and shit
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 18:19    

binärpilot wrote:
<ot>
that avatar freaks me out. crazy dutch people.
</ot>

Atleast we have a severe and elephant-heavy bureaucratic democracy. Take that, Lada-buying Bread-begging Stalin-groupie!

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
binärpilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 18:36    

I love it when you talk dirty to me, you filthy capitalist swine. you can take me out to dinner later. rawr.

Fucking awesome music for ninjas in space and shit
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
N0N

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 19:43    

if anything the wave editor needs a better sampler, if I create a wave in an empty instrument I gotta go through all the nonsence steps just to get it to play, like increase the instrument volume of the sample when that should already be up. and place it inside the instrument I created when It should already be there. and its the only reason why I use goldwave. cause its easier to record and save the file and load it up in madtracker then it is to record in madtracker and do all the steps to make the sample work.
that and you cannot record while the song is playing, that really really really sucks, and is honestly a huge fault in making madtracker a stand alone program. yes in general it is a stand alone but not when you have the easiest arranger on the planet right in front of you and half the features needed to make it the most productive. but still its a great product and love it regardless if i have to use goldwave or not.

later
n0n

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next