Forum
Suggestions
 XI loaded as samples
Reply to topic Post new topic  
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 14:34    
XI loaded as samples

Alright, I realize this may be a strange request, but it would be nice to load an XI file as a sample, if there's only one sample inside the XI... because I have a TON of XI files that are a single sample, and instead of having to load them as instruments, I think it would be useful to also have support to load them as a single, solitary sample.

::[ http://www.sanxion7.com ]::
Personal web page, including music and miscellaneous useful apps.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Powerdown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 15:03    

I think this has been discussed before, but indeed it would be nice to at least be able to get a preview listen for xi files. does anyone know wether this is coming soon or not??

Powerdown

Where the sun blows, Hardcore goes.
So spoke the wise man.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 15:15    
Re: XI loaded as samples

SaxxonPike wrote:
it would be nice to load an XI file as a sample, if there's only one sample inside the XI... because I have a TON of XI files that are a single sample, and instead of having to load them as instruments, I think it would be useful to also have support to load them as a single, solitary sample.

You should be able to do this with a file converter, "Awave" file converter should do the trick - dont know it it supports batch converting, though.

Martin
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Blaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22 2004 16:51    

Yes Awave supports batch converting and a lot of formats and it's useful to make instruments out of a collection of sampels.

Downside: it's shareware (30 day trial, after saving you must restart the app and you can't save so called collections. Full version is priced at $140, which is a bit high if you don't plan to use it often Sad

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SaxxonPike
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23 2004 19:49    

Bah, who knows. This could be another 15-minute programming project for me. Might end up having to create a page dedicated to tracker tools Razz

::[ http://www.sanxion7.com ]::
Personal web page, including music and miscellaneous useful apps.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour