Forum
Compo talk
 COMPO: Write me a chip-present & cheer me up! :D
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Mephi
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06 2004 17:39    

Elijah: that song was way better then mine.. even thoug i made my form only 1 instrument Razz
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06 2004 21:59    

Okay... Tomorrow comes results... I'm kinda busy...

http://www.souleye.se
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06 2004 23:43    

Buggah. No chance of getting an entry in now.

Might be a good thing... I don't think they were a happy lot of funky chickens. Rolling Eyes

Elijah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 02:03    

souleye wrote:
Okay... Tomorrow comes results... I'm kinda busy...

TOMORROW????????????????????? Razz

well.. it is YOUR birthday. have a beer for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D Vibe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 16:41    

Gee, I totally forgot about this. I will make you a present in efterskott.. Smile

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 17:43    
RESULTS!

Final standings:
----------------

Artist: Frazze
Title: Joy of life
Comment: Understanding that ultra-cute will place you ultra-high, Frazze easily wins this compo! Childishly happy and chippy, just as ordered! I wish I got more tunes like this... Nuff said!

-

Artist: TNK
Title: "Whatta fockin' french accent are you talking 'bout ? (Did you know I was among the best in english pronunciation at school ?!? Smile"
Comment: This song is like life; long stretches of boringness, and short bursts of joy. The main reason you keep going is that you know that sooner or later something funny will come along and make it worthwhile! The high placement is the bonus for including game music; SOMEBODY must have been READING UP on my musical interests and habits... *Points finger @ TNK* (The inspirational tunes are, as far as i could hear, in order: the French national theme, the Swedish national theme, Bubble Bobble, and in the end that world famous jingle called... well uh, I actually don't know where it's from or what it's called!)

-

Artist: PyroZane
Title: Happy Dance Tune
Comment: If this weren't a cuteness compo, you'd win! I liked this one musically! The samples sound good, arrangement is nice... It's energetic and fun to listen to, but... Not that happy, right?

-

Artist: Elijah
Title: march to death
Comment: Probably the song in the compo with the most work behind it; it's very long. I bet Nifflas will be leaping with joy upon hearing what can be done with his beloved 4CS! I'm impressed myself! Nice ambience, though a bit dark for this compo... And you ain't Lonestar!

-

Artist: Aximal
Title: 1 note fun
Comment: Hi Aximal! Thanks for the tune! Keep it up! Smile

-

Conclusion:
-----------

With my prize from the big Madtracker compo #3 (a CD with uhm... voices) coming by mail today (1 day after my b-day, close one Yan!), with Yannick's handwriting on it and all, things are looking better! (I now have his adress. Expect the worst... I know people... Who know people... Who are mean... Really mean... And have iron pipes... Just kidding... Or am I... Who knows... Who am I... Why do I type like this... *wtf*)

I'll wait for next year before i strap on my c4-packed jacket and take a ride on the bus. There will be no need to scrape the remains of my brains from the wall in 2004! I will just look out on the horizon from my balcony, and, perhaps most importantly, I will not bathe again.

Oh and yeah, if you want to check the tunes out yourself, click this link I prepared earlier:
http://souleye.madtracker.net/bday.zip

Thank you all for your presents, it was fun! Who's birthday is up next?

// SoulEye

Last edited by SoulEye on Tue Dec 07 2004 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 17:46    

[total nonsense that is caused by the fact that I didn't read the last paragraph that states where to get those tunes]

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 18:11    

Inge wrote:
[total nonsense that is caused by the fact that I didn't read the last paragraph that states where to get those tunes]

Inge

/me slaps Inge around a bit with a large slimy trout

Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 18:21    

Dancing
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 19:16    
A new compo starts already !

souleye wrote:

Poulidor rulezzzzzz !!! Smile (Note for those who do not know Poulidor : Poulidor was a bycycle runner who always ended 2nd at the Tour de France)

BTW, I'll turn 30 (bye bye little 2 at the beginning of my age) on March 29th, 2005 and I like pop and dance stuff with lotsa vocals Smile

So even if you've been kicked out of the Pop idol contest, you can try your luck at the tNKmADiDOL compo that has it's deadline on my birthday. Please, do *NOT* send the .mp3 / .ogg / .mt2 files to my address, but just a link to the song I'll download as soon as possible.

As for Souleye's compo, there is no planned prize yet (maybe a whole CD of me singing in english...but will this motivate anyone to enter the compo ? Smile ), but I'll consider something original. Not something expensive (unless someone can tell me the numbers that will come out in the national lottery next friday), but for sure something original.

Hook up your mics, heat up your trackers, and make me forget I'll become ooollllllldddd in less than 4 months !

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Mephi
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 20:35    

wow... its even amazing that you took my song in the compo..

yes.. i suck at tracking
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 23:00    
Re: RESULTS!

souleye wrote:

Artist: PyroZane
Title: Happy Dance Tune

Really amazing song you made here PyroZane, my favorite in this compo. The author of 4cycles should use this one as demo song of what can be done with his synth (and madtracker of course!)

/TNK

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)
PyroZane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 16:12    

Thanks for the nice feedback Very Happy
I just tried to make a happy song in 2 hours, and I guess I failed at that Crying or Very sad

I bet nifflas have made better songs than mine, with the samples anyway?Smile

http://pyrozane.madtracker.net/
Elijah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11 2004 21:05    
Re: RESULTS!

Artist: Frazze
Title: Joy of life
Comment: Understanding that ultra-cute will place you ultra-high, Frazze easily wins this compo! Childishly happy and chippy, just as ordered! I wish I got more tunes like this... Nuff said!

I agree... Frazze... nice job

Title: "Whatta fockin' french accent are you talking 'bout ? (Did you know I was among the best in english pronunciation at school ?!? Smile"
Comment: This song is like life; long stretches of boringness, and short bursts of joy. The main reason you keep going is that you know that sooner or later something funny will come along and make it worthwhile! The high placement is the bonus for including game music; SOMEBODY must have been READING UP on my musical interests and habits... *Points finger @ TNK* (The inspirational tunes are, as far as i could hear, in order: the French national theme, the Swedish national theme, Bubble Bobble, and in the end that world famous jingle called... well uh, I actually don't know where it's from or what it's called!)

Sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mephi
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17 2004 13:21    

Actually i think that last song that came in, psypuls - cyclefs, was pretty amazing! good use of effects and nice beat going on and on. like the shifting of the beat too! just amazing.. like a game tune! reminds me of one of the levels of chipndales the game for nintendo. nice work on that one. my favourite!

meh = Aximal
http://home.no/aximal
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 3 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next