MadTracker.org
Forum - TNK's 30th birthday vocalsong compo
 Forum
Compo talk
 TNK's 30th birthday vocalsong compo
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
TNK / ATK project

Location: Village-Neuf, France (Dont's search on the map, it's tiny...)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07 2004 22:53    
TNK's 30th birthday vocalsong compo

Hi madtrackers,

After our local "Dr Chipman" Souleye's birthday compo, here comes the time to announce mine. Altough my birthday is not right tomorrow, I prefer to let you some time to make your entry and therefore I'm anouncing it early enough.

So for those who did not get the sad news yet, I'll lose my cute little "2" that starts my age number for a much less cool "3" on March 29th, 2005, the very day I'll turn 30 and become an ooooollllddd man (still too far from the pension to think seriously about it). So as you can guess, the compo deadline will be March 29th, 2005, but starts already now, so submit me your entry at any time you wish from now on to March 29th, 2005 00:00 CET.

I see you all wondering : And what's that compo about ? Simple, you all know the famous I-wanna-be-a-singer reality TV program "Pop Idol", I'm starting the first ever "Mad Idol" contest !

You know, For the last couple of year, I made myself "(in?)famous" with my 100% full vocals songs, and now it's gonna be your turn to grab the mic and to do me a 100% sung track (Of course, the backtrack can be more classical tracked stuff).

If you really do not want to sing, you can ask your (girl)friend(s) ("s" does not apply to girlfriend...I hope so atleast!) to sing on it, but still I'ld prefer to hear your voice.

Autotune or any known or to be discovered way to process your voice is allowed too.

Your song must be 100% copyrighted sample free, especially in the vocal part (I know that real singers sing well - atleast some of them - so it's pointless to sample their singing)

Musically you're free to do whatever genre you wish, but some funny and creative pop/dance/r&b/mainstreamradio(crap?) stuff or something like this would for sure do it better (Souleye can of course do a sung chipsong !). The song length should be between 2 and 4 minutes.

You can sing in any language you want, but I'ld prefer entries in the following languages :
- French (do it if you can ! Smile )
- English
- German (Ja vohl, Deutsch verstehe ich auch Smile )
- Spanish
- Italian
- Your native language / some imaginary language.
- Well, whatever you want...

Please also try to submit me the lyrics of the song, and if they are not in French, English or German, a translation of them in any of those languages.

Submit your entries in any (or even several) of those formats : .mp3, .ogg, .mt2, .it, .xm, .s3m, .mod
* DO NOT * send me the files directly, but just a link to some place online where I can download it from.
The official submission e-mail is : philmeis[at]wanadoo.fr - Subject : 30th birthday vocalsong compo.

I already see some of you wondering if there will be prizes. Well, I don't know yet, but there may be some, that could go from a CD of me singing in english (if the winning entry really sucks, this will be the prize, so save your ears and track something cool !) to more interesting stuff (Like your track(s) being submitted to professionnal singers who could include it in their show and get you some money out of it ! Smile ), or if someone can give me in time the right numbers of the next friday's Euro-million lottery, the winner will get 1/5th of what I'll earn through it (this roughly means $2.000.000 ... but don't really count on it!).

The jury will be me and my friends, but maybe more people will join the jury (singers,...).

There will also be a subsidiary 2nd compo that will consist in writing the longest and funniest song message ever (to be included in the song message of your .mt2, in the description field of your mp3/ogg or to be included on a separate text file...allowed languages : French, English and German)

OK, 'nuff said. Grab your mics, heat up your trackers and let me hear your beautiful voices before march 29th, 2005 !
Happy tracking...and singing !

Switzerland : #1 earthquake provider! (Bootyshakin' Willhelm Tell ?!?)

Last edited by TNK / ATK project on Tue Mar 01 2005 19:34; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
mikx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 05:27    

TNK wrote:
..if someone can give me in time the right numbers of the next friday's Euro-million lottery, the winner will get 1/5th of what I'll earn through it..

haha, you'd think that if someone could predict the numbers to the lottery, they'd keep it to themselves and then keep the large sum of money too?! Razz

the compo sounds like fun though! Wink
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 12:34    

Ohhhhohohohoh, yess! Dancing

So, we just pick a genre, sing stuff (or get someone to sing stuff), make sure it's funny, and submit?

Fantastic! I know just the person for this. Mr. Green

TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 16:55    

mikx wrote:

haha, you'd think that if someone could predict the numbers to the lottery, they'd keep it to themselves and then keep the large sum of money too?! Razz

Some people are not interested in money. I don't know who they are, but they sure must exist...somewhere.

mikx wrote:
the compo sounds like fun though! Wink

I'm therefore expecting you to enter.

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:
Ohhhhohohohoh, yess! Dancing

So, we just pick a genre, sing stuff (or get someone to sing stuff), make sure it's funny, and submit?

Funny or mainstreamradio alike. This means that your song should sound like a #1 charts stuff, or be creative and funny (or both of course).

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:

Don't YOU want to sing ?

Elijah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 18:11    

[quote="TNK / ATK project"]
mikx wrote:

mainstreamradio alike.

so basically, your going to try to make money off our songs by releasing them on the radio, getting a record deal, and so on?

Razz Twisted Evil

ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Wink

- Elijah
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SoulEye
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 18:23    
hmmm.....

.... A sung chiptune... The cogwheels of the machinery in my brains are slowly starting to turn.... <mad scientist voice> Iiiiiiiiinteeeeereeeeesting.... </mad scientist voice>

http://www.souleye.se
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 18:33    

Elijah wrote:
so basically, your going to try to make money off our songs by releasing them on the radio, getting a record deal, and so on?ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Wink

Hehe...
If you protect your track correctly, I could try but would for sure fail.

But indeed, if your tracks are ultra cool, I could have them heard by some people I work with that could bring them to radio, to a record deal or so on...but in this case, I wouldn't make a single penny out of it but you'll be on the way to get the big money !!!

/TNK

CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 23:26    

TNK / ATK project wrote:
CHICAGO子ollie wrote:

Don't YOU want to sing ?

Hell no!

*can't sing for chicken feed*

Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 23:42    

<william shatner voice> Frere a.... jacques a.... Frere a... Jacques a... Dormez... Vous... dormez vous... </william shatner voice>

obviously, I can't sing either....

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"

Last edited by Jesse Moore on Thu Dec 09 2004 01:38; edited 1 time in total
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08 2004 23:57    

I know that singing in front of a public - even a virtual one like here - needs guts (Check out my MT compo 3 entry - http://www.madtracker.org/compo/entries/big3/tnk_caillean___turntheskyallblue.rar - and ask yourself if you would have had the guts of entering the MT compo 3 with THAT song !), but believe me, even if you are the worst singer of all times (which is impossible, as I am it!) , no one will kill you if you sing badly, and it's very funny to sing in a track.

If you really still do not dare to sing, you can of course ask someone else to sing in it for you (but I'ld prefer to hear YOUR voice!).

Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 2004 00:37    

TNK, you sing ok. At least if that's your voice in Spam Mania Wink

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 2004 00:45    

Blaster wrote:
TNK, you sing ok.

That's not what my friends say ! (nor the mt2 compo juries Sad ). When I compare my singing to some pro or semi-pro singers I know, the difference is obvious !

Blaster wrote:
At least if that's your voice in Spam Mania Wink

Yep, it's mine (where did you get my "Spam Mania" BTW ?)

Blaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 2004 01:45    

well I thought it was ok, at least I like spam mania Smile

and where I got em from, well do you have a soundclick page or something like that? They played at mt-radio before the compo results this year and I downloaded them somewhere. I remember that you gave a link in irc.

united trackers
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sonic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 2004 18:43    

fun idea! Very Happy good luck
View user's journal Send private message
TNK / ATK project

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09 2004 18:50    

sonic wrote:
fun idea! Very Happy good luck

You did some awesome vocalized tracks. So don't bother entering !

Blaster wrote:
well I thought it was ok, at least I like spam mania Smile

and where I got em from, well do you have a soundclick page or something like that? They played at mt-radio before the compo results this year and I downloaded them somewhere. I remember that you gave a link in irc.

Yep, that's possible. I probably gave you the besonic link but as besonic is down now Sad ... And indeed, it's up on soundclick.com/tnk too...I didn't even remember I had it up there (BTW, several full vocalized songs of mine are available there).

Best regards, TNK

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next