Forum
Website
 Website move & hosting
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
CHICAGO¤lollie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25 2003 05:05    

Sunbuster wrote:
hmmm, I'm wondering what I should put on my page (if I decide to take the space) Rolling Eyes Perhaps some chocolate cake for Lollie Wink

Yes yes, I think chocolate cake would be appropriate...
Just... one thing... LEMME EAT IT!!!!
...please? Smile
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
andrespereyda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25 2003 07:19    

O.k. so I have my webpage (sorry if I'm ignorant) and I started---my webpage is "blank" right now---and I started learning from HTMLgoodies.com, but am I supposed to wait for Dax909 or Yannick...it's nice of them to even make this madtracker thing and webhosting...but am I supposed to wait for someone to make some sort of setup for my page, or how do I upload an HTML source code, or should I, or do I have links, or is it all one page with pix and song download links, or am I just crazy???!!!

Sorry, just wanted to express---

PLEASE TEACH ME, if you have time. It's not thee most important thing!

I am just still a little lost--->but thanks anyway for any help/knowledge

The [nations] and the [U.N.] will hate the [world empire of false religion] and will make her devestated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.-Revelation 17:16
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Daxx909

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25 2003 10:17    

You don't have to do anything, excepy upload your songs and their description files (for example: song.mt2 and song.mt2.desc).

The standard page (which you don't even have to upload) will look like this: http://www.i4games.net/downloads.php?dir=ut, but with a Madtracker layout of course!

Just wait and when that standard page is ready, you'll be able to visit your own homepage!

After all is said and done, more is said than done.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25 2003 21:03    

Daxx909 wrote:
You don't have to do anything, excepy upload your songs and their description files (for example: song.mt2 and song.mt2.desc).

The standard page (which you don't even have to upload) will look like this: http://www.i4games.net/downloads.php?dir=ut, but with a Madtracker layout of course!

Just wait and when that standard page is ready, you'll be able to visit your own homepage!

Neat!

Been browsing through some pages which is alrady done, will be fun to see what results this will have in the new music section.

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25 2003 23:52    

TOffe wrote:
Been browsing through some pages which is alrady done, will be fun to see what results this will have in the new music section.

Guess we will be in need of quite some reviewers. I'm getting asdl next month, so I could do some more, but the amount of entries will start to rise. There might be some considerations made concerning structuralising reviews, because otherwise the amount will drown in its own stream. I might open a new thread for this if any replies are made.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 08:23    

hmm, might be a good idea. Get some sort of guidelines for reviews, like they have at homemusic.cc...
TmX
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 10:30    
offtopic?

This might be alittle bit offtopic but anyway.

I noticed today that the index page must be named index.html and not htm. Perhaps that can be fixed so index.htm also autoloads ?
This might be just a stupid little thing that is easy to fix but Im used to only make my sites with htm extention as Ive always done and perhaps more ppl think and do as me.

Also, does the webserver support scripts like cgi or asp/php pages ?

Not that i need that but its nice to know.

Cheers
//tmx
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 12:14    
Re: offtopic?

TmX wrote:

I noticed today that the index page must be named index.html and not htm. Perhaps that can be fixed so index.htm also autoloads ?

Well as always i have a simple yet painfully obvious solution for you. here's what I do!
Step 1: Make my web pages, all of them ending in .htm
Step 2: I remember to make the index page end with .html
Presto! Problem solved!

cheers,
~Enon

*Enonimis does not actually endorse solutions. Parental advisory suggested.

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daxx909

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26 2003 12:25    

TmX wrote:

Also, does the webserver support scripts like cgi or asp/php pages ?

Only when you pay for it... or if you need it for a community-feature Wink like the Madtracker User Gallery!

After all is said and done, more is said than done.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27 2003 08:08    

Enonimis wrote:
TmX wrote:

Well as always i have a simple yet painfully obvious solution for you. here's what I do!
Step 1: Make my web pages, all of them ending in .htm
Step 2: I remember to make the index page end with .html
Presto! Problem solved!

cheers,
~Enon

*Enonimis does not actually endorse solutions. Parental advisory suggested.

Thanks for your reply Enon. My index page was working before I made my previous post here.
So my post was to point out that this _could_ be a little problem for those who are not used to making home pages. Its not obvious if your dont know.
It _is_ easy to fix by your self just as you sayd but one would have to know what the problem is first dont you think.
--------------

Daxx909>> Thanks for the info, its good to know Smile
Enonimis
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27 2003 20:15    

I see where you're coming from now TmX. It took me a whole 5 minutes of confused staring to figure out that index.htm wouldn't work. Which, had someone taught me the secret before hand, those 5 minutes could have been spent on drinking.

cheers,
~Enon

If you do not agree with my opinions, you are wrong. If you do agree with my opinions you are drunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://elrick-enonimis.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andrespereyda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 00:49    

andrespereyda wrote:
BTW: my stupip free AOL browser gives me "INVALID INFORMATION" errors when I try to sent a message...

And I keep getting script errors on my browser whenever I go to any madtracker page. Do you know why and what I should do to stop my errors?

The [nations] and the [U.N.] will hate the [world empire of false religion] and will make her devestated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.-Revelation 17:16
BrokenCitadel
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30 2003 01:56    

You should stop using the stupid AOL browser... Wink

-BC-

Master Wu says: "Man who stands on toilet, is high on pot.."
View user's journal Send private message MSN Messenger
TmX
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2003 14:31    

Enonimis wrote:
I see where you're coming from now TmX. It took me a whole 5 minutes of confused staring to figure out that index.htm wouldn't work. Which, had someone taught me the secret before hand, those 5 minutes could have been spent on drinking.

cheers,
~Enon

Well now when I checked the "problem" lies within the madtracker.net top frame as it points to "index.html"

Not really a problem per see but web hosts usually accept both extentions since its tied to your browser. as you might know both index.xxxx and main.xxxx auto loads if nothing is specified in the url (blah.bla.com/???)
andrespereyda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15 2003 04:03    
My webpage

How do I upload my music to my webpage?

Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 4 of 5 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next