Announcements
 MadTracker 2.5 RC5
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 12:03    

Very nice!

Only with Synth1 and drumatic3 you can create almost everything!... ok synth1 isn't very complex, but it's almost a nordlead! (discodps discovery = a nordlead)
(btw,.. All software sounds different than hardware...so don't expect the world Smile)

Great Update Y!

Last edited by xiphiuz on Wed Dec 29 2004 12:21; edited 1 time in total
View user's journal Send private message
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 12:20    
np

Yannick wrote:
Thanks! Smile

Let's not forget thoose who participated to this RC:

mindplay for the EQ code and the testing
Inge for the help (in both meanings)
and all the beta-testers especially xiphiuz, SoulEye and TOffe who have been active when I needed it the most.

Yannick

At your service Razz
goose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 12:58    

Nice. Very Happy

I like the new cursor position clicking stuff and the pattern sequence editor gets better.

Overall - good and stable.

Thanks

But - why have you bundled the Ohm stuff that is basically unusable, as it only lasts 6 hours or something?

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 13:43    
Good job!

nice release! Smile Have to agree with Goose on the Ohm stuff, though.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
LogicDeLuxe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 14:15    

I agree, too. There should be no crippled demos.
Shareware is okay, but only if there are no limitations in functionality at all.
Raz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 18:29    

Thanks Yannick, and the rest that helped out! Very Happy
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Powerdown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 20:03    

It is great Yannick.

If I right click on the pattern and select solo. the track names won't change color.

What I would like to see though is the option to create categories for the vst's. This would help a lot in categorizing the vst's.

BTW: why won't RC5 put vst's that begin with the same letter under a different menu. (I mean all the A's together etc.)

Powerdown

Where the sun blows, Hardcore goes.
So spoke the wise man.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29 2004 23:57    

Powerdown wrote:
What I would like to see though is the option to create categories for the vst's. This would help a lot in categorizing the vst's.

You can create custom categories. Just go to the Plugins tab of the configuration screen. There, select any VST plugin that you wish to assign a custom category to. Then leftclick on the white area right of 'category', and fill in a custom category name. This category will then be added.

Powerdown wrote:
BTW: why won't RC5 put vst's that begin with the same letter under a different menu. (I mean all the A's together etc.)

This system is indeed a bit vague. For characters that are listed with a lot of plugins, a different menu is made. For characters with little plugins, no menu is made. Confusing is the fact that sometimes a different menu is made for only one plugin. Yannick: is there any routine underneath this system?

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
pucone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 00:55    
config crash

when i enter the config menu, it inevitably causes a terrible crash. i get an endless series of 'violation d'access al'addresse....' error messages and have to shut down mt2 from the task manager.

im using windows 2000 .. any ideas?
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 01:00    
Re: config crash

pucone wrote:
when i enter the config menu, it inevitably causes a terrible crash. i get an endless series of 'violation d'access al'addresse....' error messages and have to shut down mt2 from the task manager.

im using windows 2000 .. any ideas?

Yes. Try a complete clean install (so remove mt via the add/remove programs window in the configuration screen, and then re-install MT).

Chances are that you can't solve it though. It's a well-known bug that caused Yannick to stop sleeping. I have the same problem here, but only once in 20 sessions.

Please post the exact content of the error message here (so both the codes that you see), and describe when it happened (so after which chain of actions). That way, Yannick can look up the code and check what causes it (and hence solve it). Thanks in advance for that.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Yannick
MadTracker Author

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 01:07    

I'll make a special thread about this bug in the bug forum. Please post any relevant information there.

(Let's keep the announcement thread for the cheering Mr. Green)

Yannick

Update: here is the thread about that bug.
Gen-X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 09:42    

Hey, this is a great done job of tracker software. I’ve now register my version, but waiting for the email, hope it don’t take so long time…

Not a bug in 2.5 RC5 I thing but some question I have:
I’m working with a roland E-15 keyboard. In the normal tracking mode MIDI Out works fine for me, but is there a possibility to do some latency time for the MIDI signals? I want to play the MIDI tracks some ms later, seems my keyboard is to fast for my soundcard Wink

When I work in the Rewire mode with Traktion as master and Reason / Madtracker as slave, Madtracker ignores / don’t send any MIDI out signals, so my Keyboard or Reason don’t get any MIDI in signals. It would be great if this would work, thinging about the possibilitys to control a Reason rack with Madtracker via MIDI, doing the time sync trough Rewire, using Traktion for some loops & filters.

BTW:
For all who want to test or work with rewire, traktion is now for free with 2 licences: http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Free-Traktion.html
but hurry. Offer Ends 12/31/2004

Grez,
GenX
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail
BeatMax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 15:15    

Hi Pucone,

the pattern follow button is the second button in the lower left corner. (c-4 green arrow pointing down).

BMX

-----------------------------------------------
B E A T M A X
Madtracker-Tutorial - Personal Releases
http://beatmax.madtracker.net
https://soundcloud.com/beatmax_prediction
-----------------------------------------------
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 15:54    

Looking nice this new release Smile So far, everything has worked just fine, haven't had time to do much testing yet though...

One question: is there a way to quickly reset a fader or knobs position to default (100% for faders in the mixer for instance)? In ProTools for instance when you ALT+click a fader it gets reset to default. To me this little feature would be very usefull Wink

Another neato thing, which ProTools has, would be the possibility to create groups of tracks (at least in the mixer). So you'd be able to control the volume of all your drums for instance with one fader (and thus it would be much easier to adjust drumvolume in relation to leads for instance). But perhaps such a feature is for future versions? Wink

But still, great release, agree on the colorcode of knobs though Smile
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30 2004 22:05    

Sunbuster wrote:

Another neato thing, which ProTools has, would be the possibility to create groups of tracks (at least in the mixer). So you'd be able to control the volume of all your drums for instance with one fader (and thus it would be much easier to adjust drumvolume in relation to leads for instance). But perhaps such a feature is for future versions? Wink

This would indeed be a nice feature! Perhaps even group automation !? Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next