Forum - My comments on the partymusic review
 Forum
Music talk
 My comments on the partymusic review
Reply to topic Post new topic  
vfgdfg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13 2003 06:33    
My comments on the partymusic review

First I want to thank mr. David for the time for downloading the song and reviewing it, but I must say that I was a little shocked by the review.

Here are my comments.

Quote:

Kick ass party music is certainly not the flavour of this track, its a piano piece infact.

True.

Quote:

Its fairly well tracked with delays trying to engineer the ntaural piano key moevements of a real pianist, all though some seem to be in the wrong place, and makes the track sound like its just being played by someone who is not an acomplished pianist, I am saying that if the work is tracked, then the result should sound perfect, not that the author should be a pianist, don't get mixed up there.

I disagree. Imo it is almost impossible to do such song if you are not a pianistist or otherwise somesort of music genious. I admit that more time could have been spent on it but there's limit to everything, I don't want to spend weeks composing a piano piece so I can say "Look at me, I spent weeks composing a piano piece".
The song was good enough to me, play it to average listener from CD, he/she won't recognize the flaws you did.

Quote:

The track swings in and out of little melodies, but to be honest I've heard a lot better style of track, such as Old England by Dr Awesome, and also the fabulous Guitar & Flute by the same. You need a strong melody to keep the listener wanting to hear the track again. I know it can work, as I still listen to the two tracks mentioned above to this day, and they were tracked in Protracker on the Amiga.

I disagree once again.
If you ever heard classical music other than Awesome's songs you mentioned you should know that classical music is not exactly about "catchy melody". I'm not saying that I know classical music very well, but I know that much that when I drive to work at the morning, I sometimes listen to classical radiostation instead of those teeny-barby-crap channels with Britney Spears on it. It is simply because the music is so much different, it is suprising, you'll never know what happens next. The melodies certainly are so different than the Britney Spears ones, they do not follow any formulas. It is also quite relaxing to listen.

I haven't heard these songs you mentioned but I find it bit unfair to start comparing my piece to someone other's piece (especially Lynne's). You can point me to one of your songs and I'm sure I (or someone other) can find you a better one, but I dunno what good that would do.
I understand that you are saying, that you still listen those pieces you mentioned, but will delete mine. That's ok. I wasn't exactly expecting anyone to burn it to CD and throw he's other CDs away or anything similiar. I just did the song for fun, for change from what I normally do. I submitted it because it turned out good enough imo.

Quote:

I would assume that with more Tracking experience, vfgdfg (nice name), will be able to do a little bit more to make the track everlasting, as far as modules on my harddrive anyway.

My first module was in protracker, I've tracked over 10 years and come up with a song or two on that time so I'm sure this is not about tracking experience.

My old nick used to be "Fantti" but I got tired to other people with same name coming to me saying "You stole my name" and one day when irc wanted me to replace my nick cause it was already in use I quickly typed out a random series a letters which has been my nick since.

Quote:

Nice work.

Basicly I just wanted somebody to listen the song and say this when I submitted the song so thank you for that.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
mikx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14 2003 01:21    

Quote:

My old nick used to be "Fantti" but I got tired to other people with same name coming to me saying "You stole my name" and one day when irc wanted me to replace my nick cause it was already in use I quickly typed out a random series a letters which has been my nick since.

hahahah!! Very Happy

-mikx
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour