Forum
Announcements
 Reviewers needed!
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Fri May 27 2005 15:43    

TSPjustice wrote:
Hmm I would like to review, however i dont think i would qualify Crying or Very sad I sometimes already have problems with the automation settings, so i better keep my mouth shut about those with-all-kinds-of-complicated-weird-tough-looking-codes-and-strange-effects-with-parameters-i-never-used songs! Wink

well the reviewing in the end is more about what it sounds like, not what hex-codes have been used to get to that sound. Of course it'll help if you can give exact suggestions as to what should be made different, but in the end it's the sound that is important. So if you feel you're up to the task, why not do a couple of quality reviews to the music section, then see if Yannick will have you Wink I'd suggest reading through some of the reviews from the previous compos also, then you'll have an idea of what is expected of you in case you do become a judge (in which case don't worry, you won't have to go through all songs like a bitch like I did (Unless you want to of course...) Wink )
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri May 27 2005 17:23    

Most reviews I wrote for the yearly compo's were done without actually looking at the song inside MadTracker. What counts, is that you have the ability to differentiate the poor from the talented, and the ability to actually describe what is good and bad in terms that others than yourself can comprehend.

Ergo: broad knowledge about music, clear intuitions about what is good and bad (as subjective as it might be), and the vocabulary to describe what the music does in your head. Easy as that, actually.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2