Forum
Suggestions
 Higher quality samples
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Surferboy
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22 2005 10:07    
Higher quality samples

Was just wondering if it's possible to introduce the possibility to use up to 32-bit 48000 hz stereosamples in Madtracker? An other great option would be to get the possibility to export all tracks separately to wave-files without having to to his time-consuming process manually (for mastering purposes).

Again, thnaks for a great program.

Regards

David
View user's journal Send private message
sheepoid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 09:31    

I agree. I have shedloads of 24-bit samples (the magazine 'Computer Music' comes with a DVD-ROM packed with samples, many of them at 24-bit quality). Unfortunately, we have to degrade them down to 16 bit because MadTracker can't handle them (Renoise can Very Happy ). Some will argue that there isn't much tangible difference between 24 and 16-bit samples - but that would go against most articles that I've read about pro-quality music production. They all say that we should keep the maximum possible bit-depth right up until the final mastering stage, then dither down to 16 bit.

-- sheepoid
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 10:22    

most people won´t hear the difference...
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 10:36    

xiphiuz wrote:
most people won´t hear the difference...

Assumably, no one will hear the difference initially. This difference might become audible one you start processing your songs though. The higher the resolution, the better the signal-to-noise ratio (and other unwanted artefacts) will be.

I would like 24 bit support for this purpose. It widens the possible userbase of MadTracker.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 11:12    

True,

But I think that it´s only nescesary when using outboard gear via analog cables etc, headroom becomes important then, that´s why I have a 24bit digital mixer instead of a 16bit)

And, most plugins work at 32bit or 64bit internal that should allready help I guess, correct me if I am wrong Smile
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 11:14    

But once again, more bits, more accuracy... in theory, but most people won´t hear it. (everyone has a mp3 player, while the quality sucks, quantity is the keyword there(more!MORE! trax), not quality...)
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 11:21    

What about producing audio for DVDs - they can play higher samplerates, right? I think higher quality audio will become more usual. Not neccessarily because its "more" audable, but because its sells stereos. Like REM who just released their old songs on dvd with remixed 5.1 versions. One could argue that its silly to produce higher quality audio because of the audible limitations - but I`m pretty sure that whatever the music industry and the pros will produce and sell we would want to produce with our favorite tracker.Smile

Happy Easter - God Påske, kylle kylle.
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 11:30    

True, true, the customers want it as well...
Hypes! hehe..

About hypes:
Listen to albums like Coldplay, you can easily pick out which one was done with protools and which one was done with an analog desk. Protools is one big hype as well...

The analog album sounds better
(imho)
Happy Easter!
Walter Vos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 11:30    

DVD Audio and SACD are gonna flop man. They are said to make a difference, i havent heard them yet, SACD goes up to 100 kHz. This also means having to buy a new amplifier and speakers. That's not what the general public is going to do. They'd much rather listen to mp3 cd.

what is hip?

www.waltervos.nl
xiphiuz
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24 2005 12:03    

Offtopic:

The best SACD player doesn´t beat the best CD (20 years of optimizing) player right now. It can be beaten, but it will take a few years...

Even the Philips CD100 and CD200 have better chips than most new cd players(they are from 1986 or something)
psychoelements
User

PostPosted: Fri May 06 2005 08:55    

//edit by Inge: I removed the capitalization of the entire text. Try not to use capitals for all your words. The MadTracker forum is not an AOL instant messenger.

I definately agree with everybody..but...i was wondering if madtracker 3 can come out with more urban(hip hop samples)more bassdrums,snares, bass-synths,and more variety of strings..that'll be awesome...not many ppl use madtracker for that genre of music...hip-hop rap instrumentals....madtracker is the best when it comes to making a hit record.....so i look forward to that... Laughing :p Wink Idea :d Idea Idea Idea Idea

hey i hope this is the best way for people to discover my raw talent...fresh out of the skillz..
i can rock the mic stat..i can do it all but the problem is i cant afford the gear.(equipment)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Fri May 06 2005 12:41    

Psychoelements: we had a thread some months back about the samplepack that is shipped with MadTracker 2.5. If you have sounds that you think should be included, then please contact me via inge@madtracker.org. I'll see if there's room for more variety in the samplepack that is bundled with MadTracker.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
psychoelements
User

PostPosted: Sat May 07 2005 06:27    

ok thanx i'll get back to that as soon as possible.. Razz Laughing

hey i hope this is the best way for people to discover my raw talent...fresh out of the skillz..
i can rock the mic stat..i can do it all but the problem is i cant afford the gear.(equipment)
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour