View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
QBical

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24 2005 09:14    

Seek and you shall find...

Grtz
Raymond

PC: P4 HT 3ghz, 1gb ram, 500GB+ Storage, plextor DVD-rw, M-audo Audiophile 2496
Laptop: Apple Powerbook G4 15inch
Other Stuff: Phonic MU802 mixer, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 Monitors, Ipod 2nd gen. 20GB, maxtor firewire HD 80GB
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
ChaK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30 2005 19:34    

QBical wrote:

Grtz
Raymond

OMG how i like people like you for who it`s essential to write messages. Even if they are absolutele help free and so senseless.

I have problems to find a panning feature too. If you are talkign about the instrument panning, then pleace explain me how i could send a percussion sample that keeps repeadingly played to make a nice left - right spinning.

Or do you mean the panning effekt number (even for that i have to seek in the manual now) where you have to give 64 manual positions in hexadecimal ?

Thank you for an explanation that makes sense!

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30 2005 19:40    

ChaK wrote:
QBical wrote:

Grtz
Raymond

OMG how i like people like you for who it`s essential to write messages. Even if they are absolutele help free and so senseless.

I have problems to find a panning feature too. If you are talkign about the instrument panning, then pleace explain me how i could send a percussion sample that keeps repeadingly played to make a nice left - right spinning.

Or do you mean the panning effekt number (even for that i have to seek in the manual now) where you have to give 64 manual positions in hexadecimal ?

Thank you for an explanation that makes sense!

I see your point, but it doesn't seem completely true. The panning and automation are dependent of the VST plugin, and cannot be indicated in a de facto manner. Furthermore, it's not exactly the first time this is asked and answered.

Just to make sure: http://inge.madtracker.org/vst.htm#automatingplugins

That should explain everything. As a summary: VST panning is only possible if the VST plugin itself has a parameter to set it.

Hope this helps.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ChaK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30 2005 19:55    

Inge wrote:

I see your point, but it doesn't seem completely true. The panning and automation are dependent of the VST plugin, and cannot be indicated in a de facto manner. Furthermore, it's not exactly the first time this is asked and answered.

Just to make sure: http://inge.madtracker.org/vst.htm#automatingplugins

That should explain everything. As a summary: VST panning is only possible if the VST plugin itself has a parameter to set it.

Hope this helps.

Inge

Hm hm ... who talked about vst`s here ?
I knew about that, thank you. I want panning for samples, and not only inside the sample instrument (where it counts up to 323 and not 64, whatever that means). Also I have a hard time catching those little squares on my 1280x1024 tft tough ...

View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30 2005 21:55    

ChaK wrote:

My own ignorance, I'm afraid. My apologies.

ChaK wrote:
I knew about that, thank you. I want panning for samples, and not only inside the sample instrument (where it counts up to 323 and not 64, whatever that means). Also I have a hard time catching those little squares on my 1280x1024 tft tough ...

Yup. This feature has been asked for a plethora of times. I personally would definately favour a panning slider inside the mixer that can be automated. Yannick, on the other hand, doesn't think so. Since he's the coder, he is the one that should get convinced of this. He'll read this thread though, and I hope that this one will him pull over the threshold of doing this.

Inge

Care for a game of Monopoly?
D Vibe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30 2005 22:52    

Inge wrote:
ChaK wrote:

My own ignorance, I'm afraid. My apologies.

ChaK wrote:

Yup. This feature has been asked for a plethora of times. I personally would definately favour a panning slider inside the mixer that can be automated. Yannick, on the other hand, doesn't think so. Since he's the coder, he is the one that should get convinced of this. He'll read this thread though, and I hope that this one will him pull over the threshold of doing this.

Inge

.. or maybe he should concentrate on finalizing MT3 instead of turning MT2 into MT3 Smile.

.. and getting our wave exports to work Very Happy; although this last mentioned thing is pretty easy I guess. I guess Yannick is away today doing private stuffs which we don't have anything to do with, and therefore haven't had time to fix it yet.

/Daniel

https://www.dvibe.se
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT + 1 Hour