Forum - MadTracker 2.3.0 RC 1
 Forum
General discussion
 MadTracker 2.3.0 RC 1
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 10:43    

I'm using PC-cillin, and I was just about to click it when it said a virus had been detected! Sad I don't wanna risk anything, but I don't wanna be the last MadTracker to see the improvements
View user's journal Send private message Visit poster's website
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:03    

CHICAGO子ollie wrote:
I'm using PC-cillin, and I was just about to click it when it said a virus had been detected! Sad I don't wanna risk anything, but I don't wanna be the last MadTracker to see the improvements

I run Norton 2003 professional and I updated it last night. And I haven't found a single thing about any virus fromlatest madtracker. Yes, I also started to reinstall mt2.3, nothing. Are you sure it couldn't be any other file, and what was the name of the virus?

http://www.sonitusmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/meltic

"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:25    

I downloaded the .exe again, and this time did a scan of the file with f-secure, it showed up empty, no viruses found. I also did a google on BKDR_REVERSE.20, it came up with three hits, two were virus lists from some program, one was a french page so I didn't understand what it said, but I think it was a virus list also. So what to conclude, I don't know, it could be a virus. But the fact that there now seem to have been at least two up to date and well respected programs (TOffe's Norton and my F-secure) that didn't find the virus, plus only three hits on the name on google, suggests that this virus isn't something to take very seriously. After all, would it kill HDD's I think there'd be a bit more hits on the google search than three... So my suggestion, download the .exe again, see if the same problem still is there. If yes, try to update your virus program, and try with a different virus program. If it's still there then I don't know what to say. If no, well, then it was some glitch in the system Smile
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Daxx909

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:32    

I've downloaded today, scanned with Panda Antivirus Titanium; no virusses detected.

Also... when I doubleclick on track labels (Track 00, Track 01, etc), I can't enter a track name. Double-clicking mutes and un-mutes the track.

I *can* enter a name when clicking in the mixer... so no real problem I guess.

After all is said and done, more is said than done.
View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:46    

Ok, here's a dialogue box of it:
http://au.geocities .com/chicagolollie/mtvirus.JPG
Remove the space

Threatening or not, it's still a virus
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 12:51    

Daxx909 wrote:

Also... when I doubleclick on track labels (Track 00, Track 01, etc), I can't enter a track name. Double-clicking mutes and un-mutes the track.

The track nameing will only be done in the mixer, it's the history that should be updated for 2.3.0

View user's journal Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 16:34    

Grisoft's AVG found no virus either.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 16:41    

Jesse Moore wrote:
Grisoft's AVG found no virus either.

Very strange indeed...

Inge
Man-At-Arms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 17:50    

TOffe wrote:
Daxx909 wrote:

The track nameing will only be done in the mixer, it's the history that should be updated for 2.3.0

Both untrue Very Happy...go to edit-configuration-general, and untick 'rename tracks only from the mixer'. There you go Smile

Inge (still f*cked big time with his via chipset issue, but planning to get a new mobo next week)

Care for a game of Monopoly?
Jesse Moore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28 2003 18:26    

Sunbuster wrote:
I also did a google on BKDR_REVERSE.20, it came up with three hits, two were virus lists from some program, one was a french page so I didn't understand what it said, Smile

I can read some French. (man of many unused talents <grin>) That pagee was a list of virus utilities, virus utility uninstallters, and at the bottom was a list of viruses that Trend Micro's system cleaner scans for. But this last info was on the other two pages as well.

"The world would be a dull place if there were no Idealists"
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 11:29    

BKDR_REVERSE.20
Malware Backdoor Trojan
Destructive: Yes

I'll try to fix it with the anti-virus patterns I obtained, and if all else fails, I'll delete the file and download it again, just incase it was a one off
Pjo2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 13:02    

This is just a guess lollie,

but I think your computer may have this virus already? I scanned the new MT with Mcafee 7.0 and updated Norton 2003.

My guess is it infected the EXE file as soon as your downloaded it.

If i were yu i would do a complete system scan. I am fairly sure that yannick would be stingent about not giving us all a virus.

Smile
pjo2000

http://www.projectoverkill.com
CHICAGO子ollie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 13:33    

I've done several complete system scans, and my last guess on the whole situation is that it was a one off and I will download the file again! Very Happy

edit
BAH! This is starting to annoy me!!
I downloaded it again, scanned again, found the virus (AGAIN), and deleted it to prevent further scanning Mad
Dammit... BLAST YOU EVIL--Trojan--virus--thingy...

Last edited by CHICAGO子ollie on Sun Jun 29 2003 22:21; edited 1 time in total
TOffe
Beta-Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 15:31    

Inge wrote:

Both untrue Very Happy...go to edit-configuration-general, and untick 'rename tracks only from the mixer'. There you go Smile

Inge (still f*cked big time with his via chipset issue, but planning to get a new mobo next week)

You right Embarassed
As I got it, the tracknaming would only be done in the mixer, but it's better this way, to be able to choose where to do the tracknaming.

Sunbuster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29 2003 21:45    

ok, so to get this topic back from the virus thingy, an report about the track naming and muting of tracks:

Go to config->general and make sure the box where it says "rename tracks only from the mixer" is not checked. Now when you double click on the part of the pattern window where it says "track 0, track 1, track 2 etc." you'll be able to rename the tracks from there. Ok nothing new so far.

Here comes the interesting part. If you have the checkbox unchecked in config, you'll be able to mute tracks (other than track 0) by single clicking on the trackname in the pattern window. But there is a pretty long latency before the track gets muted (don't know if this is because of some configuration of mine or not, but I doubt it). Now, if you go back to config and check the box "rename tracks only from the mixer", you won't be able to mute tracks by doing as I described before. Instead, you'll only be able to mute the track that you last muted. For instance, if you last muted track 4 by clicking on the name in the pattern window, then go and check the checkbox, and then try to mute track 2, track 4 will be muted.

Don't know if this was a known issue, but at least somewhere it was said that you can only mute track 0 by clicking on the name in the pattern window. This it seems, is not true Wink Anyway, I guess this will be fixed anyway since there was a known issue with the track muting from the start, but hopefully the report helped a bit Smile
Reply to topic Post new topic  
Page 2 of 4 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next